Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/18/2008 4:41:47 AM EDT
So here I am sitting AT THE GATE waiting for my flight. Mind you I'm PAST security.

I'm watching two greassy-haired, rubber-gloved TSA lackies roaming through the seating area randomly selecting passengers for "additional screening". They have swabs and a small machine that they are using to wipe on hands and luggage handles.

Idiots!

PS - OH NO - they are coming my way! Its been nice knowing all of you. Please write.

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:43:45 AM EDT
[#1]
They got a new toy & they're trying to figure out what those puter things do.  TSA = Totally Stupid Assholes.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:45:12 AM EDT
[#2]
What is it about what they are doing that makes them "idiots"?

Was everyone who went through primary inspection tested for residue?
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:45:40 AM EDT
[#3]
If they stop you, please remind them that the horse is out of the barn.  Al Qaeda will never take over another American flight because the passengers won't let them.  They probably can take down an airplane though but the TSA screening won't catch them.

Best thing is to make everyone eat a slice of bacon or rub their hands on a pigskin football prior to admission into the boarding area.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:46:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Obviously you have not flown recently
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:48:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Dibs on your guns
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:48:28 AM EDT
[#6]
They're just justifying their existence. Now, be a good citizen, comply, and remember the Dear Leader cares for you.

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 5:49:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Obviously you have not flown recently

Are you saying that they are doing 100% residue testing in primary security?
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 5:57:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I feel so much safer now.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 5:57:10 AM EDT
[#9]
LOL.  I wouldn't even want to go through TSA checkpoints in Newark or Philly now since the annointed one has been elected.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 6:10:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Now, i'm usually the first to jump on TSA, but I don't really see where the "Idiotic" part comes in here.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 6:13:33 AM EDT
[#11]

They're looking for nice watches to "swab".
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 6:48:19 AM EDT
[#12]
I failed to see how said TSA employees were being idiots. Sounds like they were just doing the job they had been assigned. Maybe you should turn your attention to where the decisions are being made (IE: Managment) and not towards the people out in the field who are just doing what managment told them to do???

DHS list the National Threat Level as Yellow or Elevated, BUT the threat level for the AIRLINE INDUSTRY is listed as HIGH or ORANGE.

Perhaps they recived information to believe something is up that is making them worry more and they are stepping up their "Layers of Security" ideas.

Ever notice how security seems to be redundant and checks the same thing more than once? Thats intentional so that if they miss something in one layer it's caught in another layer. They realise that their people are human and are cabable of making mistakes. No one wants a mistake to allow a plance to blow up in the air do they?

I admit  I've never heard of TSA doing random spot checks at the gate, but they will do a "gate check" on a person if the airline requests it, or if the airline encounters a passanger with a boarding pass marked for additional screening that had not been marked by TSA that the additional screening process had been completed.

Or perhaps there was a threat recieved against that particular flight. It is not uncommon for TSA to recieve information that a particular flight is the target of an unknown attack and step up security on that flight accordingly.

Do I enjoy goig threw TSA security? Hell No! But that does not make what they are doin any less important. If im going to be sitting in a damn flying metal tube several miles high with hundreds of strangers who have hundres of bags in a cargo hold under my ass, I'm not going to complain about having to send my shit threw screening. Yea I have to take my shoes and jacket off and occationaly get patted down, but in return I know that someone checked the rest of those people and their shit as well. Even if I were allowed to fly with a gun on my hip and my AR on my damn lap that wouldn't protect be from a bomb in the cargo hold or in the suitcase of the fucktard in the next aisle..

You need to chill out. These people are just doing theirs jobs just like any other person at work.

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 6:52:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I failed to see how said TSA employees were being idiots. Sounds like they were just doing the job they had been assigned. Maybe you should turn your attention to where the decisions are being made (IE: Managment) and not towards the people out in the field who are just doing what managment told them to do???

DHS list the National Threat Level as Yellow or Elevated, BUT the threat level for the AIRLINE INDUSTRY is listed as HIGH or ORANGE.

Perhaps they recived information to believe something is up that is making them worry more and they are stepping up their "Layers of Security" ideas.

Ever notice how security seems to be redundant and checks the same thing more than once? Thats intentional so that if they miss something in one layer it's caught in another layer. They realise that their people are human and are cabable of making mistakes. No one wants a mistake to allow a plance to blow up in the air do they?

I admit  I've never heard of TSA doing random spot checks at the gate, but they will do a "gate check" on a person if the airline requests it, or if the airline encounters a passanger with a boarding pass marked for additional screening that had not been marked by TSA that the additional screening process had been completed.

Or perhaps there was a threat recieved against that particular flight. It is not uncommon for TSA to recieve information that a particular flight is the target of an unknown attack and step up security on that flight accordingly.

