Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2004 7:30:48 PM EDT
Unlike the various rube-golberg, pig-grease & mercenaries ideas that have been popping up, there is one surefire way to stop the kidnapping/beheading of US citizens.

It will also work for any country who wishes to adopt it....

It does not involve pig parts, obselete bombers, or any 007 gadgets...

It will work even if we cannot find & kill the folks who are doing this, in fact, it will work without killing anyone...

It's logical, efficient, and easy...

WE JUST HAVE TO IGNORE THE KILLINGS AS 'CASUALTIES OF WAR' AND KEEP THEM OUT OF THE NEWS, OFF THE TV, AND IGNORE THEM ON THE WEB!

Now, this does not apply for 'real terrorisim' - that must be crushed & destroyed...

And I'm not advocating that if we find out where these folks are hiding we don't send in the troops to rescue the hostages & kill/capture any terrorists found...

But these guys doing the beheadings are not even worthy of the title 'terrorists'. They are common criminals, no better or worse than the gangbanger who shoots someone over a nickel-bag of dope.

Individual murders back home don't even merit national news coverage (unless the suspects are rich white men & live in CA), why should these be any different? These guys aren't terrifying, they're junior-league serial killers - Charles Manson wannabes...

THE ONLY REASON THEY BEHEAD FOLKS IS THAT IT ENSURES THEY WILL GET ON TV, THEY ARE DOING IT IN HOPE OF HELPING THE LIBS MAKE THE CASE FOR WITHDRAWAL BY MAKING IRAQ LOOK LIKE A MESS

THEY DON'T ACTUALLY EXPECT US TO RELEASE HOSTAGES, THEY FULLY INTEND TO KILL EVERYONE THEY CAPTURE, BECAUSE IT WILL GET THEM ON FOXNEWS AND MAKE LIFE EASIER FOR THE ANTIWAR LEFT

So, if we deny them their wish, if we treat them like common criminals instead of 'notoriaous terrorists', they will eventually (a) stop beheading people, or (b) switch to committing 'real terrorisim' which is more likely to put them staring down the unpleasant end of an Abrams...

A gag order is unconstitutional, so that's out...

The Government should ask the media to voluntarily censor themselves in the name of national security...

The question is: Is the media 'noble' enough to put country before scoop?

I know the answer is NO...

So maybe chipping folks going to Iraq is a good idea...

The others presented have been pure emotionally charged blow-hard crap...
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:32:38 PM EDT
[#1]
nuke 'em.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:32:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The Government should ask the media to voluntarily censor themselves in the name of national security...

The question is: Is the media 'noble' enough to put country before scoop?

Nope, the news media is in it for the bucks, and most of them are anti-Republican and anti-Bush.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:33:22 PM EDT
[#3]
To answer the question, no.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:34:07 PM EDT
[#4]
media, sensor themselves ????   LMFAO

them fucknuts can't even go the day w/o fucking something up,let alone something important.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:37:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I have an idea, lets scoop up all the eggshells around here, fly them over (in several trips)to the sandbox and drop them like bombs. Hopefully, one or two of these eggshells (stained with the blood from our feet) will land in the eyes of these terrorists and blind them permanently. Just a thought.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:37:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
nuke 'em.

+1 (MT)

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:38:56 PM EDT
[#7]
And the chances of the media actually agreeing to this are what?

I think you are a decent man Dave. I also think you are an honorable man. But sometimes I just think you see rainbows in hurricanes.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:40:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Many of those journalists would sell their soul to the devil to get a scope like the Watergate.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:45:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Not only a news boycott of the jihadis propaganda efforts, but KILL the people they are trying to free. Want a mullah freed? off with his head. What a female Iraqi germ-warfare scientist freed? Off with her head.

