Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2011 5:14:10 PM EDT
I have seen several after market kits out there and have always toyed with the idea of trying to drop one into one of my two chevys, I have a 87 corvette and a 2000 silverado 4.8.  

Any one out there ever tackled one of these project?  Was it worth the money and how difficult was it to put in and overall was it worth it?

My level of automotive skill is, changing fluids, brakes, starters, alternators...
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 5:25:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/13/2011 5:26:20 PM EDT by gjg]
my skill level is on par with yours and i tackled and completed a Magnacharger on our '10 Camaro......

go for it....it's pretty much bolt on....
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 5:53:45 PM EDT
I have run several motors with windmills on them but mine were all of the WFO variety.

Nothing street legal and my fuel injection wasn't electronic.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 8:10:13 PM EDT
My buddy said if you can take a lawn mower apart and put it back together.....you can install a blower....pics of some of his toys....

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 8:22:49 PM EDT
I'd be more worried about getting the ECU to play nice with all the new fuel and timing parameters.

I'm a lot more at home with old school stuff myself but some of these young guys are HELL with all this new fangled computer stuff.

It's performance and driveability is amazing when it all plays nice.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 8:29:17 PM EDT
Originally Posted By JohnDiller:
I have seen several after market kits out there and have always toyed with the idea of trying to drop one into one of my two chevys, I have a 87 corvette and a 2000 silverado 4.8.  
Any one out there ever tackled one of these project?  Was it worth the money and how difficult was it to put in and overall was it worth it?
My level of automotive skill is, changing fluids, brakes, starters, alternators...

1) install blower
2) install larger injectors
3) reprogram ECU/install aftermarket chip.
4) measure everything –– torque, intake temp, exhaust temp, etc
5) tweak.
6) go to step 4.

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 7:21:48 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Hillbilly69:
I'd be more worried about getting the ECU to play nice with all the new fuel and timing parameters.

I'm a lot more at home with old school stuff myself but some of these young guys are HELL with all this new fangled computer stuff.

It's performance and driveability is amazing when it all plays nice.

getting the ecu settup is huge......magnacharger sends a programer with a tune for your set up.....
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 4:47:34 PM EDT
With the vette just swapping to a LSX motor will be like a entirely different car.
Top Top