Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/29/2004 10:04:45 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:06:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:08:36 AM EDT
[#2]
cautiously very optimistic.  Wouldn't want to pull a CBS at this point.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:09:24 AM EDT
[#3]
God I hope so, this would be the nail in his coffin if it can be proven to be true.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:09:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Let's get this going!!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:09:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Time will tell ( I hope they have enough of it )
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:09:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Will it matter?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:10:31 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Will it matter?

Absolutely.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:10:41 AM EDT
[#8]
I want to be excited, but "Where's the beef?"
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:11:01 AM EDT
[#9]
SWEET!!!!!!

Let it be true so that slimy f*cker goes down for the count!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:11:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:12:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Man, I would love to see this be true, but it's a little a spare on specifics to get too excited about.

I'm not sure if an OTH is bad enough to cause much of a stir.   IIRC the Other Than Honorable is the most negative subcategory of  the  general discharge category.  The media would just spin it as just another  general discharge,  if every body gets one of those.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:14:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Which former Sec of the Navy?  TR?

Why won't they name him?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:15:21 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
cautiously very optimistic.  Wouldn't want to pull a CBS at this point.

Yep, have to trust them to thoroughly check and confirm. Not expecting anything but damn what a bitchslap if it's turns out to be true.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:15:36 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Man, I would love to see this be true, but it's a little a spare on specifics to get too excited about.

I'm not sure if an OTH is bad enough to cause much of a stir.   IIRC the Other Than Honorable is the most negative subcategory of  the  general discharge category.  The media would just spin it as just another  general discharge,  if every body gets one of those.

No, a General(Less Than Honorable) Discharge is negative, no matter what category
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:17:51 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
wouldn't a dishonerable discharge affect his political future?

mike

He is accused of having an 'Other Than Honorable Discharge'.  There are also 'Bad Conduct Discharges'  and 'Dishonorable Discharges'.

The  'Other Than Honorable' is pretty bad, but it wouldn't necessarily imply a court martial.

The Bad Conduct and Dishonorable (IIRC) can only be awarded at a court martial and would constitute a felony conviction which would disqualify Kerry.

BTW, the 'Dishonorable' can only be awarded at the highest of the three levels of court martial.  Civilians commonly use it to descibe all bad discharges, but it is very rare.  Soldiers convicted of some type of crime usually get a Bad Conduct, or BCD(AKA, "The Big Chicken Dinner")
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:18:08 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Will it matter?

Absolutely.

It matters to people like me, but I've never even entertained the notion of voting for Kerry.  

My daddy will still vote for the CSMF.  I literally can't imagine what would have to be revealed to get daddy to not vote, much less, to vote for Bush.  Hardcore Democrats have bizarre motivations.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:18:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:20:32 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, a General(Less Than Honorable) Discharge is negative, no matter what category

There are many categories og General, some are not negative, the media will try to lump it in with those to downplay this, if it turns out to be true.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:23:11 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are many categories og General, some are not negative, the media will try to lump it in with those to downplay this, if it turns out to be true.

They may not be negative in your opinion. To me, there's only one discharge......HONORABLE.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:25:35 AM EDT
[#20]
If this were true, would he even be eligible to run for president?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:25:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Does it matter?  Isn't it perfectly legal to sue for a change in discharge status after x years out of the service?  Or did I misunderstand the process?

[sKerry]This is simply a legal proceeding that changed an error from 30 years ago.  You see I was a decorated war veteran and there is no possible way that I could have gotten anything OTHER than an honorable discharge, I was just making sure that the official record matched what SHOULD have happened.  Thank you for supporting me, even though I am a spineless cock sucking douche.[/sKerry]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:26:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:28:27 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They may not be negative in your opinion. To me, there's only one discharge......HONORABLE.  

People booted out under certain circumstances beyond their control can recieve 'General" discharges, for example recruits injured in training.  The real truth teller is to check the RE code on their DD-214.  That tells more of the story.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:29:37 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I've scanned all the posts and while I loathe Kerry, I see nothing but an unsubstantiated statement.

5sub

+1
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:30:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Oh pleeeeeze, pretty PLEEEEEEZE!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:30:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Dirtbag tag.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:33:13 AM EDT
[#27]
The media will play this as a nothing because "lots of people got these at that time" because they were  just  protesting the war.

Lets face it. It's common knowledge kerry dishonored the military with his congressional speach and commited treason by meeting with the VC in paris durring the war.

Voted against GW1 and also against the 87 Billion.

The sheep don't care!  That should be obvious by now.