(when it comes to terrorism, international "relations", and a few other military matters, i'm somewhere to the Right of Attila the Hun)
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:48:54 PM EDT
[#10]
No offense but your idea is stupid.
It basically says: "ignore them and they will go away" and you make the assumption that they would realize we are ignoring them.
They are bloodthirsty animals who would do this even if there was no such thing as telivision.
They deserve nothing but an invasion of neutrons or worse and collateral damage be damned.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:49:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Nuke the site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:51:50 PM EDT
[#12]
after the first beheading we should have said, "when and if the next American is murdered in such a manner, we will pick out a city/town/village in Iraq/Iran/Saudi/Syria/etc... and completely level it"
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:56:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Doesn't the bible say "an eye for an eye"?

just my .02

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:59:21 PM EDT
[#14]
We should definately bomb Al-Jazeera out of business.  That might help a little bit.  I'm pretty sure the first amendment doesn't protect them.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:05:25 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Not only a news boycott of the jihadis propaganda efforts, but KILL the people they are trying to free. Want a mullah freed? off with his head. What a female Iraqi germ-warfare scientist freed? Off with her head.

(when it comes to terrorism, international "relations", and a few other military matters, i'm somewhere to the Right of Attila the Hun)

STUPED STUPID IDEA

Don't you get it?

THEY DO NOT CARE WHO WE KILL, THEY DO NOT CARE IF THEIR DEMANDS ARE MET. THEY ARE DOING THIS TO GET ON TELEVISION & THE FRONT PAGE!!!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:21:30 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
after the first beheading we should have said, "when and if the next American is murdered in such a manner, we will pick out a city/town/village in Iraq/Iran/Saudi/Syria/etc... and completely level it"

To which these guys would be dancing up and down, celebrating such a (to them) wonderful event...

"How perfect...  We don't have to work today, the Americans are committing our terrorisim for us"

You guys just DON'T GET IT...

Beheadings are just ordinary murders... It's one guy killing another...

The only reason they keep happening is because PEOPLE REACT THE WAY YOU ALL DO!

Quit calling it terrorisim. It's a murder, a single crime in a series -> serial killings...

File & forget, they will stop...

BUT IF YOU KEEP TREATING IT LIKE EACH MURDER IS 9/11 ALL OVER AGAIN, THEY WILL KEEP DOING IT. YOU ARE MAKING TERRORISTS OUT OF COMMON CRIMINALS.

Go watch '15 Minutes' - it's an OK movie, has nothing to do with war or Muslims, but it shows exactly what is happening here:

These guys want their 15 Minutes of Fame and YOU ARE GIVING THEM WHAT THEY WANT.

Reacting this way is just as bad as giving in to their demands. That's exactly what you're doing, but it's 'OK' because the stated demands aren't met.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what they want, and to see that YOU ARE GIVING IT TO THEM!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:22:52 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
We should definately bomb Al-Jazeera out of business.  That might help a little bit.  I'm pretty sure the first amendment doesn't protect them.

Wouldn't help...

They don't care if they're on Al Jazeera, they can just walk up and ask to get on Al Jazeera..

THEY WANT TO GET ON FOXNEWS & CNN!

AND WE'RE LETTING THEM GET WHAT THEY WANT IN THE NAME OF TV RATINGS AND BLIND 'OUTRAGE'...
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:38:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Dave_A, are you in the military?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:45:10 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

This is the answer.  If they execute our people, we execute theirs.  

All's fair in love and war.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:45:43 PM EDT
[#20]
First off the media should not be censored. What a fucking crock of shit.
It's the medias fault for terrorist assholes beheading civ's. It's terrors fault for beheading civ's the only fix is for terror to not exist. Aint gonna happen.

I guess life can suck some times.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:46:38 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

It is my opinion that the Constitution should not protect anyone that is not a citizen of the US.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:49:54 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is my opinion that the Constitution should not protect anyone that is not a citizen of the US.

Isn't that the intent of the 11th amendment?  Now I have to read up on the Constitution.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:51:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Again, I agree with you dave.  But I still think you get rid of al jezeera and it would curb it.  Because whoever makes the tapes doesn't take them to the us people first do you think?  If they do then that's really terrible because they ought to be arresting people for even having a tape like that.  But your theory is correct.  There just feeding a monster with the wow factor.  Just like everything else the media does.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:55:22 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
First off the media should not be censored. What a fucking crock of shit.
It's the medias fault for terrorist assholes beheading civ's. It's terrors fault for beheading civ's the only fix is for terror to not exist. Aint gonna happen.

