Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2006 9:49:38 AM EDT

guys, i need a little help with something here. i've read in the past that the supreme court has ruled several times that the police are not legally bound to protect you or intervene on your behalf.

does anyone know the case names or numbers so i could look it up for myself? i've been searching google for the last hour and can't really find what i'm looking for. help a brother out.

P.S.: this is for research purposes only. DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A BASHING THREAD OR I WILL ASK THE MODS TO LOCK IT.
thanks.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:55:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I think the most recent is Castle Rock v. Gonzales.

I also think that it was the 3rd time the USSC has ruled the gov does not /is not/ etc, protect the individual.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:57:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I know you asked for USSC rulings but one of the more graphic (and IMO more impactful) cases is Warren v. District of Columbia.  This is not a USSC case but check it out ... I suspect the recitation of facts (and the subsequent holding) makes it particularly useful for your research paper.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:11:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I sent you an IM. I wrote a 30 page paper on this very topic. If you want it, I'll send it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:23:17 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I sent you an IM. I wrote a 30 page paper on this very topic. If you want it, I'll send it.

that would be perfect, thanks!

e-mail inbound.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top