Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2005 10:57:03 AM EDT
I just picked up a 120 lumen bulb off ebay for my G2 but it hasn't arrived yet.  How much brighter should I expect it to be?  I keep the G2 next to my pistol and only use it  to clear the house if I hear any bumps, so battery life doesn't matter.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:58:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I got both lamps.  The 120 is brighter for sure.  Does not seem like almost twice, but it is definitely brighter.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:49:28 AM EDT
[#2]
It will put out more light, thats for sure.  It won't, however, "throw" any better.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:38:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It will put out more light, thats for sure.  It won't, however, "throw" any better.  

what's the differance?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:40:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I got both lamps.  The 120 is brighter for sure.  Does not seem like almost twice, but it is definitely brighter.

And it eats batteries like you won't believe.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:58:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

what's the differance?

Output refers to the total amount of light coming out of the front of the flashlight.  "Throw" is a measurement of the distance that a given light can illuminate a surface at 1 lux (or put differently - the ability of the flashlight to deliver light on target at a distance.).  Typically incandescents can throw better than LEDs.  Incandescent wavelengths can usually penetrate smoke and fog better than LED light.  

CWO
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:47:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Its bright all right.  I have the same thing.  But I found the 60 to be bright enough and If you don't shoot the intruder and have to hold them there and for some reason you can't turn on the lights.  Do you want to only be able to use your light for 20 min?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:45:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a few G2's and sometimes I will put the brighter bulb in.  I also have a C3, and sometimes I put the P91 bulb in (200+lumens)
The extra amount of light is definetly noticable, but for me I prefer the longer runtime with the already very bright bulbs.  But, as you said, it will not be used for long periods of time, so I think you will really like the P61.  Be carefull, once you start down the surefire road, it can get addicting and expensive.  (of course worth it)
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:50:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Just remembered....when my parents were building thier house I caught some stupid kids trying to break in one night(they were looking for a place to smoke some weed out of the rain)....anyway, I had my E2D(60 lumens) and it worked very well.  I held the light in thier faces while waiting for the highly trained police force to show up.  All the kids kept saying was "could you please get that light out of our faces".  I guess my point is, is that 60 lumens can be very effectice, so 120 will serve you well.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:25:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't know if they changed the lens material, but be careful about leaving the 120 lumen light on too long with the G2 (might have changed lenses now). It was know to melt the front protective lens if left on too long, badly if you put it face down on a table or something.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:58:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I wasnt all that impressed with the 120 lumens vs the 60 when runtime was factored in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top