Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2002 6:39:13 PM EDT
Saw this tonight. THought it was pretty funny. I imagine it has been posted here before, but what the hell..

Bring a gun. Preferably, bring at least two.

Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.

Only hits count.

If your shooting stance is good you're probably not moving fast enough or using cover correctly.

Keep shooting until the threat no longer exists; then stay sharp until somebody with a badge tells you to freeze.

If you can choose what to bring to a gun fight, bring a long gun and a friend.

In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived.

If you are not shooting you should be reloading or running.

Accuracy is relative: most combat shooting standards will be more dependent on "pucker factor" than the inherent accuracy of the gun.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 6:56:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Good post!

Just a few "add-ons" of my own. Please feel free to contribute! [:D]

Quoted:
Saw this tonight. THought it was pretty funny. I imagine it has been posted here before, but what the hell..

Bring a gun. Preferably, bring at least two. -and a good knife.

Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. - don't stop shooting until the attacker stops attacking.

Only hits count. - unless it is "covering" fire.

If your shooting stance is good you're probably not moving fast enough or using cover correctly. - very, very true!

Keep shooting until the threat no longer exists; then stay sharp until somebody with a badge tells you to freeze.

If you can choose what to bring to a gun fight, bring a long gun and a friend. - and lots of ammo, and body armor.

In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived. - very true!

If you are not shooting you should be reloading or running. - or seeking cover.

Accuracy is relative: most combat shooting standards will be more dependent on "pucker factor" than the inherent accuracy of the gun. - yep, reliability is #1.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty. - hopefully, you should be slicing & dicing with your folder (pocket knife).

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 7:01:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the distraction.  B-O-G's posting are getting old.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 8:02:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I think maybe i'll shoot the other guy while he's readin all those rules.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 8:12:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I think maybe i'll shoot the other guy while he's readin all those rules.
View Quote

[:D][:D] I likes the way you be thinkin'.

Thanks for the advice aviator.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 8:14:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Heinlein's rule:

Get a shot off fast. This upsets him long enough to let you make your second shot perfect.  

Link Posted: 4/25/2002 8:32:37 PM EDT
[#6]
You can never have "too much" ammo.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 8:57:18 PM EDT
[#7]
When in doubt empty your magazine.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 9:12:50 PM EDT
[#8]
1) Squeeze the trigger repeatedly until the slide locks back or the gun goes click,

2) Reload

3) Repeat steps one and two until all threats are neutralized, or you are out of ammo/dead.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 1:04:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Incoming [b]always[/b] has the right-of-way.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 1:38:01 PM EDT
[#10]
If you must break contact, DO NOT just run away, but Zig-Zag from cover to cover.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 1:42:59 PM EDT
[#11]
How in the HELL can it be 10 rules of a gunfight if you guys keep adding rules?  How am I supposed to know which ones to know and which ones are the most important if you keep adding them?  WHAT is the deal?  Are there 10 rules of a gunfight or what? [pissed]
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 1:47:02 PM EDT
[#12]
The easiest way to win a gunfight is not to get in one.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 4:56:13 PM EDT
[#13]
I only have threee rules

1,Hit what you have to.
2,Dodge all bullets

3,And don't pee in my pants.... 'cus its nasty
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 5:03:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
View Quote

LMAO!

Good one, Aviator!
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 5:21:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top