Do I enjoy goig threw TSA security? Hell No! But that does not make what they are doin any less important. If im going to be sitting in a damn flying metal tube several miles high with hundreds of strangers who have hundres of bags in a cargo hold under my ass, I'm not going to complain about having to send my shit threw screening. Yea I have to take my shoes and jacket off and occationaly get patted down, but in return I know that someone checked the rest of those people and their shit as well. Even if I were allowed to fly with a gun on my hip and my AR on my damn lap that wouldn't protect be from a bomb in the cargo hold or in the suitcase of the fucktard in the next aisle..

You need to chill out. These people are just doing theirs jobs just like any other person at work.

this
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 7:03:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Made it through one flight (thanks to the TSA). Now on to the next.

To the few posters that obviously disagree with my opinion: Great. More power to you. You have every right to share your thoughts and opinions.

That said, my opinion is no better nor worse than those who are obvious fans of the TSA lackies.

I don't get into debates or respond to challenges to my thoughts, so to those that question my opinions: I have no response for you!
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 7:08:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
They're just justifying their existence. Now, be a good citizen, comply, and remember the Dear Leader cares for you.

TSA is obama's fault?

I'm amazed, by the support of the TSA flunkies. Though looking around at the state of these late great united states I shouldn't be.  If anyone really believes a guy who's last job was asking "Will that be a large fries?" is going to protect the nation's skies from islamic terrorists, you are living in a fantasy world.

Quoted:

Just begging for a Godwin, aren't you.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 7:27:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

TSA is obama's fault?

I'm amazed, by the support of the TSA flunkies. Though looking around at the state of these late great united states I shouldn't be.  If anyone really believes a guy who's last job was asking "Will that be a large fries?" is going to protect the nation's skies from islamic terrorists, you are living in a fantasy world.

Quoted:

Nah...TSA isn't Obama's fault. I was just passing along the sheeps belief that the gov't will take care of you.

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 8:05:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

TSA is obama's fault?

Quoted:

LoL you realise that their must be thousands of military severicemen and law enforcement officers whose last job entailed asking something similar to "Will that be a large fries?" You're not insinuating that they are not capable of performing their duties are you? If so, you are way out of line. If not, then your comment makes no sense.

TSA puts their people threw weeks of training. Every year every TSO must demonstrate their skills in order to recertify and keep their job. TSA also constantly modifies their screening processes and retrains every TSO to meet their new standards.

TSA is not a perfect agency, but they do a pretty good job with the hand they were delt.

BTW I'm not familiar with the term "Godwin", I looked it up and only found references to Nazi comparisons???  Wtf were you gettin at??
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 8:08:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Take your laptops outcha bag....

Link NSFW re: adult language
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 8:12:38 AM EDT
[#19]
VACaver said:
Nah...TSA isn't Obama's fault. I was just passing along the sheeps belief that the gov't will take care of you.

Ok say we did away with screening. I guess before every plane you get on you would personaly check every bag of every other passenger on the plane?? If not then you entrusting your life to the assumtion that nobody on that plane wants to blow it up or otherwise kill you.
I hate big govt as much as most on this board (excluding trolls), but I also realise that there is no way I can guarantee my personal safety on a commercial aircraft. No sidearm, rifle or excessive amount of tinfoil armor is going to protect you from an IED exploding at 30,000 feet.

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 8:14:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
LOL.  I wouldn't even want to go through TSA checkpoints in Newark or Philly now since the annointed one has been elected.

I'd rather drive to my next vacation.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 8:17:44 AM EDT
[#21]
For the most part TSA is filled with brain dead idiots, hence the reason they are working for TSA in the first place.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 8:19:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd rather drive to my next vacation.

I'm in Newark airport all the time. Surprisingly the ONLY post election conversation I have heard among TSOs was their disgust for the results. They were definaltly pro McCain. The group I overheard consisted of mostly whites and hispanics. I didn't hear a peep from the overwhelming majority of black TSOs.

I don't know about philly tho.

ETA: Prior to election day I overheard two black TSOs talking while walking down C terminal. One was saying how he doesn't like or trust Obama, the other said she was going to vote for Obama just cause he's black. I laughed when the first TSO looked at her like and said thats a stupid reason.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 8:33:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
For the most part TSA is filled with brain dead idiots, hence the reason they are working for TSA in the first place.

Strange then how the majority of TSAs turnover rate is attributed to TSOs moving on to other law enforcement and government agencies?

Many many of those whom you refer to as "idiots" are using TSA to get their foot in the door with a federal agency. Thousands of people leave TSA and go to US Customs and Border Patrol, ICE, FBI, US Marshals,  Federal Air Marshals or Secret Service. Many others leave to go to municipal or state law enforcement agencies. I meet a US Army Sergeant who was attached to the Army Core of Engineers. His job in Iraq was to locate and dispose of roadside IEDs. He was stateside on medical leave and was working for TSA while waiting to be medically cleared to be sent back overseas with his unit.

