Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/4/2012 6:53:30 PM EDT
I am on a Tmobile Blackberry plan with a Blackberry 9700. Can I buy a unlocked Droid on Ebay and switch the SIM? Will I get 4G with my current BB plan on the Droid phone? Tmobile wants $600 for a new phone, Ebay has them for around $200.

(I am into month 13 of the 24 month contract.)

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 7:00:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe the BB plan will be pretty useless on a droid or iphone, does Tmo not allow you to adjust plans while under contract?
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 7:44:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I believe the BB plan will be pretty useless on a droid or iphone, does Tmo not allow you to adjust plans while under contract?

I went to their retail store and they weren't too helpful in explaining things to me, they wanted a $100 migration fee to get me off the plan I am on. That was if I bought the $600 phone from them, $199 now and $20 payment plan for 20 months or $199 now and raise my plan $20/month with a 24 month extension. Huh? (Plus I'd have to pay extra for a web plan.)

I kept asking about the $49/month unlimited talk, unlimited text and unlimited web that they advertise and because I am a loyal customer on a loyalty plan I am not eligible for some reason. I'm paying about $90 plus tax for a BB plan with unlimited talk, unlimited text and unlimited web to 5gig of 3G and throttle to 2G overage.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top