Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2001 12:42:03 AM EDT
Okay…I am sure this has been asked before. However, I can’t find it:

I want to purchase a suppressor for my AR…however; I think I should learn something about the legality of them before taking on such venture.  I am a LEO and to be honest…knowing nothing very little about the law when it comes to suppressed weapons.  

What is needed to purchase one?
Does it have to be registered to a certain weapon or can it be switched?
Pre or Post ban. Does it matter?
What brand?
Who has them?
What is a good price?

I do have the ability to purchase weapons and items such as this through the department.  However, I want it to be mine even if I leave Law Enforcement.

Sorry for the multitude of questions…but this is one (of many) subjects I know little about.

Thanks in advance,

medcop
[rocket]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 12:51:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I think I just discovered bad news...Is Missouri a state that does not allow private individuals to own sound suppressors?

If this is so....I am pissed!

thanks again,

medcop
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 3:26:56 AM EDT
[#2]
According to Tom Bowers "General Guide to Class 3" on www.subguns.com, you are SOL.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 4:36:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top