Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 7/23/2014 6:37:53 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:41:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Does Syracuse normally cite the at fault driver on the scene of a wreck?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:48:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Police privilege.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:49:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Tell us where the Syracuse officer touched you, OP
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:50:20 AM EDT
[#4]
This is really a horrible job at creating a cop bashing thread.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:51:26 AM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

since when do "plain citizens" get locked up for accidents?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:53:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Apparently where OP is from having a minor accident is a crime.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:54:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Oh my. I've never heard of anyone getting locked up because of a minor accident.

OP, you just fail in life. Your signature fits you.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:55:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Officers are the only persons qualified on the road to drive while looking at a computer.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:57:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:57:54 AM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Locked up for a minor traffic accident?

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:59:20 AM EDT
[#11]
This is not going how OP intended.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:02:48 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Oh my. I've never heard of anyone getting locked up because of a minor accident.

View Quote

Let me Google one for you.  

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2014/04/police_make_arrest_following_c.html

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:06:45 AM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2014/04/police_make_arrest_following_c.html

They were arrested for possession of heroin after fleeing from the police.  

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2014/04/3_arrested_after_fleeing_polic.html

You really suck at cop bashing.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:07:52 AM EDT
[#14]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Following a crash involving a black four-door Nissan sedan, police arrested a person from inside the vehicle about 3:40 p.m. Tuesday.

Main Street in downtown Ann Arbor is closed at the intersection.

Canine units were observed searching the black Nissan after the accident.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and speculate that wasn't just about traffic laws.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:08:15 AM EDT
[#15]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude, just stop. Did you even read the article?

That was following a Police chase and the men were arrested for possession of heroin and one was a homicide suspect out of Detroit.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:10:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

That was following a Police chase and the men were arrested for possession of heroin and one was a homicide suspect out of Detroit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll step out on a limb and say, negative.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:13:26 AM EDT
[#17]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.

Just stop and give up on this thread.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:15:03 AM EDT
[#18]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:18:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:19:32 AM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

Easily one of the most retarded original posts I've seen.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:20:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:28:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:33:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:49:37 AM EDT
[#24]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:03:43 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

And the article doesn't say no one WILL be ticketed--there's no hurry.  Lame.  Just lame.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

OP needs to stop digging.  Your hole is deep enough.  

Yeah.

"Someone would have been ticketed" would have been accurate.  "Locked up" is retarded.

And the article doesn't say no one WILL be ticketed--there's no hurry.  Lame.  Just lame.

I know plenty of people with tickets.

None of them were ever issued after the fact.

Is that common?

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:07:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Does Syracuse normally cite the at fault driver on the scene of a wreck?
View Quote

Usually one party will get a ticket for whatever violation they made that caused the accident. This will in turn make that party liable, most of the time.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:07:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:07:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:12:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Is that common?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah.
"Someone would have been ticketed" would have been accurate.  "Locked up" is retarded.

Is that common?

Yes. When someone is indisposed, or fault is in question. If someone is in the hospital, jail or otherwise unable to be reached easily (by the officer conducting the crash investigation) at the time of the crash, of if the crash is investigated by a reconstructionist, they'll find people later and issue citations. Might not happen here, but it wouldn't be too abnormal.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:44:43 AM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

My department does not issue citations to either driver in police involved (non-serious injury crashes). If citations are issued for serious crashes, they are issued by THI investigators. And FYI, I don't issue citations on many of the minor crashes that I handle.

And....more than likely.....their will be an internal review of the crash by a review board that will decide fault and recommend a course of action....like an 8 hour driving course....all the way up to suspensions and termination depending on the officer's record.

FYI....now that you are done with your cop bashing
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:46:15 AM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

Ah, no, we don't "lock up" traffic violators......
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:47:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
This is really a horrible job at creating a cop bashing thread.
View Quote

Agreed.

I've seen better.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:49:09 AM EDT
[#33]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your sigline fits you.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:49:49 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

As I said in the other thread when you dispatch with computers these things are going to happen.
View Quote

I recall Seattle PD figured something like a 14-17% increase in accidents when they put MDTs in  in the late 80's

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:50:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Is that common?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah.

Is that common?

Do it all the time.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:53:02 AM EDT
[#36]
If it was two non-LE citizens, they probably would have exchanged insurance info and gone on their way

If it was a minor collision between a shitbag LEO and someone else, there's a chance he would have tried to arrest them on other charges to cover his ass, but it's not like anyone gets routinely locked up for fender benders.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:59:14 AM EDT
[#37]
When I lived in Danbury, CT waaay back when, the town was down to four or five cars and were waiting for the new ones to arrive.
A couple of cops got bored one night and decided to play "chicken" on Main St.
They were then left with two or three cars for a few weeks.
My GF at the time had both parents on the force so I got a lot of insider info, plus with her personalized plate she made a habit of parking in no parking zones because every cop on the force knew her.

Danbury is where the Pardue brothers went on a bombing spree to cover up a bank robbery, they blew up the Police station to cover their getaway.

Almost 45 years ago
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:01:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Someone needs a cavity search.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:03:54 AM EDT
[#39]
This thread is full of DERP....
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:05:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

My department does not issue citations to either driver in police involved (non-serious injury crashes). If citations are issued for serious crashes, they are issued by THI investigators. And FYI, I don't issue citations on many of the minor crashes that I handle.

And....more than likely.....their will be an internal review of the crash by a review board that will decide fault and recommend a course of action....like an 8 hour driving course....all the way up to suspensions and termination depending on the officer's record.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

This
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:09:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:15:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
As I said in the other thread when you dispatch with computers these things are going to happen.
View Quote

Just like a cop, blame the computers when it's the cops fault.  

TXL
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:56:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Op has failed
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:38:29 AM EDT
[#44]
There is no requirement to cite for an accident and I almost never do as I figure those involved have enough to deal with already.
Besides they are going to end up losing a lot more money from the days off they are going to get than they would from a citation.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:52:28 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

There is no requirement to cite for an accident and I almost never do as I figure those involved have enough to deal with already.

Besides they are going to end up losing a lot more money from the days off they are going to get than they would from a citation.
View Quote

He was intentionally operating his vehicle recklessly, shouldn't his record reflect that?

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:53:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

If some guy runs a red light and hits someone and you refuse to site him for running the red light the guy who got hit is going to have a battle on his hands to get the other guys insurance to pay for the damages...at least in NY.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:01:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

If some guy runs a red light and hits someone and you refuse to site him for running the red light the guy who got hit is going to have a battle on his hands to get the other guys insurance to pay for the damages...at least in NY.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is some truth to this. About 5 years ago a young kid lost control of his car, spun out, and crossed the double yellow line hitting me. When I made the insurance claim one of the specific questions I remember them asking me was if the other driver received a ticket or not.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:03:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?  It was still his fault.

I've gotten a citation after I got hit by a car while I was on a bicycle, and the cop wrote it up as my fault and ticketed me.  Driver's insurance ended up paying for the damages. Though it wasn't easy.

"Well the police officer at the scene said it was your fault."
"That's his opinion, which doesn't mean anything to me. Your client hit me, you're going to pay the damages whether it's before we go to court or after."
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:07:53 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:08:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top