Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2001 7:11:03 AM EDT
Ok, when mounting a scope on an ARMS#38 swan sleeve, what type height of rings need to be used to utilize the iron sights on the rail? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance

Crosshairs            [sniper]
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 8:20:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I can use my Swan Sleeve's rear flip-up with the GG&G front flip-up without taking the Aimpoint 5000 2X off(after sighting in with the red dot, I mechanically "sighted in" the front and rear flip-ups to the match the red dot).  If you are putting a Leupold tactical....SS10X42M....or such like scopes on the sleeve, well, you CAN'T.  Proper eye relief is impossible with the rear sight HUMP in the way leaving the ocular lens too far in front of the eye. SCOPE TUNNEL BLACK OUT.

For red dots and the like...MED rings should fit the bill.

Best Wishes.      
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 4:00:07 PM EDT
[#2]
What Dave said... I tested a Swan Sleeve with Leupold 3.5-10X for an article in Tactical Shooter and it just didn't work.  Since then I went to a Knight Armament 300 meter flip sight on the rear of a flat top receiver and mount my scope (Leupold 2-7X) in low rings on a Compass Lake Engineering (tel:  850-579-1208)detachable flat top scope base.  This gives excellent flexibility for eye relief (extends forward of the front of the receiver to let you set scope properly for prone, etc) and height.  The CLE scope base is a very high quality unit, and the Knight 300m sight folds flat underneath the scope without problems.  Hope helpful,  John
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 6:55:57 PM EDT
[#3]
A scope can be used with the Swan Sleeve but you have to use Arms Throw Lever rings #22 High. The people at arms tell me that I should be able to use the Med. rings but I have not tried them yet. The Scope Ocular doesn’t clear the rear site by much but it does clear. The only problem is the scope is a little high.  Sniper for Justice
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 7:38:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top