Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 9/3/2015 2:21:57 PM EDT
It's gotten so you might as well not even try finding steaks at Wal-Mart after the first of the month.

If you drive by the Wal-Mart parking lot at midnight on welfare payday, the parking lot is full. They ransack the place and it takes about a week to restock.

When a person can't buy a steak with the money he earned working because they were bought up by people receiving welfare, there is something wrong with that picture in America.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:23:23 PM EDT
Find out when welfare payday is.
Shop the day before welfare payday with your savings.
Profit.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:23:30 PM EDT
They eat a whole lot better then we do.  Just ain't right but not much we can do about it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:23:45 PM EDT
Originally Posted By VBC:
It's gotten so you might as well not even try finding steaks at Wal-Mart after the first of the month.

If you drive by the Wal-Mart parking lot at midnight on welfare payday, the parking lot is full. They ransack the place and it takes about a week to restock.

When a person can't buy a steak with the money he earned working because they were bought up by people receiving welfare, there is something wrong with that picture in America.

View Quote

Agreed.

Get on the gravy train with the rest of us bro. Nothing beats free steaks cooked in the toaster.

Except microwaved lobster
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:25:20 PM EDT
That's OK.  I don't buy any meat at Walmart. They can have it all.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:25:53 PM EDT
Thank God for the commissary.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:25:54 PM EDT
Do they really cook for themselves?

Poor dears.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:26:41 PM EDT
"It's the first of da month, so get your checks and come on..." -Bone Thugs n' Harmony
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:27:17 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By georgia357:
They eat a whole lot better then we do.  Just ain't right but not much we can do about it.
View Quote

This, i haven't cooked my self a steak in a looong time. I budget for what i absolutely need.  The extras and the juicy steaks will come one day, and paid for with my hard earned money.  No matter how bad it gets, i will never suckle upon the government's tits.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:27:33 PM EDT
Anybody who buys steak from wallmatt shouldn't have to pay anything.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:27:44 PM EDT
good times to avoid the city, is on the pay day
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:28:00 PM EDT
Who the fuck eats walmart steaks anyways?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:29:02 PM EDT
You buy your steak at Walmart? Yuck!
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:29:04 PM EDT
Who the hell actually buys steak at Walmart?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:29:07 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:29:18 PM EDT
You bought.a steak.....you just aren't the one eating it

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:29:44 PM EDT
Who the hell buys their meat at Walmart?   I support my local meat shops along with Costco.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:30:31 PM EDT
If your store is running out of inventory it has an idiot for a manager.  Grocery stores re-stock daily.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:31:42 PM EDT
welfare steak is best steak
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:34:09 PM EDT
Walmart and the 1st of month with dignity cards. Sounds familiar.....
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:36:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DefMan:

Walmart and the 1st of month with dignity cards. Sounds familiar.....
View Quote
At least the Dignity Cards are quick at the register.

Fucking WIC and their God Damn paper voucher system takes forever to get checked out.  Get stuck in line behind someone using them and you may as well relax for 20 to 30 minutes.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:37:39 PM EDT
Went there yesterday to have some tires mounted/balanced and pick up a couple of items.  Nothing but tweakers and richly cultured folk.  This is the nicest Walmart in at least 100 mile radius.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:37:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bullf-16:

View Quote
It's still super crowded on the 1st and 15th.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:38:07 PM EDT

They eat a whole lot better then we do.

View Quote
If the FSA eat better than you do, then you're doing something wrong.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:38:12 PM EDT
Why buys meat at Walmart?.  That nasty, prepackaged, gas flushed garbage scares me.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:38:39 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Dipper:
That's OK.  I don't buy any meat at Walmart. They can have it all.
View Quote

this! the local butcher shop is the ONLY way to go..
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:39:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bullf-16:

View Quote
Which, most people know to avoid for 1-2 days after retirees get their paycheck.

Likewise, when I was a JMO at Camp Lejeuene, I ate in the chow hall for the first few days after Marines got paid, and ate at the food court starting about 5 days after payday.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:41:54 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TokerM:
Profit.
View Quote

But out the whole fucking.meat department the day before
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:42:11 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:43:53 PM EDT
I work in the grocery business. Stores in certain areas are referred to as "first of the month" stores.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:45:10 PM EDT
Originally Posted By cyclone:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cyclone:

Exactly.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:47:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:48:21 PM EDT

View Quote

Why are you buying steak at Wal-Mart?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:49:38 PM EDT
Most of my daughters school is on reduced lunch or free lunch.

The kids all have fancy jeans and tenny shoes.  expensive clothes and their parents drive suburban's and suv's of all kinds.  

They get all the extra classes for free de3ntistry at the school for free and free health clinic.  All their fees are written down or off.

We pay for everything.  On top of them I am paying out the ass in taxes.

One weekend we got three phone calls because my daughters lunch account was 2 bucks in the red.  Some body used her number to charge food on my daughters account.

They get sat act and psat courses for free we pay.

Many of them get a food card,  free health care, help with rent section 8 , and electricity,  some get summer camp and other passes to make them feel normal. etc etc.

The parents are not married so that they both claim the kids.

Some of them work for cash .

Others use fake social security numbers but in any case they end up getting as much as 8k in earned income tax credit" read redistribution of wealth."

It is nice to watch a  breeder with three or four and one on the way at Fiesta buy two carts of groceries with the star card and then whip out a roll of hundreds  to pay for their beer.  Roll out to a newer suburban and drive away with those 20 inch rims with those short tires.