I guess life can suck some times.

It's the media's fault for publicizing it and giving them what they want.

No, we're not talking terrorisim here, just every day common murder... When we start treating it as terrorisim (a single knife murder (ok, 3 now), which would be one (3) of hundreds if it happened back here in the USA), when it is not even worthy of the label, we give them their 15 minutes and ENSURE that another murder happens...

Think about it: What if everyone ignored the next beheading, like they do when somone gets stabbed in the inner city of LA...

There might be one or two more, but in the end the tactic would be deemed ineffective, and would stop...

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:56:31 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Working on it right now...

I go before the selection board within the next few weeks, barring complications...
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:03:17 PM EDT
[#26]

Think about it: What if everyone ignored the next beheading, like they do when somone gets stabbed in the inner city of LA...

There might be one or two more, but in the end the tactic would be deemed ineffective, and would stop...

Sure, just like murders in LA.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:03:32 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Working on it right now...

I go before the selection board within the next few weeks, barring complications...

Good Luck! I admire all the guys that are joining up.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:19:02 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I like this one.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:25:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Terrorism thrives on media attention.  That's why they bomb bus stops, night clubs, pubs, and schools.  It's to get attention for their cause from the general public and undermine the policy makers.

How many of us remember the 1972 Olympic in Munich?  Talk about media attention!

It's amazing that people will support a gun ban to stop crime, but how many of these people will support censorship to stop crime?

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:29:24 PM EDT
[#30]

No, we're not talking terrorisim here, just every day common murder

Ummmm, I'm sorry, but it is terrorism! How could you think otherwise? Of course it's terrorism!

Terrorism isn't set by body counts. You can kill 5000 or 1. Yet the intent in this case is the same. Murdering to achieve their radical political and religious goals is indeed terrorism.

An everyday common murder is someone getting pissed off at another guy because he's fucking his wife and kills him. It's a drug addict who robs someone and kills them to get money for another fix. It's a money squabble between drug dealers. That's common everyday murders. Slowly sawing someone's head off with a fucking knife for political purposes is not an everyday murder. It's terrorism in it's worst form!  
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:33:34 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
nuke 'em.

+1
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:36:17 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Ummmm, I'm sorry, but it is terrorism! How could you think otherwise? Of course it's terrorism!

Terrorism isn't set by body counts. You can kill 5000 or 1. Yet the intent in this case is the same. Murdering to achieve their radical political and religious goals is indeed terrorism.

An everyday common murder is someone getting pissed off at another guy because he's fucking his wife and kills him. It's a drug addict who robs someone and kills them to get money for another fix. It's a money squabble between drug dealers. That's common everyday murders. Slowly sawing someone's head off with a fucking knife for political purposes is not an everyday murder. It's terrorism in it's worst form!  

No, terrorisim in it's worst form is 3,000 US citizens dead...

Terrorisim in it's worst form is dead Israeli or Russian kids killed en-masse by bombs...

One more dead body in a warzone is just that, another casualty of war...

It is only terrorisim because we treat it like terrorisim...

These guys are attention whores. Cut off their attention, refuse to be terrorized, and they will find a new tactic (most likely one that will be easier to fight)
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:37:30 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Sure, just like murders in LA.

Difference is that these guys are doing it for attention...

The guys in LA are doing it for other motives...
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:44:27 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Terrorisim in it's worst form is dead Israeli or Russian kids killed en-masse by bombs...

These guys are attention whores. Cut off their attention, refuse to be terrorized, and they will find a new tactic (most likely one that will be easier to fight)

Terrorism is terrorism. Period. We treat it as terrorism because it IS terrorism! Terrorism doesn't require any certain body count to become terrorism. It is the action and the intent, not the outcome, that constitutes terrorism.

If the KKK lynched one black, would that not be terrorism? I think it would. The goal is to send fear through a large group that you'll be next.