May the south rise again!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:34:59 AM EDT
[#28]
I did some further checking and I was incorrect.  Medical, FTA, etc; are not in the 'General' category.

A less than honorable discharge refers to a discharge that occurs under other than honorable conditions. This can be due to generally improper conduct, conviction of a crime either in a military court martial or a civilian court, or some other inappropriate action on the part of a soldier or someone associated with that soldier.

The United States military subdivides less-than-honorable discharges into four categories, in increasing order of severity:

general discharge;
undesirable discharge;
bad conduct discharge; and
dishonorable discharge.
Undesirable discharges or worse disqualify the soldier from receiving veterans' benefits under most circumstances, and any less-than-honorable discharge - even a general discharge - usually renders the discharged soldier ineligible for unemployment insurance benefits, because such a discharge is considered tantamount to having been "fired" from the most recently-held job.

In addition, those given dishonorable discharges permanently forfeit certain citizenship rights, including the right to vote or legally possess a firearm in certain states. According to the government, there is no way for one to lose citizenship as such by any means, aside from voluntarily, and there is no federal law barring discharged soldiers from voting.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:43:04 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I did some further checking and I was incorrect.  Medical, FTA, etc; are not in the 'General' category.

A less than honorable discharge refers to a discharge that occurs under other than honorable conditions. This can be due to generally improper conduct, conviction of a crime either in a military court martial or a civilian court, or some other inappropriate action on the part of a soldier or someone associated with that soldier.

The United States military subdivides less-than-honorable discharges into four categories, in increasing order of severity:

general discharge;
undesirable discharge;
bad conduct discharge; and
dishonorable discharge.
Undesirable discharges or worse disqualify the soldier from receiving veterans' benefits under most circumstances, and any less-than-honorable discharge - even a general discharge - usually renders the discharged soldier ineligible for unemployment insurance benefits, because such a discharge is considered tantamount to having been "fired" from the most recently-held job.

In addition, those given dishonorable discharges permanently forfeit certain citizenship rights, including the right to vote or legally possess a firearm in certain states. According to the government, there is no way for one to lose citizenship as such by any means, aside from voluntarily, and there is no federal law barring discharged soldiers from voting.

You're alright in my book. That's for the clarification.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:47:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:52:34 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Oh pleeeeeze, pretty PLEEEEEEZE!

+100
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:53:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Because the qualifications for the presidency are set in the Constitution,

No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

Kerry's discharge status wouldn't disqualify him from the Presidency. Even a felony conviction wouldn't disqualify him, IMO.

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:54:17 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Will it matter?

Not if the Mainstream Media ignores it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:54:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Please...please...let this be correct  
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 11:03:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Is it true this is the kind of discharge you get for performing gay sex acts with your boat crew??

GunLvr
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 11:05:40 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Is it true this is the kind of discharge you get for performing gay sex acts with your boat crew??

GunLvr

You talkin' administrative discharge or penile discharge?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 11:16:52 AM EDT
[#37]
I checked it out @ swift vet site, surfed around looking into it, and when I came back to the swifties the information in the post was pulled.........
either BS or truely developing.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 11:18:48 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Will it matter?

Not if the Mainstream Media ignores it.

Nope the MM is irrelevant, their ignorence of it only proves the assertions on the Internet.

The MM digs their grave with every time they lie for Kerry.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 11:23:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 11:29:27 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

GunLvr

You talkin' administrative discharge or penile discharge?

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 11:30:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Content removed at the request of the author.

Stay tuned for updates. Will re-open the topic when we have further info.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 11:44:48 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Current link, standby.....
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 11:49:45 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
wouldn't a dishonerable discharge affect his political future?

mike

Only if you're a Republican.  Remember Clinton lied to a grand jury without consequence.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 11:55:32 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Well six pages of that thread was just nuked...

This will sound dumb but its either breaking or they found out its a no go.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:04:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:08:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Man oh man.... BIG tag pending outcome.  We'll see.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:10:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:38:54 PM EDT
[#48]

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 1:08:05 PM EDT
[#49]

Kerry's discharge status wouldn't disqualify him from the Presidency. Even a felony conviction wouldn't disqualify him, IMO.

Kerry's Constitutional Conundrum

See this link for Kerry's ability to hold the office of POUS after meeting with NVA in Paris @ '71.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:07:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Swiftvets Update

Take this for what it's worth. They are calling for a massive show of support Sunday on the steps of the Capital for a news confrence. Don't know what to make of it, the poster, Navy Chief, is reputable. Perhaps their is a big shit sandwich on the horizon.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top