Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2005 3:44:01 PM EDT
I just received a phone call from one of the staff at work.  Keep in mind this is SECOND HAND INFO AND I HAVE NO WAY TO VERIFY IT!!!  the staff member is not LEO, and didn't know which questions to ask.

Tarrant county Sheriff and Constable Pct 7, among others apparently are meeting with FEMA to set up a group of officers with medical expertise (EMS cert, etc) to go to New Orleans.

The mission is medical evacuation by armed personnel within the effected area currently considered unapproachable.  FEMA will be in charge.  I'm told they are accepting volunteers, and the first group leaves late Sunday night or Monday morning from Dallas.   Duration is 5-9 days with a possibility of more trips in the future.

I'm already going in the morning with another group,, and I can't take the time away from packing to research it.  Take this with a grain of salt please, but this MAY  be a way to get into the mix.

Good luck to those who try.  I just hope it's not a rumor.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:46:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:48:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Who in their right mind would want to "get in the mix"? I'd go if I had to go but there is no way in hell that I'd volunteer. Yes, I'm saying you are a better man than me. Good luck and stay safe you crazy bastard.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:50:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Go for it. If I was still in I would go.

Stay safe and try to update.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:53:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top