So you can bet your sweet ass that what they are doing is terrorism. Besides, it's not like this is isolated. How many frigging people have already been beheaded by this vermin? How many more will have to suffer the same fate before the world gets it's head out it's ass?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:49:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Cute idea, but it won't work.  Muslim media will cover it, because the muslim/arab world is rather proud of it.  No way to squash news worldwide.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:37:42 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Cute idea, but it won't work.  Muslim media will cover it, because the muslim/arab world is rather proud of it.  No way to squash news worldwide.

'Muslim' (no, Arab) media does not matter...

Remember: their goal is to get us to pack up & go home.

They want to provoke one of 2 ractions:

A) US turns antiwar ala Vietnam, pulls troops out

B) US goes off in a fit of Russian-style psychotic rage, thereby destroying any chance of victory and making (A) inevitable.

The only way to do this is to get their message back to the USA, eg get on US news media...
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:40:57 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Terrorism is terrorism. Period. We treat it as terrorism because it IS terrorism! Terrorism doesn't require any certain body count to become terrorism. It is the action and the intent, not the outcome, that constitutes terrorism.

If the KKK lynched one black, would that not be terrorism? I think it would. The goal is to send fear through a large group that you'll be next.

So you can bet your sweet ass that what they are doing is terrorism. Besides, it's not like this is isolated. How many frigging people have already been beheaded by this vermin? How many more will have to suffer the same fate before the world gets it's head out it's ass?

By definition, technically, yes it is terrorisim.

But just like the KKK lynching blacks TODAY, it is very innefective terrorisim unless we make it effective.

The simple fact is that the ONLY reason to take and execute hostages is, as posted above, to attempt to influence US policy thru the media

They know we'll never release prisoners or give into their demands.

But they also know that folks back here will demand that we (a) pull out, or (b) make asses of ourselves with some boneheaded disproportionate response (like the morons who suggest killing prisoners or burning villages), thus making (a) inevitable...

That is the strategy, and no one seems to care...

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:14:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Here is my solution dope up a truck driver, Implant a GPS marker and find those son beaches
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:55:37 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Isn't that the intent of the 11th amendment?  Now I have to read up on the Constitution.

Nevertheless our contstitution has limits on free speech.  You cant use speech which incited violence and what not.  Its plainly obvious that Al Jazeera is nothing more than an evil hate spewing propaganda machine.  Destroy at will.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:57:18 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Doesn't the bible say "an eye for an eye"?

just my .02

Honestly.. who cares what the bible says.  Its the bible and the koran and all those other damn books that got us in this mess in the first place.

If religion went away.. the world would be a better place.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:02:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Religion isn't the problem. Its the idiots who misuse and abuse it that are the problem.

Cars are usually not a problem either. But if you put a drunk driver behind the wheel, then major problems start. But the car isn't to blame, it's the user.

Our issue isn't religion. It's about dummies who hijack a religion and use it to justify murder.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:05:57 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Religion isn't the problem. Its the idiots who misuse and abuse it that are the problem.

Cars are usually not a problem either. But if you put a drunk driver behind the wheel, then major problems start. But the car isn't to blame, it's the user.

Our issue isn't religion. It's about dummies who hijack a religion and use it to justify murder.

Well yeah.. i fully understand that religion can be a good thing.  However  I really dont believe that man kind in general is mature enough to handle organized religion.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:04:39 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

To which these guys would be dancing up and down, celebrating such a (to them) wonderful event...

"How perfect...  We don't have to work today, the Americans are committing our terrorisim for us"

You guys just DON'T GET IT...

Beheadings are just ordinary murders... It's one guy killing another...

The only reason they keep happening is because PEOPLE REACT THE WAY YOU ALL DO!

Quit calling it terrorisim. It's a murder, a single crime in a series -> serial killings...

File & forget, they will stop...

BUT IF YOU KEEP TREATING IT LIKE EACH MURDER IS 9/11 ALL OVER AGAIN, THEY WILL KEEP DOING IT. YOU ARE MAKING TERRORISTS OUT OF COMMON CRIMINALS.

