Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/25/2003 6:55:18 PM EDT
Has anyone had any experience with this ammo?

I have a 6" 22 cal. revolver. How quiet is this stuff and will it dispatch pests?
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:01:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 8:00:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I recently used it in my Ruger MkII.  I could only get 3 in the mag and one in the chamber as the round is 22 long not 22 long rifle and anymore would cause feeding problems.  After a few shots with the colibri I was hooked.  Anything requiring quiet dispatching without a suppressor, this ammo will fill my bill.  The action wouldn't cycle on the MkII but that only reduced the noise.  In a revolver, the report may be a bit louder, but I dont think hearing protection would even be required.  
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 8:15:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I shoot it in my Single Six, no ear plugs required in an open area, I would wear some in an enclosed area.

I was shooting some mormon crickets with them in Nevada last summer [:D]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 8:15:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 8:18:00 PM EDT
[#5]
None of my rifles will group the stuff. 6-8 inches at 25 yards is the best I get.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 8:21:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
None of my rifles will group the stuff. 6-8 inches at 25 yards is the best I get.
View Quote

If you use a scope, you can see the bullets swerve and veer off course as they head down range.  If you can get within 10 yards of your target, they're great.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 8:45:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

At 15 yards I shoot dime and quarter size targets with a single shot Savage Model 72. I can hit the same targets with regular (no gunpowder) Colibris.

For pest control you will need super colibri (20 grains).

Standard Colibri (no gunpowder) has ZERO discharge from any of my rifles (you hear the hammer and impact on targer) and a slight discahrge from revolvers.

Super Colibri has a slight discharge (much less than my Sheridan pellet gun) from a rifle and I haven't tried it out of a revolver yet.

Get a long barrel rifle and you will be pretty silent even with super.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 8:50:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I shoot it in a bolt action rifle about 25 feet across the garage. It's not much louder than a good hand clap. I shot it in a pistol once and it was a lot noisier. Groups are good at 25 feet. It's a lot quieter than my 5mm Sheridan Blue Streak pump up air rifle.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 2:11:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 2:20:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I shoot it in my Single Six, no ear plugs required in an open area, I would wear some in an enclosed area.

I was shooting some mormon crickets with them in Nevada last summer [:D]
View Quote

What did you do with all the bicycles...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top