Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/15/2003 3:59:44 PM EDT
I want a good flashlight i can carry aound everywhere.  Not just on my rifle.  should i go with surefire or another light?
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 4:06:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I carry a G2 nitrolon surfire. It has a polymer frame which makes it lightweight for carry anywhere. The good thing is that it only costs about $30The only thing I would say if you get this light is get the shock isolated bezel for it. I have dropped mine and had to replace the lamp assembly. Just my .02
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 4:11:14 PM EDT
[#2]

I have one of these, and it is smaller than the G2, but has the same brightness.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 4:39:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Just remember that if you are going to do double duty carry and rifle, you probably want to get a light with a shock isolated lamp. For only carry might I suggest the Aviator A2. Three LEDs for long use medium lighting and the regular indandecent lamp for high intensity tactical lighting. www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_disp/displ/prrfnbr/900/sesent/00 The best of both worlds. Surefire is cutting off their distributors so they (distributors and retailers) are getting rid of them at good prices now. The Aviator is a tad expensive though. I have seen them for about $140. Wait too long to buy and you will only be able to get the lights from Surefire.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 8:58:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I will be using it to carry just as apart of my daily gear.  You never know when you might need some light. I will most definatly use it with my weapons too....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top