Did I mention they get braces for free and my wife and I paid 6k for my daughter.

All colors and races are doing this.  it needs to be stopped.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:50:51 PM EDT
Was going to post something about steaks and walmart but everyone already covered that.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:52:25 PM EDT
The closest grocery store to me is 20 miles away in a town of around 3000-4000 people.  I avoid the store on the 1st and the 15th because its crowded and the meat section is depleted.  There used to be a meat market in town but it went out of business and got turned into a game room like every other closed down store in the town (all 20 or so game rooms just recently got shut down by the state).   Pretty much everyone in the town uses the Lonestar Card and then sells what they bought for drugs or cash.   I feel your pain.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:52:48 PM EDT
Best day to do grocery shopping is the last day of the month.  All the shelves are stocked in preparation for the FSA shopping spree.

Worst days in reverse order ...

3. 1st day of the month
2. 1st day of the month that falls on Friday (FSA & payday)
1. 1st day of the month that falls on Friday before a holiday weekend. (FSA & payday & stocking up for holiday weekend)
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:53:25 PM EDT
Also the town has no Walmart it just closed in July and if it did I would not buy steaks from it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:54:25 PM EDT
Originally Posted By m6z:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m6z:

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:54:37 PM EDT
I'm surprised there hasn't been a law requiring restaurants to take food stamps.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:58:04 PM EDT
Are they still trading Tide liquid detergent for drugs?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:59:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/3/2015 3:01:04 PM EDT by InfiniteGrim]
I went there yesterday..  It was surprisingly empty (of people)

But I found that of the 3 things I went there for...
1- Their ammo shelves were bare, like during a panic, seems that they dont plan on restocking it...
2- Spray paint, it was all behind locked glass and they didn't have the krylon camo colors, but did have rustoleum camo colors
3 - 10 Pack of Monster was $3 more then usual ($17 instead of $14). I bought 2 of the 4 packs, as that was cheaper per can

Not sure what is going one with them, but there is no reason for me to go there anymore. t used to be nice to buy everything I wanted in one stop and still pay low prices. Now the prices arent that great, everything is under lock and key, and the availability / selection sucks.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 3:00:12 PM EDT
Do you even JIT, bro?

Wait a few days and it will be restocked.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 3:00:35 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Paul:

The USDA Grade 1 not good enough for you.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Paul:
Originally Posted By dennyd:
Anybody who buys steak from wallmatt shouldn't have to pay anything.

The USDA Grade 1 not good enough for you.

Yea, I doubt that he knows where the steak that his mom brings him down in the basement comes from ................... probably cuts it for him, too .....

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 3:04:51 PM EDT
Originally Posted By bakkbakk:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bakkbakk:
Originally Posted By TokerM:
Profit.

Hmmm

Someone should do just do that at 11:30 and film the Lols  an hour later.

Best to leave one or two choice items as bait for the whirlstar I saw dat firs moments to follow

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 3:06:00 PM EDT

View Quote

So.. they eat better, and then we do? Is the order bothering you?

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 3:06:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/3/2015 3:06:23 PM EDT by supernoma]
Originally Posted By TEXASROOTERSBROTHER:
Most of my daughters school is on reduced lunch or free lunch.

The kids all have fancy jeans and tenny shoes.  expensive clothes and their parents drive suburban's and suv's of all kinds.  

They get all the extra classes for free de3ntistry at the school for free and free health clinic.  All their fees are written down or off.

We pay for everything.  On top of them I am paying out the ass in taxes.

One weekend we got three phone calls because my daughters lunch account was 2 bucks in the red.  Some body used her number to charge food on my daughters account.

They get sat act and psat courses for free we pay.

Many of them get a food card,  free health care, help with rent section 8 , and electricity,  some get summer camp and other passes to make them feel normal. etc etc.

The parents are not married so that they both claim the kids.

Some of them work for cash .

Others use fake social security numbers but in any case they end up getting as much as 8k in earned income tax credit" read redistribution of wealth."

It is nice to watch a  breeder with three or four and one on the way at Fiesta buy two carts of groceries with the star card and then whip out a roll of hundreds  to pay for their beer.  Roll out to a newer suburban and drive away with those 20 inch rims with those short tires.

Did I mention they get braces for free and my wife and I paid 6k for my daughter.

All colors and races are doing this.  it needs to be stopped.
View Quote

When the hell did this start?!
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 3:11:07 PM EDT
Find out the dates your state pays out da stamps:

Linky

http://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/snap-monthly-benefit-issuance-schedule
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 3:13:28 PM EDT
View Quote

Sorry, I'll try and leave some for you next month.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 3:13:47 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ReconB4:

That's exactly why they should make a list of just a few items they can buy. Stop making it an incentive to be on welfare/ebt/food stamps and people will not want to be on it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ReconB4:

That's exactly why they should make a list of just a few items they can buy. Stop making it an incentive to be on welfare/ebt/food stamps and people will not want to be on it.

This.

Michelle Obama didn't mind telling kids what they could eat for lunch at school, but she damn sure ain't gonna mention shit about food stamp abuse.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 3:15:43 PM EDT
Originally Posted By gogetumnow:
Find out the dates your state pays out da stamps:

Linky

http://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/snap-monthly-benefit-issuance-schedule
View Quote

Holy cow.  They pay from the 1st through the 9th in VA depending on where you fall in the order.  So the stores probably are restocking as fast as they can, it just disappears as fast as they can put it out.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Top Top