Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2003 7:23:14 PM EDT
I hate to say it, but there may be something here that indicates that there is a lot more than just a threat.

www.homelandsecurityus.com

For God's sake, be smart and go through your check list. Advise your immediate family what to do, specially if you are not home. My 2 cents.

PS. For those new to preparedness I recommend you check www.paultmartin.com
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 7:50:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know. Maybe. We have been through these before without anything happening.  But, that doesn't mean this alert doesn't have anything to it.

I guess all we can do is be prepared and wait.

[url]www.paulmartin.com[/url] is a great site.  I'd recommend it.

I wouldn't put much stock in the first URL though.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 8:06:18 PM EDT
[#2]

The general consensus seems to be that - in order to save face, stoke the Arab street and derail GWBush's chance of re-election - the MoslemMaggots MUST hit the US in a hard and spectacular strike in light of all the recent successes GW's had.

I don't like the looks of this.

My crystal ball predicts a 99% chance of a spectacular terrorist strike inside the US if not very soon, certainly by next summer.

Link Posted: 12/21/2003 9:07:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Does anyone think the Islamofascists will try to commandeer passenger airlines again?  Unless they find a plane full of handicapped, unarmed blobs of jello, there is no chance of a repeat of 9-11.

Now cargo airlines are a differnet story.  Remember the story of the guy shipping himself via air cargo?  I'm sure TSA has thought of this but what has been done in cargo shipments?

All hazmat drivers have been required to undergo a full background check.  I wonder if these drivers are now packing?  
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 9:19:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
All hazmat drivers have been required to undergo a full background check.
View Quote
Two words:  Hasan Akbar.

Link Posted: 12/21/2003 9:21:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 9:34:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I think the only thing that is gonna happen is Christmas and Hannakah.
View Quote
You forgot Kwanzaa.

Link Posted: 12/21/2003 9:39:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 9:57:26 PM EDT
[#8]
[wave] Yah I belive I'll go to bed.

Kwanzaa is on the 26th of DEC, and the same day as Boxing Day

Link Posted: 12/21/2003 9:59:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I thought boxing day was Canuk?
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 10:02:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 10:04:52 PM EDT
[#11]
As I travel back to Texas for the holidays, I will be packing the same hardware that I always have.
1 M-4gery, 2 pistols, 1 shotgun, enough ammo to survive a siege, and various other essentials.
Used to be my family thought I paranoid.
Since 9-11, they can't wait to see what toys I brought to play with.
I am now the unofficial family armorer.
Damn shame it takes a direct assault to wake people up.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 10:52:12 PM EDT
[#12]
The law enforcement and intelligence types are apparently getting a lot of indications. That may be either the result of something being planned, or an attempt by al Qaeda to game the system by generating false positive traffic. The Germans launched a series of raids recently, which is interesting. They were apparently trying to pre-empt something that they didn't have a good picture of. That means they regarded the indications as serious enough to burn their in-progress investigations in exchange for the chance that they would scoop up someone planning the unknown operation.

They're probably planning something. They've got to pull something off or lose credibility. They tried to bomb something--apparently LA Airport--over new years in 2000. I'm not convinced we got the full story on that. The real target may have been something else entirely and they simply mentioned the LA airport as a cover story. They tend to keep trying the same things over and over and on significant dates. So the guess would be multiple, coordinated attacks aimed at causing mass casualties, maybe in the US and UK at the same time.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 11:42:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 11:56:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Nice huh? The TSA is laying onn 3000 people because there isn't enough money to keep them, but we can spend billions in other countries. We can also guard their borders, but can't (more like [u]won't[/u]) cover our own!

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for us going and kicking some ass, but we need to watch our OWN six in the meantime!
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 5:27:05 AM EDT
[#15]
TERROR ALERT RAISED Do you think something will happen?

Absolutely!
9/11 was just the opening salvo in a war that has new rules, new battlefields, and new classes of combatants.
With Christmas (a major holiday for the "Great Satan") now here, the imperative will be for an act of retaliation for the capture of SH and the increasing efficacy of the US and British presence in Iraq.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 5:29:12 AM EDT
[#16]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=12872[/img]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 5:33:49 AM EDT
[#17]
[img]http://www.alyon.org/generale/theatre/cinema/affiches_cinema/c/cap-chr/chicken_little.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 5:33:58 AM EDT
[#18]
I hate to say but I think a certain party on New years eve might crashed.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 5:57:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
All hazmat drivers have been required to undergo a full background check.
View Quote
Two words:  Hasan Akbar.

View Quote

I've been in the Army and unless they just started 100% TS security clearances for all NCO's, its easier to be in the Army than hauling gasoline.  Plus the hiring process for hazmat drivers is a little more selective than the US Army recruiter.  

Did anyone hear about the Iraqi national who became a US citizen shortly after GWI who joined the USMC and fought in OIF? His reasons for fighting were personal.  Very personal and his fellow Marines never questioned his loyalty.  The ones to watch are those that convert to Islam.  Like John Allen Mohammed.  Mike Tyson.  Michael Jackson.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 6:05:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Crap, don't say that.  The little lady and I and about 12 friends are headed to New York city on the 30th. to visit a friend that moved there and party it up in... TIME SQUARE!  My wife is more than a little uneasy at the moment so I'm trying to calm her fears of flying during this time, and being in the heart of where the terrorists would be likely to strike.  You can bet that my racial profiling goggles will be set to the "on" position starting at the airport.
I'm betting against anything happening, but I'd say it's about 80% unlikely.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:26:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Velocity, don't worry about flying.  I think most people have heard about flight 592 and are not going to comply with any hijacker's demands.  This plus the little effort given to disarming potential hijackers goes a long way to discourage this mode of terror.

