Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2001 1:31:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 2:46:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I here ya, I just wished I lived there.  Florida sucks.

Reverend73
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 3:28:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh, how I love the Smokies.   I can recall when Gatlinburg was just a quaint mountian town, before it turned into a big tourist destination.

One of my favorite drives is on the Cherohala Skyway, between North Carolina and Tennessee.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 3:39:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 8:51:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Going to Gatlinburg in November with the wife and baby girl. We've been to the Smokies many times and had at one time owned property in Cosby TN. I'd like to stay on the Carolina side sometime. I hear it's not as commercial. We never stay in town though. There are a lot of nice places to rent in the Mountains.
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 4:35:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 5:02:58 AM EDT
[#6]
How about this Sunset over Alpine, TX.

[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/038/jk/Om/Yz/JL60534.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 7:08:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes, simplify your life, and you become much happier.  I wish I had some pictures to post of my favorite place; Covington, VA. (but I have no scanner, digital camera, etc.)  Right on the WVa border, and surrounded my waterfalls, and beautiful National forest.

BTW, Garand Shooter, seen any of that pesky Eric Rudolf (sp?)?
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 7:21:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 8:46:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Garand Shooter, GET OUT while you still can! They PAVED paradise and put up a parking lot! Was back in my old home in Macon county 11/2 years ago and over 800 federal agents in town - not a rental to be had in miles. And with 441 expanded for the Atlanta olympics, what is it, 8 lanes now coming thru Franklin, cesspool Atlanta is connected to your back yard. It's CREEPING towards Clyde guy, COMING SOON...
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 9:19:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 10:41:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Yeah,forgot about the paper mill! Still, I say abandon ship. NBC did a 10 minute blurb on Asheville a couple of years ago and called it the "New Age MECCA of the east coast"... The, uh, "gender impaired" are moving there in the thousands - they can sell their San Fran condo and buy 20 acres where they've got PRIVACY to do whatever they do. And the hunting is destroyed. The Cherokees hid in your mountains 150 years ago for 15 years until they got their reservation but how long would you last living off the land now? And the weather! NO winters any more and the summer is worse than Miami! I was in the supermarket back there and felt like the guy in Invasion of the Body Snatchers at the end of the movie. Wondering if I was the last HUMAN left...
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 10:46:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top