Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2001 1:20:52 PM EDT
If you want to buy Tool tickets before they go on sale use the passwords below.  I did this when I bought my tickets in Minneapolis and got great seats.  Thought I would pass this along.  I have put the passwords in bold type.
---------------------------------------

Another special offer from TOOLBAND.COM
Once again we are proud to announce that advanced tickets are going on sale THIS WEEK for the following shows: DATE   CITY, STATE VENUE PRESALE TIME PASSWORD
09 OCT   Ft Lauderdale, FL National Car Rental Center THUR 12pm   [b]triad [/b]
10 OCT   Tampa, FL Sundome THUR 12pm  [b]pushit[/b]
11 OCT   Orlando, FL TD Waterhouse Arena THUR 12pm   [b]eulogy[/b]
15 OCT   Memphis, TN Mid South Coliseum THUR 12pm [b]toolband[/b]

All times are local. To get tickets, go to the secret entrance at [url]http://www.toolband.com/tour/ticketsouth/[/url]
Tickets sell out quickly, so come early and prepared. Since this is an invitation-only pre-sale, you will need the password in this email to purchase tickets. Pre-sale tickets are available through ticketmaster online only, and you need a major credit-card to purchase them.

Link Posted: 9/5/2001 6:22:22 PM EDT
[#1]
How were they?  #1 band in America!
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 4:48:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't know.  The concert is actually tonight.  I will give a review tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 4:57:17 AM EDT
[#3]
A little late for Friday's show in Madison...  But thanks anyway.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 5:05:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Why would you want to give money to a bunch of gun-grabbers? You might as well go see U2- same politics....

If TOOL are not anti-gun, prove it, and I will take it back.

To paraphrase Mark Twain: Suppose I am a rock musician; suppose I am anti-gun (but I repeat myself).
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 5:06:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Already have my tickets for the show 11th in Grand Rapids, MI.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 8:30:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Admittedly not being too in tune with the band's politics - why are they gun grabbers?

Is it one of those [i]if theys ain't fer us, then theys agin us[/i] type deals?

Also, what's acceptable proof of not being anti-gun?  NRA card?  AR15.COM membership?  
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 10:54:47 AM EDT
[#7]
95thfoot in your mouth,

So tell that to Ted Nugent.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 11:01:20 AM EDT
[#8]
I just got in on the pre-sale with the password that was emailed to me, and got 2 GREAT seats.

I've seen [b]TOOL[/b] twice so far, each time I had to pick my jaw off the ground after the show. If there's any band out there now that stands a chance of legendary status down the road, it's definately [b]TOOL[/b].
[img]toolshed.down.net/pix/shirtopiate.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 11:57:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
95thfoot in your mouth,

So tell that to Ted Nugent.
View Quote

I think the foot is inserted in another part of your anatomy. I hope you are comfortable with that.

Ted Nugent: A great exception that proves the rule. I only wish there were more like him. BTW he is not the stadium-filler he once was. Who, among top-selling acts and musicians in rock, has replaced him as spokesman or public contributor to the pro-RKBA cause?

Again, I merely asked, is TOOL a group that gives to our side, helps it out, or does it give to organisations such as Amnesty International or the Sierra Club or the NAACP or such organisations that allot money to anti-gun groups?

Are they like Marilyn Manson, who loves to exhibit violence in his music, but decries the "gun lobby" for so-called real violence? No, I do not advocate censorship at all, but I also detest hypocrisy.

Chances are, if they are a rock band, they are not pro-RKBA. Conversely, can anyone think of country artists that are anti-gun? That thought should keep things in perspective.

I have no interest in patronising nor giving money to people who are interested in robbing me of my freedom, no matter what their motives are. It might not matter as much to you, but it does to me.

Rock on, comrades.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 12:04:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Conversely, can anyone think of country artists that are anti-gun? That thought should keep things in perspective.

Rock on, comrades.
View Quote

My only problem with what you've said, is that country music f#ckin' sucks....that's all.

Kudos to them if they promote the RKBA....that I think is great. As for listening to country music, that's my predetermined eternity when I'm sent hell. They have a special room, playing nothing but country....no doubt I'll be sent there.

P.S.-I'm an atheist, so all that scarey "hell" stuff was for entertainment purposes only. My hell is here on Earth, any place I'm forced to stomach country music, so that'll have to do.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 12:08:42 PM EDT
[#11]
P.S.- Here's some lyrics to a favorite [b]TOOL[/b] song.....you tell me how they feel.

[center][b][red][u]Jerk-Off[/u][/red][/b]

Someone told me once
that there's a right and wrong,
and that punishment
would come to those
who dare to cross the line.

But it must not be true
for jerk-offs like you.
Maybe it takes longer to catch a total asshole.
but I'm tired of waiting.
Maybe it's just bullshit and I should play GOD,
and shoot you myself.
Because I'm tired of waiting.

