Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2006 1:58:28 PM EDT
Damn what a problem.  When I watch Spike TV using DISH my sound on my TV will go all static every few minutes.  

It stays this way on all channels, cable TV or DISH.  I have to unplug the damned TV to reset the sound.  Then a few minutes later it starts all over.  This happens only on Spike.  

Any ideas?????
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:58:39 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Any ideas?????

Call tech support ???
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:10:58 PM EDT
[#2]
What kind of TV do you have. I know there has been problems with RCA and some others lately with the lower regular channels with cable lately Nation wide. Some of the networks have switched there transmitting softwear and it has been overloading the cable boxes causing them to loose sound. I know you don't have cable but who knows maybe somehow it could be connected.

oh yeah like Pete said call teck support
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:23:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Is it still doing it?
Most likely a problem on their end otherwise you would have bad audio on every channel.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:26:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm on Cablesouth and channel 78 (last one) periodically loses about half the volume. I can either "Alternate Channel" twice or jack it up 10 clicks. Then when it reverts to normal it blows the wax out of my ears.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:31:07 PM EDT
[#5]
It's a GE 31" about 2 years old.  It's been doing this for about 2 months now.  

I guess I'll try tech support tommorrow, oh boy what fun!!!!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:38:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Call tech support, we can try ot fix it, may even be a known problem
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:40:15 PM EDT
[#7]
OK, thanks.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:43:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:44:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Normally if its a single station and your saying its on cable AND Dish, then its an issue with Spike. It happens from time to time. Call your tech support and they will get the info to there network people who handle the incoming signals and look at it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top