Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 5/2/2002 3:25:43 PM EDT
Why hasn't it happened yet? I know what is holding Israel back. -World Opinion -The US and George Bush -Many In Israel who fear being no better than nazis -Israel "could" bite off more than they can chew As a result Israel is fighting a "mostly" defensive "limited" war. But what of the Arab States? Especially the radicals Iran, Iraq, Syria, etc. Why haven't the Arabs united to destroy the country they hate so much? What is preventing the situation from escalating? It would appear they are willing to give lipservice to the Palestinian cause but won't fight for it. Given that the situation is religious in nature I cannot understandy why a "Arab Expiditionary Force" is not in Palestine fighting their number one enemy.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 3:33:29 PM EDT
How about because every time they fuck with the israelis they get their asses handed to them? Or maybe the estimated four hundred tactical nukes the israelis have?
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 3:37:51 PM EDT
Does Israel have the same NBC restrictions as the US? IE, can only use as a response to a NBC attack.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 3:41:59 PM EDT
There is no such NBC restriction here in the U.S. or Israel. The most likely scenario for an Israeli nuke response would be a chemical scud attack from Iraq after we attack them. Then all bets are off and goodbye mid east.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 3:42:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 3:47:09 PM EDT
Originally Posted By taliboom: There is no such NBC restriction here in the U.S. or Israel. The most likely scenario for an Israeli nuke response would be a chemical scud attack from Iraq after we attack them. Then all bets are off and goodbye mid east.
View Quote
Tailboom that is so untrue I don't know where to begin. The US has severe restrictions on when and if the use of NBC weapons is allowable. Basically we cannot use any until we have been attacked by the same. I thought this was pretty common knowledge.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 3:54:15 PM EDT
erm Styeraug- Actually we have a policy of 'no first use', but it is just that a policy, it could change at any time.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 4:10:26 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Silence: erm Styeraug- Actually we have a policy of 'no first use', but it is just that a policy, it could change at any time.
View Quote
Actually, I know of no such 'first use policy'. Think about this for a moment. There's a dozen incoming from North Korea. Do we wait until the first few have landed to make sure we've suffered a nuclear attack before launching a retaliatory strike ?
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 4:21:15 PM EDT
There's no such thing as a "restriction", regarding weapons. Yes, we have policy, but that's just talk and paper. Who knows about the Israelis? Do you guys think that weapons treaties will keep us safe, too?
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 4:21:57 PM EDT
Steyraug, Common knowledge to those that don't have any knowledge of U.S. policy regarding NBC. We will always use whatever is necessary to pre-empt an NBC attack. There are multiple scenarios where the U.S. would employ nuclear weapons prior to being attacked with the same.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 4:35:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/2/2002 4:35:49 PM EDT by paper]
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus: There's no such thing as a "restriction", regarding weapons. Yes, we have policy, but that's just talk and paper.
What do I have to do with mid-east policy? Paper
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 4:55:28 PM EDT
That's easy to answer. Isreal will wipe them off the face of the earth if they attack Isreal and all the arab countries know this. After spending lots of time in arab countries, they are all basically a bunch of cowards and can not stand up to a slugging fest. They must rely on suicied attacks and other cowerdly forms of attack. Isreal does not want to wage total war, they just want to live in peace and see what they are doing as a method to stop the arab violence. If the other arab countries were to attack Isreal without a doubt Isreal would drop the big bombs on them. Don't think they are not wagging full out war due to world/America opnion/pressure, they are doing what they feel is best for there country.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 5:24:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/2/2002 5:27:10 PM EDT by SteyrAUG]
Originally Posted By 5subslr5: Actually, I know of no such 'first use policy'. Think about this for a moment. There's a dozen incoming from North Korea. Do we wait until the first few have landed to make sure we've suffered a nuclear attack before launching a retaliatory strike ?
View Quote
A dozen, or even one "incoming" would constitute a first strike. We would be free to respond upon detection. Current US policy is we will not initiate a nuclear first strike. Whether we abide by that policy is another matter. We frequently go by the book. And IIRC, George Bush Sr. permanantly banned the use of chem., and possibly biological, weapons under any circumstance back in 1990.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 5:32:09 PM EDT
Originally Posted By paper:
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus: There's no such thing as a "restriction", regarding weapons. Yes, we have policy, but that's just talk and paper.
What do I have to do with mid-east policy? Paper
View Quote
Paper, I see your in cali... are your edges rounded so you cant be used to paper cut someone as state law now requires[;)]
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 5:45:01 PM EDT
Back to the original topic... To have the Arabs unite would be to have them put aside thousands of years of bickering, killing, and hatred -- and that's just among each other! Those countries that have attempted to unite, under the banner of a common hatred of Israel, have had their butts kicked big-time. (Uniting because of shared hatred is pretty much a ticket to a bigger loss). Some day the oil will run out in the Middle East, or Russia will get her fields pumping. When that day comes, nobody will give a rat's ass what happens there anymore. I suspect only Israel, Egypt and Jordan will survive the change, and I'm not so sure about the last two. PS: The above scenario is exactly why I'd rather not drill for oil here. I'd rather use up all the Middle Eastern oil first!!
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 6:55:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/2/2002 6:55:41 PM EDT by Benjamin0001]
Some day the oil will run out in the Middle East, or Russia will get her fields pumping. When that day comes, nobody will give a rat's ass what happens there anymore. I suspect only Israel, Egypt and Jordan will survive the change, and I'm not so sure about the last two.
View Quote
I came to that conclusion last night myself. That is right on!! As soon as the oil is gone (50 years) then those nations will drift back into the stone age. Ben
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 7:11:16 PM EDT
Originally Posted By AlphaBobRI: Some day the oil will run out in the Middle East, or Russia will get her fields pumping. When that day comes, nobody will give a rat's ass what happens there anymore. I suspect only Israel, Egypt and Jordan will survive the change, and I'm not so sure about the last two.
View Quote
Once Canada uses its Tar Sands we have more oil then all of the middle east. Also it doesnt matter how much oil is pumped out, oil prices are standardized around the world so even if the USA has lots of oil, if prices go up for lets say China, they go up everywhere. The reason why they dont attack Israel? The USA, big brother in the shadows, even if they could beat them, the USA would have to respond to the situation due to "public unrest". The Israel propaganda machine will not let them just die. And look at the list of companies that are funding Israel, they can buy people in the senate a million times over and throw the USA in there. Not only for the sake of keeping international markets thriving. On top of all that, the Arabs have not put eneugh money towards tanks and missile technology, not to mention the USA will not allow them to, so they can never hope to beat the technological block keeping their militaries out of the battle feild of tomorow. There only hope is to distabalize Israel with terrorist bombers.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 7:12:12 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Benjamin0001:
Some day the oil will run out in the Middle East, or Russia will get her fields pumping. When that day comes, nobody will give a rat's ass what happens there anymore. I suspect only Israel, Egypt and Jordan will survive the change, and I'm not so sure about the last two.
View Quote
I came to that conclusion last night myself. That is right on!! As soon as the oil is gone (50 years) then those nations will drift back into the stone age. Ben
View Quote
Now THAT is an interesting perspective. What about new fuel source other than fossil fuel. I would think that would destroy the middle east.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 7:19:10 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Shrike9: Isreal does not want to wage total war, they just want to live in peace ........
View Quote
Israel cannot AFFORD peace. If peace were to come there would be no more $5 BILLION per year of U.S. taxpayer money flowing to them each and every year. Israel is a country that cannot support its' self without the billions in aid and the billions in loans designed to never be repaid. Peace ? Not affordable.
Top Top