Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/16/2011 8:34:52 AM EDT
Article

Looks like all the guy did was write the 4th Amendment on his chest/stomach - gets detained for 90 minutes handcuffed, charges later dropped.

Now on for a 250K lawsuit

WTF is with TSA?

How in the hell is the writing on a guy's chest worth handcuffing him over?

This country is slipping away and fast.  if you are not in lock step with the facist element, you are the enemy
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:37:11 AM EDT
[#1]
DHS considers the 4th Amendment a Fatwa
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:38:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Good for the kid... Freedom of speech and all that.  I dont blame him one bit.  The TSA's actions (by the article) were purely unjustified in my opinion.  Doesn't state that the kid was being a wise-ass or anything like that.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:40:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Haven't they gotten to the forth for tp use yet?

Wiped their collective asses with the rest of it already.

Does anyone think any good will come of any of this?

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:41:23 AM EDT
[#4]
A 21-year-old Virginia man who wrote an abbreviated version of the Fourth Amendment on his body and stripped to his shorts at an airport security screening area is demanding $250,000 in damages for being detained on a disorderly conduct charge.

I think the charges were bullshit, but the kid was trying to provoke them.

Good on him.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:41:55 AM EDT
[#5]
"while under interrogation on December 30, the authorities wanted to know
"about his affiliation with, or knowledge of, any terrorist
organizations"

there are not enough of these in the universe to express how screwed up the TSA/Feds are

what if he had a copy of the Constitution on him as well?

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:42:40 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

A 21-year-old Virginia man who wrote an abbreviated version of the Fourth Amendment on his body and stripped to his shorts at an airport security screening area is demanding $250,000 in damages for being detained on a disorderly conduct charge.

Good on him.

I'm proud to see college kids with the balls to do this

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:43:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Shut up peasant! Dont wave your fancy BOR at me!
Now show me your papers and get naked.
Its sad that when invoking the very documents this country was/is supposed to be founded on they consider you a terrorist.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:44:01 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm just sayin' that if I was built like that kid, I'd never wear a shirt anywhere.

No homo.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:44:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Concur.  TSA and DHS isn't about safety.  It's about reminding the people that they're peons, subjects of the king (and the corporations that give him his marching orders), and that the government controls the peons, not vice-versa.  

BTW, during WW II the American Army picked the biggest, Afro-American soldiers to be black-MPs.  For the most part, white MPs would handle white enlisted men and black-MPs would handle Afro-American soldiers.  They were encouraged to be rough if resisted.  We say that very same mindset being used against We The People today.  Hire the high-school grad with little potential and little skill and suddenly endow him or her with awesome powers, powers that they don't hesitate to use because they don't have enough intelligence to understand the law.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:45:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Good for him.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:47:49 AM EDT
[#11]

My only issue with this is ... he could have made it look a little better. It's kinda obvious he did it in the mirror.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:49:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm just sayin' that if I was built like that kid, I'd never wear a shirt anywhere.

No homo.

Reverify gaydar direction.  One ping only.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:52:40 AM EDT
[#13]
The comments have devolved into a race issue, started by someone afflicted with a terrible case of white guilt.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:52:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Shut up peasant! Dont wave your fancy BOR at me!
Now show me your papers and get naked.
Its sad that when invoking the very documents this country was/is supposed to be founded on they consider you a terrorist.

So very, very sad.  If I knew anyone with balls, I'd take $39 flights until I banked 2 million in suits.  What's a flight to Cleveland - like $39.  Flights out are double

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:53:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/threatlevel/2011/03/13782919_BG11.jpeg

My only issue with this is ... he could have made it look a little better. It's kinda obvious he did it in the mirror.

Yeah the backwards "4" gave it away.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:53:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/threatlevel/2011/03/13782919_BG11.jpeg

The backwards 4 really gives it away, no?

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:53:39 AM EDT
[#17]
I think it probably had more to do with him taking his clothes off then what was written on his chest.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:55:48 AM EDT
[#18]
It would  have been easier if he just wore the t-shirt.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:56:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I think it probably had more to do with him taking his clothes off then what was written on his chest.

Well it's not like he just stripped down to flash them.  He opted for the pat-down knowing full well that he'd be shirtless.

So yes, he was trying to stick it to them, but his method was not illegal.
It sounds more like they got their panties in a bunch over it and wanted to put him in his place for it.

If that's the plan it'd be better off getting a quality tattoo.  Hell might even be able to fit the whole 4A that way.

O wait never mind.  I like that shirt.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:57:52 AM EDT
[#20]
can't believe I'm the first to say it, but...

What's his user name?

Right on, kid! Good show.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:58:33 AM EDT
[#21]
The kid needs a hair cut.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:59:30 AM EDT
[#22]
http://cargocollective.com/4thamendment
Found the store that sells those things.

hmmm.  looks like they do underwear too. and socks.  i love crazy socks.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:00:08 AM EDT
[#23]
So you display an amendment of the U.S. Constitution on your body or otherwise and you are automatically suspected of involvment with terrorists?

WTF?  

U.S. Constitution = terrorist/terrorism/terrorist activity/terrorist association ?????????????????????????????????????????????
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:00:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Thats awsome
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:01:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No homo.  

What you did there –– I see it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:02:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Good on him.

