Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/24/2005 6:47:41 PM EDT
Okay, you guys are the experts here. I have a dilema. A certain person I know is a RN, he/she is treating a person for staph infections/ sores. They are tatted up, sunken eyes, yadda,yadda,yadda. They show many signs of meth abuse or manufacture. Now the child has the sores. Can a child get the sores from being around the manufacture?

With Hippa laws, he/she cannot just come out and ask, do a drug screen/etc. So, how does one proceed. Tell, the doctor, they are so busy they do not give a shitt, and probably scared of the people they might be turning in, I know they are scared of the patient. What to do???????
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:07:41 PM EDT
Call the DHS and let them know that the child is quite possibly being neglected. That the child shows signs of chemical burns/chemical exposure. DHS would then investigate. I think it is DHS in TN. Its DHR here in Alabama.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:10:56 PM EDT
I feel as though now that the child has them(sores), either it is a nasty ass house or the child is being exposed. Either way the poor child has no choice in the matter.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:18:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By zoe17:
I feel as though now that the child has them(sores), either it is a nasty ass house or the child is being exposed. Either way the poor child has no choice in the matter.

Thats why you should call DHS.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:14:51 PM EDT
In most states RN's/Doc's/Teachers/etc. are bound by law to report and suspected abuse/neglect. Your friend could get himself in trouble should he not report it.

Reports can be annoymous

Chris
Top Top