Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2001 10:20:44 PM EDT
[URL]WWW.TOMKNAPP.NET[/URL]

"You Have To See It To Believe It!"

As one journalist said after seeing one of Tom Knapp's live performances.

When Tom was just a boy with a .BB gun, he was astounding his friends and relatives as he used a natural ability and an unusual understanding for the sport of target shooting!  His passion for shooting and hunting turned into an obsession somewhere down the line, which eventually put Tom right where he wanted to be, shooting as a professional!

The nucleus of Tom's show is based on the "old time" exhibition shooter format that was so prevalent from the "Annie Oakley" era through the late 1950's.  Tom's Idol, Herb Parsons, who shot for "Winchester--Western" in the '30's--'40's & '50's, was an inspiration for Tom to carry his dream of becoming a professional shooter until it became a reality. Find out more about Herb Parsons on 'Tom's Favorite Links' page.

Today, Tom Knapp combines the general format of yesterday, "with his tried and tested for safety," routines of today.

During one of Tom's performances you might see things that are difficult to understand, like throwing multiple clay targets in the air with one hand and then taking control of his Benelli shotgun and firing it from behind his back and below his belt and smoking every target!  Or how about his World record where he launches "9" clays in the air with one hand, and then before you can count the targets in flight, Tom crushes each one with a separate shot from his Benelli, all within 2 seconds!  Like the man said, you have to see it to believe it!

In addition to the Benelli side of the show table, Tom also has a .22 rifle show.  He uses older rifles that are no longer being manufactured and when the show site has the appropriate background distance, Tom Knapp puts on another unbelievable show!  He'll start by throwing  "easy to hit" objects into the air, like potatoes, apples, and oranges.  When the bullet from his .22 rifle meets the center of them, it produces a fantastic display!  Then he works down in size, throwing charcoal briquettes, small wooden blocks, and even billiard chalk cubes that are less than 1 inch across!  The whole time he is talking and telling the audience what to expect.  If Tom should happen to nick the object on the side, or on rare accounts miss it completely, he'll tell you that "it gets boring if you hit every target that you shoot at."  The Grand finale of his rifle routine is where he throws aspirin tablets in the air and at a distance of about 15 or 20 feet, he turns the tablet into a cloud of white dust that is as big as a grapefruit!

Tom will insert messages about "Safety, Responsibility, and Good Sportsmanship" to the audiences and address's extreme caution to anyone that would like to test their ability with this particular kind of exhibition shooting.  He states that professional guidance is a must, and that "gun play" or "goofing around" is NOT the way to experiment with this art.

Link Posted: 8/12/2001 10:27:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Yup!
He's one of the Best.
ask Jim Scouten
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 10:51:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I have seen this guy shoot asprin before.  Absolutely unbelievable!!!!!!!!

sgtar15
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 10:55:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I would really like to see the show in person.
I guess I will have to get the videos.
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 1:33:47 PM EDT
[#4]
We play his video on our Benelli exhibition day every year and when we go on our Wilderness show every 2 years, try listening "With my BENELLI shotgun" for 3 days and you are sick of it. [:)]

Some dang fine shooting though..
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 3:26:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 3:50:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I just saw Tom Knapp shoot on July 14th, it was a great show. He autographed my Benelli for me. I'd travel quite a ways to see him again.

Fred
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 6:47:45 PM EDT
[#7]
[blue][SIZE=5][B]IS IT NECESSARY TO MAKE ALL OF YOUR
POST HEADLINES IN BOLD ALL CAPITALS?

IS THE END OF THE WORLD COMING OR ARE
YOU JUST CRAVING ATTENTION AGAIN?[/blue][/SIZE=5][/b]

[red][size=3][b]
HELL0? HELLO? HELLO?
[img]a139.g.akamaitech.net/7/139/622/10003904243026/abcnews.go.com/media/Entertainment/images/ap_anne_robinson_010419_w.jpg[/img]
JOHNNY W. KING,
*YOU* ARE THE WEAKEST LINK!
[/size=3]
[size=5]
GOODBYE ! [/B][/size=5][/red]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top