Consequences dictate
our course of action
and it doesn't matter what's right.
It's only wrong if you get caught.
If consequences dictate
my course of action
I should play GOD
and shoot you myself.
I'm very tired of waiting.

I should
kick you,
beat you,
f@ck you,
and then shoot you in your f@cking head.[/center]

And please spare me the boo hooing about giving the anti's the wrong impression about us taking matters in to our own hands. It's a song, not a mandate or some silly-ass call to vigilantyism. It's just a song.

And remember, songs and words don't kill people......dumbass people do.

Link Posted: 9/6/2001 12:20:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
P.S.- Here's some lyrics to a favorite [b]TOOL[/b] song.....you tell me how they feel.
-----------------------------------

[center][b][red][u]Jerk-Off[/u][/red][/b]

Someone told me once
that there's a right and wrong,
and that punishment
would come to those
who dare to cross the line.

But it must not be true
for jerk-offs like you.
Maybe it takes longer to catch a total asshole.
but I'm tired of waiting.
Maybe it's just bullshit and I should play GOD,
and shoot you myself.
Because I'm tired of waiting.

Consequences dictate
our course of action
and it doesn't matter what's right.
It's only wrong if you get caught.
If consequences dictate
my course of action
I should play GOD
and shoot you myself.
I'm very tired of waiting.

I should
kick you,
beat you,
f@ck you,
and then shoot you in your f@cking head.[/center]

View Quote

Is this the BATF's theme song?

All I have to work with here is the text, no interviews or publicity from the band, who, admittedly, have not been active at all for years until recently.

And of course, if the interviews and such from the band contradict the music, I'd wonder just what it was they were trying to get across for a message- they sure aren't Britney or N'SYNC with message-less music, that's for sure.

Sounds like Kleboldian logic at work here. The punishment is justified if the writer or subject of the song thinks it is. "I am offended, therefore I have the right to off the offender." Situational ethics? Sure sounds like it. Vigilantiism? Mmm- could be.

Nothing new here- sounds like teen angst ratcheted up a few notches since the 1970s. But... people still buy it anyway. Oh, well- they fell for Alice Cooper, now they fall for Tool, Marilyn and Rage Against The Machine.....
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 12:24:53 PM EDT
[#13]
95thfoot...
This is simply a matter of you guessing about a subject you have no knowledge of or interest in. Why don't you save the commentary for subjects you're actually aware of.

Lumping TOOL in to the same catagory as the other bands you mentioned shows you really haven't a clue.

Facts remain facts whether or not you choose to accept them.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 12:27:30 PM EDT
[#14]
"shoot you in your focking head" sounds pretty damn pro-gun to me!  Glad to see that's all cleared up!

I agree with M4; country music is worse than listening to babies cry.

But as far as gun toting rock and rollers go, don't forget Kid Rock, Blues Traveler, and the punk band Murphy's Law (to name just a few)as progenators of the RKBA.  And that's just the rock side of things - what about Ice-T?  What answer do you think he'd give if he was asked what the real purpose of the 2A is?

Link Posted: 9/6/2001 12:29:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Conversely, can anyone think of country artists that are anti-gun? That thought should keep things in perspective.

Rock on, comrades.

My only problem with what you've said, is that country music f#ckin' sucks....that's all..
View Quote

Yeah, I agree with that- I'm not a big modern country fan either, but not all of it's bad. I prefer rock to listen to, but I like C&W politics better, at least when it comes to guns- after all, guns are why we are at this forum, no?

Kudos to them if they promote the RKBA....that I think is great. As for listening to country music, that's my predetermined eternity when I'm sent hell. They have a special room, playing nothing but country....no doubt I'll be sent there..
View Quote

LOL!!! "Stand By Your Man" playing on the celestial jukebox.....still, I'll gladly give up music I like  for freedom, any day.

P.S.-I'm an atheist, so all that scarey "hell" stuff was for entertainment purposes only. My hell is here on Earth, any place I'm forced to stomach country music, so that'll have to do.
View Quote

I've often thought that only people who believe in God could believe in hell and therefore find hell frightening. If you don't believe in it, where's the fright and entertainment angle to it, then? (As for belief, I'm a lapsed Congregationalist, myself- the church got TOOOO liberal for me.)
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 12:41:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Choices always were a problem for you.
What you need is someone strong to guide you.
Deaf and blind and dumb and born to follow,
what you need is someone strong to use you...
like me.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 12:45:45 PM EDT
[#17]
I became a tool fan when I saw the lyrics to aenema. I always like the music, though:
[center]Some say the end is near.
Some say we'll see armageddon soon.
I certainly hope we will.
I sure could use a vacation from this

Bullshit three ring circus sideshow of
Freaks

Here in this hopeless f*$(@&g hole we call LA
The only way to fix it is to flush it all away.
Any f*$(@&g time. Any f*$(@&g day.
Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay.