But now Times Square in NYC would be a good target on New Year's Eve IF no preparations for security were in place.  The more likely scene is for multiple attacks on a much smaller scale, all around the US on New Year's Eve.  While Times Square would be a tempting target, you have to look at INTENT of the hijackers.  What do I mean by intent?

What did the 9-11 actors target?  World Trade center.  World Trade.  The economic might of the United States.  And The Pentagon.  The military might of the United States.  And possibly the Congress or the Executive Office with flight 593 but we will never know.

They didn't attack the UN or the Smithsonian or Rockefeller Center.  They pick targets carefully (except for the doper Richard Reid who was the Al Quaeda mush mouth) and with intended message.  Hitting revelers on New Year's Eve has no meaning other than terror and would just further cement the hunt for Islamofascists.  And definitely secure the second term of President George W. Bush who has been instrumental in hunting terrorists and the regimes who sponsor terror.

Now Religious services are a completely different story.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 8:01:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Crap, don't say that.  The little lady and I and about 12 friends are headed to New York city on the 30th. to visit a friend that moved there and party it up in... TIME SQUARE!  My wife is more than a little uneasy at the moment so I'm trying to calm her fears of flying during this time, and being in the heart of where the terrorists would be likely to strike.  You can bet that my racial profiling goggles will be set to the "on" position starting at the airport.
View Quote

Try to get in touch with Wave, he'll probably be working Times Square, you will have an "armed" friend around.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 8:10:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 8:13:43 AM EDT
[#24]
I can't say if something will happen or not but I do know that the government is riding this "terrorist" crap for all that it's worth. They did the same thing with the "Cold War" in the 50's and 60's. They used the "Communist threat" to lend legitamacy to their spending Billions of dollars on things that we really didn't need. The C.C.C.P. would no more have attacked us then anyother country but the government played up the threat to cut contracts with business and industry in order to create jobs building things we'd never need let alone use. The government has used 9/11 as a means of taking away some of our freedoms thru the "Patriot Act" and will contuine to milk this "terrorist threat" for all that it's worth. I guess any excuse is a good one for the government to use to force it's control on the public. It's a sad time for America.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 8:14:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
[url]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=12872[/url]
View Quote

Orange Roughy?

Are you sure thats not a red herring?
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 8:14:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Actually, the crowd of 1,000,000 people you see on TV are comprised of 4 or 5 spectators. The rest are cops. [:)]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 8:34:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wouldn't worry about Times Square too much - NYC is absolutely swarming with all sorts of cops, national guard, feds, etc.  Probably the worst sort of biological attack you should fear on New Years in Times Square is someone yodeling oatmeal on your shoes.

That said, I'm bugging out tomorrow morning until a few days after amateur night.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 8:44:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Some safe assumptions about the terrorist strategy:

1)  Anything less than a full-blown kamikazi attack on national landmarks, filmed by television crews, will be considered anticlimatic and a sign of a weakened terrorist organization.  If the events of 09/11/01 are seen as the high water mark of domestic terrorist activity, then the war on terrorists is being won.  American policy didn't fold after 3,000 deaths on one day.

2)  A likely attack will involve multiple suicide bombings in crowded venues like sporting events that are guaranteed to have television cameras present.  This presents a problem for the terrorists because of the logistics and personnel involved; an even greater paper trail is left than when the boys flew the jets into the buildings.  It should be easier to find those who aided and abetted the terrorists.

3)  Syria and Iran better pray that there is nothing tying them to the next attack.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 8:49:41 AM EDT
[#29]
SNIP  Probably the worst sort of biological attack you should fear on New Years in Times Square is someone yodeling oatmeal on your shoes.

That said, I'm bugging out tomorrow morning until a few days after amateur night.
View Quote

Yodeling Oatmeal!!!I love that!
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 8:58:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yodeling Oatmeal!!!I love that!
View Quote

Yeah, but not on your shoes I hope. [:)]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 9:03:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Well after a good nights sleep I think I'll load up some test rounds with the A-TOR's I picked up.

Happy first day of winter, it's trying to snow here.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 9:18:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 9:37:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Dude, if you've never been to NYC you can't even imagine how many cops will be swarming the entire area: regular cops, ESU(SWAT), K9, Mounted unit(Horses), Highway(Harley Davidsons!), Aviation, Bomb Squad, undercovers, and Supervisors galore. That's not including any OUTSIDE agencies like the FBI, NYS Troopers, MTA, Port Authority PD, National Guardsmen.

I'd feel safe about being in NYC.
View Quote

I agree whole heartedly being a Jersey born across the Hudson....however, if a big BOOM goes off then you are shit out of luck...
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 9:37:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Wave, will you be on duty that night in TS?  Not that I'll see you or anything, I'll be the one sporting a hot 5'10" beauty on my left arm.  I'm sure I'll be the only one there with one...LOL!

I'm not too worried, but I'm trying to convince my wife that we really have nothing to worry about.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 9:46:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Does anyone remember the movie Black Sunday, where Bruce Dern was in cahoots with Middle Eastern terrorists, and planned to wreck havoc and destruction during a Super Bowl football game with a blimp packed full of explosives?

Typical BS from the entertainment industry:
"is the movie imitating life, or life imitating the movies?"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top