These are not people who deserve this kind of harassment.

Again I loath going through a security checkpoint just as much as everyone else. I've also had my share of bad experiences with individual TSOs. That does not give me the right to bash the entire agency.

There are alot of good people who really care working for TSA.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 8:48:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
rubber-gloved TSA lackies roaming through the seating area randomly selecting passengers for "additional screening". They have swabs

PAP smears...?
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 8:54:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Strange then how the majority of TSAs turnover rate is attributed to TSOs moving on to other law enforcement and government agencies?

Ah yes, because being a cop or .gov employee means you're a genius.

Some of the dumbest people I've ever met have worked for the government.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 8:59:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah yes, because being a cop or .gov employee means you're a genius.

Some of the dumbest people I've ever met have worked for the government.

Yup, and I bet you've met just as many dumb people who dont work for the govt. So what does that say about dumb people? They're everywhere.

Again as long as an agency or company or industry employs humans they are going to have their fair share of idiots. That does not mean the entire organization is to blame.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 9:17:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

idk about you guys but everywhere I go it is filled with brain dead idiots.

I do think its a little over doing it. To do random checks after you just went through 20min of being checked.

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 9:20:04 AM EDT
[#28]
For my last security gig I was at a training session hosted by this guy who was on the Philly bomb squad for 25 years and was on one of the response teams for okc and 9/11.  He opened up his bag, looked down at the projector that was in it, saw that between point a and point b somebody at TSA popped the cover off the projector and went around unplugging wires.

His words were, "Yeah, if that's a bomb I wanna see you unplug that, sigh."
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 7:13:42 PM EDT
[#29]
I admit I've never heard of TSA doing random spot checks at the gate

They started about a half-year ago. They're not just doing passengers either, these same roving teams are also roaming around the tarmac and hitting the ground crews, baggage handlers, and searching the airplanes before people get on. It's just another layer.

They're trying to rely more on unpredictability than the by-rote-examinations at the checkpoints. That's a good thing.

NTM
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 7:26:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Uh, Sparky –– we can thank George W. Bush for the TSA, not Obamalamadingdong.  Bush, the "Republican".
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 7:27:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh, Sparky –– we can thank George W. Bush for the TSA, not Obamalamadingdong.  Bush, the "Republican".

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 1:22:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess you missed my earlier post saying it wasn't Obama's fault.

RIF
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 1:35:17 AM EDT
[#33]
sounds like random ion scans.

Gee, isn't one of the major points in setting up security at some "be unpredictable"

Random measures really can't hurt much.

I bag on TSA just as much, if not more than the next guy, but geez, I sure want to know if the guy getting on the plane next to me has traces of RDX all over his hands and clothes.

On a somewhat related note, a buddy passed on to me that apparently TSA shits a brick when the EntryScan machine shows traces of various explosives on you, from handling training aids earlier that morning
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 2:39:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 8:37:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
VACaver said:

Ok say we did away with screening. I guess before every plane you get on you would personaly check every bag of every other passenger on the plane?? If not then you entrusting your life to the assumtion that nobody on that plane wants to blow it up or otherwise kill you.
I hate big govt as much as most on this board (excluding trolls), but I also realise that there is no way I can guarantee my personal safety on a commercial aircraft. No sidearm, rifle or excessive amount of tinfoil armor is going to protect you from an IED exploding at 30,000 feet.

Private Enterprise.  Not bottom of the barrel fry cooks with the full force of government behind them.  Which leads to the abuse and incompetence bush presented to us in the TSA we see today.

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 9:23:52 PM EDT
[#36]
To the OP:
Put your money where your mouth is, if you can do a better job prove it!

That is what I did after 9/11.  Gave up a career in architecture for a job with TSA.  Best decision I have ever made.  I started in NY and was one of the first to have the job.  I do not care if you like TSA or not, our mission is quite simple, keep the bad people and bad things off of the aircraft.  How we go about that task can get really technical.  After 6 years I have met some of the most dedicated officers in this country.  We quietly do our jobs, often to a thankless public, we endure many slanders but always focus on the mission.  

By the way you are welcome, and I am glad you made it to your destination safely.  Mission accomplished!

To those of you who trash the TSA, I respect your freedom of speech as I respect all of our Constitutional rights (this is the third time I have taken oath to our country).  My question to you is, what would you do differently?  Are there bad officers?  Yes there are, my advice is ask to speak with their supervisor.  If asking fails, demand it.  We work for you, you help pay our salaries and deserve the best possible security and customer service that we can provide.  If there is a problem we will fix it.

