Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/25/2014 11:08:03 AM EDT
This is the only place (ar15.com) that I have found anything on the mystery of the underground tunnels under what used to be the 'James Connally Air Force Base'. I currently am attending TSTC and I'm really excited since I found out about these tunnels. I've heard all different stories around town about how many tunnels there are and what's inside, stuff like that. Well someon said to check a corner where it looks like the man made drainage ditch is that was brought up as an entrance. Well I know that's not an entrance because it's a ditch next to the diesel department where my classes are. But I found a better ditch opening. This one looks like how the ditch was explained on the forum here, man made, big enough to back a dues and a half up to. If you look and the biggest runway on google maps (the east runway) about 3/4's up the runway, to the right there is a long ditch that looks man made, look at where it stops and there seems to be a big dark hole. Thanks and looking forward to replies
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 11:08:33 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 11:10:59 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 11:12:56 AM EDT
My head now hurts.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 11:13:40 AM EDT
Newest of the 14ers.  Cool story bro.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 11:13:59 AM EDT
OP is talking about this spot. https://maps.google.com/maps?q=31.642641,-97.071676&num=1&t=h&z=15 .

You can't access the tunnels until you get a note from an airport supervisor to pick up some air line.  Present the note to the guy at the gate to the airfield and he will direct you to the tunnel entrance.

It's the coolest thing you will ever see.  It's best not to say anymore here.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 11:16:59 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hugo_Stiglitz:
OP is talking about this spot. https://maps.google.com/maps?q=31.642641,-97.071676&num=1&t=h&z=15 .

You can't access the tunnels until you get a note from an airport supervisor to pick up some air line.  Present the note to the guy at the gate to the airfield and he will direct you to the tunnel entrance.

View Quote

You've said too much already.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 11:17:58 AM EDT
Tier 3 AFB

Only a 3 hole golf course.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 11:20:14 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 11:20:18 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 11:20:20 AM EDT
Originally Posted By basselope22:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Dood, what happens in the tunnels stays in the tunnels...Sheese
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 11:35:05 AM EDT
Originally Posted By DS11M:

View All Quotes

Oh what the hell,  I went to TSTC briefly for a 2nd degree.   IN!
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 11:39:10 AM EDT
Just interesting stuff. Didn't mean to resurface the old thread. I just couldn't reply to it so I started my own. And also sorry for the headache, I didn't proof read nor did I re-read it at all lol. I love studying/adventuring stuff like this.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 11:48:27 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ShiftSix:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ShiftSix:

Is tunneling like going caving?
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 11:48:57 AM EDT
Originally Posted By gimmeytheGMC:
Just interesting stuff. Didn't mean to resurface the old thread. I just couldn't reply to it so I started my own. And also sorry for the headache, I didn't proof read nor did I re-read it at all lol. I love studying/adventuring stuff like this.
View Quote

What evidence do you have?
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 11:53:29 AM EDT
I'm Happy for Ya
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 11:56:28 AM EDT
This is one of the few GD threatds I've seen that I officially have no idea what OP is talking about.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 11:57:53 AM EDT
Not much. Just what has pretty much been shared on here or different entrance locations. If it means jail time then it's probably not worth exploring... Actually it probably is lol
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:03:32 PM EDT

The really good tunnels are over at the Wings for Christ Flight Academy south east of there.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:08:54 PM EDT
I've never heard of that. Does it require a lot of work and permission like this one?
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:09:16 PM EDT
Where are the pics??
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:13:59 PM EDT

I've never heard of that. Does it require a lot of work and permission like this one?
View Quote

You have to kiss the Cardinal's ring....if they have it torn down.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:14:25 PM EDT
In, before the old blind man living in the tunnel rapes you when your flashlight batteries run out.....
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:15:23 PM EDT
Say wut?
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:16:10 PM EDT
Snow?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:16:31 PM EDT
Confined space operations and the things down there????
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:17:19 PM EDT
What does a dues and a half run on?

Moe gas?
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:17:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Seven-Shooter:

This is one of the few GD threatds I've seen that I officially have no idea what OP is talking about.
View Quote
You are not alone.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:25:22 PM EDT
Class of 84. Never heard about this.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:33:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/25/2014 12:39:00 PM EDT by RichJ]
I can't speak for any tunnels near TSTC, but your description sounds an awful lot like an adventure I took one drunken night while in college.

I was pretty shit-faced at the time so I don't recall the exact location of the entrance but it was in Waco and nowhere near TSTC.   Anyway... we were driving around Waco causing mild mayhem when one of the guys I was with knew of a cool tunnel to explore.  We went looking for it and found it.  Seems like we were over by Bosque Ave. or maybe Waco Dr. but there was a large opening to a drainage ditch behind a small business (or maybe it was a garage) big enough to drive a Jeep Cherokee through, because we did just that.  We jumped a curb and drove probably 1.5 miles down a pitch black tunnel doing about 50 mph.   It was wild but it got kind of creepy; so much so that we actually kind of freaked out a little and turned around.   We never made it to the end, but the guy who took us there said he had done it before and it came out somewhere very close to the football stadium on Valley Mills.

