Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 4/12/2006 8:49:32 AM EST
I got a letter in the mail today saying my lic is about to expire, but I need to get it re-instated before I do.

Reason being, they say it has been suspended since 2003 for a fail to appear for a ticket (45/40).

That ticket was paid. And I have been stopped since (nothing issued) and nothing came back. I have renewed my CCW since then, and I am also going through someother back ground checks now as well and nothing else has brought this up.

Thoughts on next step? I dont know if I have the canx'd check that I wrote to cover the ticket.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:39:29 AM EST
A background may not include a DL status check. Not every officer will run the check when he stops you. A suspended license is not a DQ here and there is no requirement to have a driver's license.

I would contact DMV and get information concerning the ticket. They should have the case number, date, and jurisdiction.

If you have the info. of where you paid the ticket, then bring that with you just in case it matches. It may save you a second trip.

BUT if the ticket hit warrant before you paid it, then that may explain why your DL was suspended.

Good luck with DMV.......unless you are lucky and live in a smaller town.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:49:18 PM EST
first of all, I cant believe you got a ticket for 45/40.

i would contact the secretary of state (well atleast here) or whoever deals with licenses and talk to them.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:17:00 PM EST
Thanks for the responses so far guys... It happened in a city around here called Inkster...I'll leave it at that for those that know the area, they would believe a 45 in a 40.

I have to go to the sec of state and see what's up.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:43:20 PM EST
Like it was said above, start with the court that suspended your license. If you have some proof of payment (like a canceled check), take that with you. Get them to make sure they entered your payment, etc into the computer correctly. And that they issue some type of paperwork saying everything is taken care of. They should also notify your DMV that their court is no longer requiring the suspension of your license.
Top Top