Fret for your figure and
Fret for your latte and
Fret for your hairpiece and
Fret for your lawsuit and
Fret for your prozac and
Fret for your pilot and
Fret for your contract and
Fret for your car.

It's a
Bullshit three ring circus sideshow of
Freaks

Here in this hopeless f*$(@&g hole we call LA
The only way to fix it is to flush it all away.
Any f*$(@&g time. Any f*$(@&g g day.
Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay.

Some say a comet will fall from the sky.
Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves.
Followed by faultlines that cannot sit still.
Followed by millions of dumbfounded dipshits.

Some say the end is near.
Some say we'll see armageddon soon.
I certainly hope we will cuz
I sure could use a vacation from this

Silly shit, stupid shit...

One great big festering neon distraction,
I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied.

Learn to swim.

Mom's gonna fix it all soon.
Mom's comin' round to put it back the way it ought to be.

Learn to swim.

F&#* L Ron Hubbard and
F&#* all his clones.
F&#* all those gun-toting
Hip gangster wannabes.

Learn to swim.

F&#* retro anything.
F&#* your tattoos.
F&#* all you junkies and
F&#* your short memory.

Learn to swim.

F%#@ smiley glad-hands
With hidden agendas.
F#%@ these dysfunctional,
Insecure actresses.

Learn to swim.

Cuz I'm praying for rain
And I'm praying for tidal waves
I wanna see the ground give way.
I wanna watch it all go down.
Mom please flush it all away.
I wanna watch it go right in and down.
I wanna watch it go right in.
Watch you flush it all away.

Time to bring it down again.
Don't just call me pessimist.
Try and read between the lines.

I can't imagine why you wouldn't
Welcome any change, my friend.

I wanna see it all come down.
suck it down.
flush it down.

Link Posted: 9/6/2001 12:46:51 PM EDT
[#18]
And the only gun reference I see in this song is about gangbangers. How can you dislike a band that wants LA to slip into the ocean????
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 1:27:53 PM EDT
[#19]
"How can you dislike a band that wants LA to slip into the ocean???? "

My point exactly - a stronger pro-gun statement I've never heard.

Does anyone have any proof that these guys have made any contributions to the National Communist Party or are they just trying to show how they're not any fun at parties?

BTW, I've always thought the song 'Stinkfist' made a pretty strong anti-crime statement in a "Scared Straight" kind of sense.  Sort of in the same way that the HBO show "Oz" utterly terrifies me.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 1:44:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I became a tool fan when I saw the lyrics to aenema. I always like the music, though:
View Quote

I've been a Tool fan since I saw the video for 'sober' back in 1993.  But Aenema is by far my favorite song.  I think I was playing it non-stop during new years eve 1999.

[center]
Cuz I'm praying for rain
And I'm praying for tidal waves
I wanna see the ground give way.
I wanna watch it all go down.
Mom please flush it all away.
I wanna watch it go right in and down.
I wanna watch it go right in.
Watch you flush it all away.
View Quote

I love that whole calm of the storm moment where it breaks into that part.  It makes me happy.  Kinda like the end of the world and you've got a front row seat with warm popcorn. [:D]

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 1:59:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Crap, the pre-sell doesn't cover Houston, which is Oct. 27th.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 4:23:19 PM EDT
[#22]
seeing them at MSG, Tool kicks A$$!

[dracula]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 4:38:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Tool is the best band ever to grace the face of this Earth.  If you are not familiar with Tool, go to your favorite file-sharing program and download a song called "46&2."  If you like it, buy their record called "Aenima."  It is a masterpeice.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 5:33:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Lyrically interesting, musically numbing.  They aren't as good as everyone thinks they are.  Of course the ultimate is to see them live and I haven't seen that.  And probably won't.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 5:58:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Tool rocks!!! The only thing I hate is that they are playing here in Charlotte the same date that I will be in Knob Creek. Oh well, I'll have to catch them some other time.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 6:16:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 6:33:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Tool is kick butt. Started listening to them in college, perfect circle was not that good, but I haven't listen in a while. One of the few musicians that I have found that rocks and relaxes. [rant mode] They were defiantly grounding for me when I was engaged to a (no offence meant) Jesus freak woman who got pissed when I listened to Tori Amos. I was scared to bring in some of the books that I was reading at the time in to the house. [/rant mode]
I would love to see them come up to Boston sometime, I have a copy of a live version of Pushit on mp3, great to kick back to w/ the headphones.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 7:06:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Great band.  I've got my tickets for this Saturday night at Deercreak just outside Indianapolis.

Tool does make an appearance in one of their video's.  Or at least I think its them.  The song name is "Hush" of their first album "Opiate" which was released in 1992.  

I have all 5 of the CDs the DVD, and the "A Perfect Circle" CD. In my opinion I have heard nothing from them that would give me an indication of their firearms policies.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top