That's all I got.  What I was in was a drainage ditch, nothing more.  If one of those ditches exists then there could also be others and I can see how local mythology could turn them into something else.  Is it possible that the airport just didn't want the runways to flood and this was the solution?  If there is more to this, I would be very interested in hearing the rest of the story.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:33:50 PM EDT
Again, I am sorry for not being clear in my original post. My mistake.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:39:57 PM EDT
Lol that sounds like it was fun though.

I heard of these tunnels after being told about the tstc airport tunnels. The Baylor tunnels don't match the description of the "huge" tunnels under the airport.
http://baylorlariat.com/2011/07/21/tunnel-vision-workers-inhabit-hidden-world-beneath-campus/

And this is where I first found something on the tstc tunnels.
http://www.uer.ca/forum_showthread_archive.asp?fid=3&threadid=2292
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:41:35 PM EDT
Originally Posted By MrGreenJeans:
In, before the old blind man living in the tunnel rapes you when your flashlight batteries run out.....
View Quote

yes this happened to me once… won't happen again
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:41:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/25/2014 12:42:58 PM EDT by JAFFE]
TSTC is a tech college campus occupying what was an AF base back in the day (James Connally AFB).  Closed in the late 60's IIRC.

Most of the older Cold War era bases had basements and interconnecting tunnels.

Spaces were used for storage, shelter, and running of facilities stuff (elec, steam, water, etc...) below ground.

If the "tunnels" are only around the airfield, they may be a part of the drainage system.
OP
- if they are the old base tunnels, who knows how long those areas have been blocked off, or what
clean-up has been done before the base closed (or since).  Not a good idea to go running
around down there.  Potential for hazmat, bad air, all sorts of venomous
shit and maybe stuff like hantavirus from all the mouse shit, and will
be as dark as a mine if your light(s) go out while inside.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:43:13 PM EDT
Eyes only.....CHUD housing
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:44:52 PM EDT
? QUE ?
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:45:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ssgbunny448:

Eyes only.....CHUD housing
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:45:26 PM EDT
Lol that sounds like it was fun though.

I heard of these tunnels after being told about the tstc airport tunnels. The Baylor tunnels don't match the description of the "huge" tunnels under the airport.
http://baylorlariat.com/2011/07/21/tunnel-vision-workers-inhabit-hidden-world-beneath-campus/

And this is where I first found something on the tstc tunnels.
http://www.uer.ca/forum_showthread_archive.asp?fid=3&threadid=2292
View Quote

No, no.  Those are the utility tunnels under campus.  Those are just big enough to walk through and not the same thing at all.  

The one I am talking about was big enough to drive a truck through.  Keep looking.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:48:12 PM EDT
No I know what you meant. I meant when I first started reasearching after finding out about the tstc tunnels that's what I found. And it knew they couldn't be the same.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:49:13 PM EDT
I've been told there is an underground hanger under some soccer fields or some such.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:49:30 PM EDT
Are the tunnels lined with aluminum foil? If so, awesomest secret hideout evah
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:51:59 PM EDT
This is the forum I found when I starting reasearching that led me to post my own since I couldn't reply. Has a few good stuff in it
https://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=8&f=8&t=512696
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:53:42 PM EDT
Put it this way... If there was something down there, much less some kind of super secret military shit, there would at least be a chain or something blocking the entrance to keep knuckle-headed dipshits from driving a fucking car down it to see where it goes.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:54:32 PM EDT
poonstang90lx - "There are tunnels underneath the runway big enough to drive a vehicle in. I have been down in one of them. I dont know about anymore other than those. My best friend is the airport supervisor and has been for 20 years. He was the liason to the SS when Bush was pres. He said the SS inspected and secured the tunnels when the pres started using the airport. I will ask him if they are still open and how hard it would be to get into them to explore. The entrance that we went into was at the north end of the runway."
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:55:26 PM EDT
Probably just storage.  Many shelves full of grid squares.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:57:30 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DRich:
Probably just storage.  Many shelves full of grid squares.
View Quote

The world may never know...
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 1:18:48 PM EDT
Just found this:  http://www.texnews.com/1998/2003/texas/texas_Parents_o48.html

pretty much describes what I was talking about.  20' high and 17' wide seems about right.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 1:22:06 PM EDT
Any children that I may somehow father though a vasectomy from this day forward will be dumber because I read that post..
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 2:25:15 PM EDT
Let me know of any other cool stuff people have found or stuff to adventure/checkout. Why not make these fews years of living in waco worth while? (Besides going to school and working)
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 2:26:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/25/2014 2:28:14 PM EDT by Azygos]
Make sure you take an extra Mini Mag flashlight, carry a canary in a cage to monitor the breathing conditions, and leave a trail of breadcrumbs*.

*That's to feed the canary. You wouldn't want him to starve to death instead of asphyxiating.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 2:28:42 PM EDT
What?!?!?! You mean there's underground tunnels at various military bases that lead to long-term storage of supplies, including trucks, weapons, ancient rations, uniforms, ammo, spare parts, and all kinds of other stuff???? OMG!!!!!!!!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top