Pretty sad when the constitution "provokes" government agents into arresting you.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:02:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

This country is slipping away and fast.  if you are not in lock step with the facist element, you are the enemy

Please stop with the  "This country is going to pot" garbage.  If anything this is a story about how our country is still great.  We have youth who are adamant about protecting their rights.

ETA: Good job kid.  Sounds like he played his cards perfectly.  Stayed calm and made a clear point.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:03:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Unfortunately, we are the ones paying for this lawsuit. (Well, some of us)

I'm totally for it though. I hope a lot more people jump on the bandwagon and sue. We need to do away with the scanners and molestations ("Patdowns").
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:04:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:05:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please stop with the  "This country is going to pot" garbage.  If anything this is a story about how our country is still great.  We have youth who are adamant about protecting their rights.

I call 'em like I see 'em.  The 4th Amendment no entitles you to a 90 minute handcuffed detention - yeah - that the kinda shit that made this country great . . .

Garbage . . . . mmmkay
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:05:49 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I need one of those.

Might pick a couple up for Christmas presents too.

Oh, good on the kid.  I hope he wins his lawsuit.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:06:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
... if you are not in lock step with the facist element, you are the enemy

"Facist element"?

Kind of over the top, don't you think?

I hope this young man wins his lawsuit and embarrasses the idiots in the TSA.

If I had thought of this, I would have had room to write the whole Bill of Rights on my belly.

No I don't really . . . what would you call it?
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:08:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
No homo.

He may have tried one too many Crazy Ivan's.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:08:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well it's not like he just stripped down to flash them.  He opted for the pat-down knowing full well that he'd be shirtless.

So yes, he was trying to stick it to them, but his method was not illegal.
It sounds more like they got their panties in a bunch over it and wanted to put him in his place for it.

If that's the plan it'd be better off getting a quality tattoo.  Hell might even be able to fit the whole 4A that way.

Pp

O wait never mind.  I like that shirt.

You don't take your clothes off for the pat down if you opt out of the X-ray.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:10:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good on him.

Pretty sad when the constitution "provokes" government agents into arresting you.  

The 4th isn't what provoked them.
Stripping down to his skivvies is what provoked them.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:10:39 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
http://cargocollective.com/4thamendment
Found the store that sells those things.

hmmm.  looks like they do underwear too. and socks.  i love crazy socks.

SWEET!
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:10:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Thats fucking awesome!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:11:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Facist element"?

If I had thought of this, I would have had room to write the whole Bill of Rights on my belly.

No I don't really . . . what would you call it?

Exactly, The ONLY thing over the top is TSA..IMO, they are a facist element that wants everyone to adhere to their "RULES" , the constitution be damned

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:12:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haven't they gotten to the forth for tp use yet?

Wiped their collective asses with the rest of it already.

Does anyone think any good will come of any of this?

Yes - it will deter TSA and airport police from being overbearing shitheads in the future. Which is the main purpose of the lawsuit.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:13:36 AM EDT
[#40]
The 4th was shredded long ago in the war on drugs.

FTA, the kid was detained for disrobing, not for having the text inked on him.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:14:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No homo.

He may have tried one too many Crazy Ivan's.

Thtop it, you guyth.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:14:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Facist element"?

"Fascist" may not be a perfectly accurate description of government agents who detain citizens with no grounds to believe that the citizens have broken or are about to break any law, but it's close enough. I personally prefer "unemployed" and/or "corpse."

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:15:09 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good on him.

Bullshit.

His message is what provoked them. A man in shorts isn't breaking any public decency laws. And people who wear blue undies aren't routinely questioned about terrorist links.

The fact they did not arrest him for anything only goes to show that this 90-minute detainment was nothing more than an attempt to punish and intimidate him.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:15:24 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

"while under interrogation on December 30, the authorities wanted to know "about his affiliation with, or knowledge of, any terrorist organizations"

there are not enough of these in the universe to express how screwed up the TSA/Feds are

what if he had a copy of the Constitution on him as well?

They would have sent him to Gitmo.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:16:44 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The 4th was shredded long ago in the war on drugs.

FTA, the kid was detained for disrobing, not for having the text inked on him.

What is the legal meaning or effect of disrobing?
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:19:19 AM EDT
[#46]
I can see how that's disorderly conduct.  90 minutes is about right.

Good for the kid though.  A little social disobedience is a good thing.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:20:13 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I call 'em like I see 'em.  The 4th Amendment no entitles you to a 90 minute handcuffed detention - yeah - that the kinda shit that made this country great . . .

Garbage . . . . mmmkay

And they'll keep doing it until enough people stand up for what's right.  Like this kid.  I guess I 'm just a glass half full kind of guy.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:20:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bullshit.
His message is what provoked them. A man in shorts isn't breaking any public decency laws. And people who wear blue undies aren't routinely questioned about terrorist links.
The fact they did not arrest him for anything only goes to show that this 90-minute detainment was nothing more than an attempt to punish and intimidate him.

I think the kid did a great thing.

That being said his actions, stripping down in the security line for a patdown, would have gotten him the same treatment regardless of what was on his chest.

It certainly was about intimidation, punishment, and an attempt to prevent furutre copy-cats.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:20:46 AM EDT
[#49]
I read the article and it was not clear on one point:

Was he ordered to take his shirt off?

Or did he take it upon himself to remove it?
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:21:46 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I read the article and it was not clear on one point:

Was he ordered to take his shirt off?
Or did he take it upon himself to remove it?

He did it on his own.

I think there is video... wait one...

Video and pictures here: link
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top