To those of you who get it and are supportive of the TSA.  Thank you, I know that I am not wasting my time, talent or energy to help protect our country.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 1:47:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
To the OP:

That is what I did after 9/11.  Gave up a career in architecture for a job with TSA.  Best decision I have ever made.  I started in NY and was one of the first to have the job.  I do not care if you like TSA or not, our mission is quite simple, keep the bad people and bad things off of the aircraft.  How we go about that task can get really technical.  After 6 years I have met some of the most dedicated officers in this country.  We quietly do our jobs, often to a thankless public, we endure many slanders but always focus on the mission.  

By the way you are welcome, and I am glad you made it to your destination safely.  Mission accomplished!

To those of you who trash the TSA, I respect your freedom of speech as I respect all of our Constitutional rights (this is the third time I have taken oath to our country).  My question to you is, what would you do differently?  Are there bad officers?  Yes there are, my advice is ask to speak with their supervisor.  If asking fails, demand it.  We work for you, you help pay our salaries and deserve the best possible security and customer service that we can provide.  If there is a problem we will fix it.

To those of you who get it and are supportive of the TSA.  Thank you, I know that I am not wasting my time, talent or energy to help protect our country.

Sorry, I don't get into pissing matches.

PS - I didn't realize that building Big-Macs was considered architecture
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 1:54:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
They got a new toy & they're trying to figure out what those puter things do.  TSA = Totally Stupid Assholes.

Too Stupid for Arby's.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 2:08:20 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
To the OP:

Fuck the TSA and their and stupid 3oz of liquid in a clear baggie, and their thieves, and the false sense of security they are provide, and their employees who act like robots.

Clean up your organizations act, and you will get some respect for doing your job. Until then, stuff it. I don't appreciate the job that you do, or how you do it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 2:33:01 AM EDT
[#40]
How many fingers in the anal cavity search? Seriously, I was informed by a disgruntled TSA guy that the machines dont work. The reason why they always run my stuff about 3 times and still hand search after that.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:30:53 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
To the OP:

That's one hell of a Kool Aid moustache you're sporting there.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:39:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
So here I am sitting AT THE GATE waiting for my flight. Mind you I'm PAST security.

I'm watching two greassy-haired, rubber-gloved TSA lackies roaming through the seating area randomly selecting passengers for "additional screening". They have swabs and a small machine that they are using to wipe on hands and luggage handles.

Idiots!

PS - OH NO - they are coming my way! Its been nice knowing all of you. Please write.

I know of TSA retardery. I've been through secondary screening more then once.

>Wearing a hockey jersey will set off TSA at Sky Harbor. The TSA chick feeling me up there on my way home,  was worse then Chastity Bono. Funny that I flew in earlier that day wearing the same jersey with no issue.
>MacCaren has issue with lip gloss.  It was .03 of an oz. I got an earful about putting things 3 oz or more in a baggie from a "brain surgeon" there.....after a complete "search"  
>JWA will damn near strip search you if you book same day...Yeah....I got the dreaded "red box" more then once. They are at least polite here.

Tsa = retards with a government paying job.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:54:18 AM EDT
[#43]
I'd rather WALK.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:18:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:26:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Please reply to the poll.

Sorry for the typos, its my fat fingers fighting my Blackberry.

I just went through TSA 15 minutes ago. Six blue-shirts working the line, ten standing off to the side. I listened to their discussions for a few minutes as I cleaned off the anal-lube. They were looking at the schedule and comparing how much overtime they were getting.
Everyone should watch how many blue-shirts are actually WORKING! Then go to McDonalds. Count how many "flippers" are actually WORKING.
See anything in common?
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:29:00 AM EDT
[#46]
They could not flip burgers.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:32:41 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
They could not flip burgers.

I don't know, some of the burgers I've been handed from McDonalds and Burger King look like it was made by someone with a monkey dick for a brain. Not to mention that I haven't had the correct order in the last 10 times I've been to a fast food place.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:37:47 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Bullshit
They are doing make work at HUGE WAGES AND BENEFITS paid for by MY TAX MONEY

See, in the real world, we have to earn our money.

They are sucking off the government tit, from the top on down.

Doing it "because management told you" isn't a good enough reason when you are working for me.  Because, believe it or not, in the end you are.  
It doesn't do jack shit for security and EVERYONE knows it.
it's a damn joke and basically a sop to the public unions to get a bunch of mouthbreathers jobs and "federal experience"

Do the right thing and either do something that actually provides security (see Israeli airports) or quit sucking off the government tit and go find some real work.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:43:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Cross-eyed drooling idiots!

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:46:54 AM EDT
[#50]
Had to fly from Sacto to Ontario and back 2 weeks ago.

I was surprised––––––––––TSA in Sacto was professional and on the ball.

Returning the next day––––––––-TSA in Ontario was a major butt-picking clusterfuck...!

My wife does this twice a week. (She be a ass kicking Spartan to put up with this shit...!)

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top