Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2001 1:34:30 PM EDT
Well guys, I've been stocking "disaster supplies" since '98.  Y2K volume 1 and 2 were non events.  This latest scare has caused me to refresh my supplies for wartime and hurricanes, etc.

How long do you go before cycling out your stored water?  Mine is stored on a yearly basis.
7.5 gal each.

When do I refresh them?
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 1:38:30 PM EDT
[#1]
My 500gal jacuzzi is my source, so

"Please don't piss in my jacuzzi, and I wouldn't swim in your toilet."

change jacuzzi water every couple of months.

Ohhh, and water jugs are changed yearly.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 1:51:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Chaingun!  I think I might have the ultimate excuse now to get my family a Jacuzzi... the wife won't let me get one for my health (bad leg and arm) but maybe if I tell her it's for emergency water supplies [:o]

We're on a well, but I still need to go get a generator (it's a community well - 5 houses, maybe one of the neighbors has a generator)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top