Go watch '15 Minutes' - it's an OK movie, has nothing to do with war or Muslims, but it shows exactly what is happening here:

These guys want their 15 Minutes of Fame and YOU ARE GIVING THEM WHAT THEY WANT.

Reacting this way is just as bad as giving in to their demands. That's exactly what you're doing, but it's 'OK' because the stated demands aren't met.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what they want, and to see that YOU ARE GIVING IT TO THEM!

Even if we could control our media, the murderers have their own media that will sing their praises.  

ktm500
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:29:30 AM EDT
[#44]
That's the most idiotic thing I have heard in awhile. Saying that the beheadings are motivated by "wishing to get on the news" is true, however, that isn't the true cause. Of course they want to spread terror via the web and the international media, but these beheadings would continue without the images spread all over the world. First of all, many of the terrorists commiting these atrocities, like al-Zarqawi, are not just from Iraq... they roam the entire Middle Eastern region. They could care less about the war... Zarqawi was involved with international terrorism before the Iraq War. He is a member of al-Qaeda and he and his organization will continue to commit these crimes once the Iraq War is over. Also, al-Qaeda collaborated with Chechyn Rebels in Russia to help establish the siege on the school. They are commiting these crimes because of a disgust for Western culture, principles, and values.. not JUST because they want us to pull out of Iraq... although if we did retreat.. they wouldn't mind. They want all western influence and principles out of the Middle East and eslewhere. There are Islamic fundamentalist training camps in the Philippines, other asiatic islands, and of course.. the Middle East. We must erradicate the Islamic threat to stop terrorism, not pull their actions off of the media.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:47:24 AM EDT
[#45]

We should keep an eye on the Russians.  Interesting idea they had with "detaining" the familes of the terrorists.

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:47:53 AM EDT
[#46]
sawing off someones head with a knife isnt about terror, its just sadistic...

thousands of acts far worse than that are perpetrated by our own citizens every day right here in the good ol US of A...  we hear about them on the six o'clock news... we read about them in the papers...

whats one beheading a week in a warzone against all the rapes, murders, and child molestations that occur each day here in america? not really a big deal, if you consider the larger scheme of things...

thats not to say that sawing off someones head isnt seriously fucked up, because it is... im just saying that, at least as far as im concerned, it hasnt engendered a sense of terror in me, nor has it  dissuaded me from doing anything that i would normally do... in fact, it has had quite the opposite effect... it makes me want to get things done that need doing...

it also makes me want to kill those treacherous, cowardly scumbags...

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:19:43 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
We should keep an eye on the Russians.  Interesting idea they had with "detaining" the familes of the terrorists.

Interesting how it has not helped one bit...

These guys don't care about anyone else's life - heck, they don't care about their own. The only way to stop them completely is to find them and shoot them dead... But we have not been able to do that yet...

The whole point of all this was to point out that these guys are so pathetic they can't even manage to do terrorisim right...

This is basically identical to the old Hollywood plot where the bank robbers say they're going to shoot hostages unless they get a plane/helicopter/whatever.... Terrifying for the hostages, and no one else...

What they are trying to do is get more reactions like that of Nick Berg's family on the evening news...

They are trying to grow a viable antiwar movement in the USA almost as hard as the Democratic Party is, but unlike the Dems they have a much better chance of making it work...

The solution, therefore is to ignore the whole thing... Don't get hyped up over something that would be a 2sec blurb on the evening news if it happened here... Just pass it off as another murder, and move on...

IMHO, all the focus on this is just as bad as the focus on Kobe or Petersen...
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 2:53:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Ignoring a cancer will not cure it.  It will continue to grow unless it is cut out.  Those who choose to cut the heads off innocents or combatants may choose a different path but their goal will remain until they are removed from this planet or they win.  

Until we convince those who assist, harbor, condone or merely passively accept terrorists within their midst they will continue to be a grave threat to stability in the Middle East.  

I am not convinced they can be convinced to throw out the terrorists any way different than was required to end WWII.  The backing or acceptance of the locals is what allows these people to continue to operate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top