Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2001 7:50:07 PM EDT
Would you be willing to spend say $500 on training  to be able to carry on a plane?  If not, how much?
I'm all for a national civilian defense force, but this would be available to anyone eligable for a carry permit.  To what length would you go to be able to carry concealed in all 50 plus D.C., airplanes, courthouse, sporting events... you name it....?
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 8:01:02 PM EDT
[#1]
If given the opportunity, yes I would pay $500 to be able to extend my CHL to include the friendly skies.  My Texas CHL is honored in about a dozen states now through reciprocity agreements.  Unfortunately, I haven't seen much progress on a national license.  I don't forsee this ever extending to airline travel though.
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 8:03:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Sure I'm game.....
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 8:05:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd be game
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 8:09:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discount for instructors?

Seriously, I would pay for a CHL that gave me 50 states AND airborne carry - even if they told me I had to use Glaser Blues onboard (which I would do anyhow...)

Of course, I would still want BIGGER DAMN SEATS before I start to fly regularly again...  At 6'3 52L, I get tired of those teeny seats.  Maybe free upgrades to First Class for CHLs as a "thank you" for helping secure the plane?  I don't see that that many people nationwide would be willing to do this - a combination of the Sheeple mentality and the overall lack of self-confidence I see (caused by unearned self-esteem....)

FFZ
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 10:31:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Sure.  But the cost would likely be much higher than that, since they'd want to do a thorough background check, psych evaluations, and monitor you 24x7 to make sure you weren't going through a nasty divorce when you decided to book that flight to Las Vegas.

I doubt they'd ever let the average person carry on a plane.  Pilots, hopefully soon though.
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 10:38:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I would pay for the training.
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 11:23:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I feel that every ccl/chl what ever your state callsit should be allowed to carry at airports. as far as training i fear mor registration associated with this.i don't like pilots with guns as they are busy enough as it is,in an emergency they are busy enough, let someone else handle the bad guy. .. like an amred passenger..
as far as the fear of explosive decompresion caused by a bullet hole i say bull ssht! how many pressurized aircraft during war time have been shot at? I am an airplane mech for a major airline and have seen many small holes in aircraft that have not caused the baloon to pop. a handgun round will not cause the roof to come off....pat
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 11:43:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't think money would be a issue, but finding a insurance company to underwrite such a program may be difficult if not impossible to find. Maybe the Feral Gobernment would have to underwrite the program.
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 11:51:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top