Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2010 9:42:45 PM EDT
The gf and I took a trip to Idaho Falls last week to find her a house and get a little bit of a vacation in.  We drove through Grand Teton National Park on the way out there and got to the park right as the sun was starting to go down.  We got really lucky because it was cloudy most of the way out there and just started to clear off at sunset and the clouds made a really cool colorful backdrop behind the mountains.  We went back to Grand Teton a couple of days later and checked it out during the day
, and then drove through Yellowstone on the way home.  I will go back to Grand Teton any time...Yellowstone not so much.  I think Yellowstone would be much better during the fall or winter, it was way too packed for me this time of year.  

So anyways, to the pictures.  Camera is a Canon SX10-IS, I changed the settings so much I have no idea what they were, but its in the exif data if you're curious.  

Sun just starting to go down behind the mtns.

I really like this one...I had it printed full size, 20"x10" to get it framed for her new house.  Grand Teton is the big pointy one, 13,777 ft elevation.

Printed this one also at 20"x9" to get framed.

Grand Teton again during the day

Some glacial runoff heading down the mountain.  Zoomed in from a couple of miles away.

Hidden Falls, Grand Teton National Park

Downstream from the falls

Shell Falls, Bighorn Mountains, Wyoming

Prairie Cactus flowers in the Bighorn Mountains in Wyoming

One of the pools in Yellowstone

Link Posted: 7/1/2010 10:24:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Someday I'll take a long drive north up there.  Until then, thanks for the pictures, I love it.  

Link Posted: 7/2/2010 2:49:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Very nice.
Link Posted: 7/2/2010 6:03:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/2/2010 6:13:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Good stuff.  Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 7/2/2010 6:25:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I live in Idaho Falls.  Watched the sun rise over the Tetons.  When the light is right, you can see the Grand on the horizon.  One of my favorite things about living here.  If you come out here, make sure you drive down the Hoback, some of the best river/canyon views around.

One of my favorite short hikes around.  Jenny Lake is so pretty!!!
Link Posted: 7/2/2010 7:14:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I live in Idaho Falls.  Watched the sun rise over the Tetons.  When the light is right, you can see the Grand on the horizon.  One of my favorite things about living here.  If you come out here, make sure you drive down the Hoback, some of the best river/canyon views around.

One of my favorite short hikes around.  Jenny Lake is so pretty!!!

Taking the boat across the lake was a good idea, since it cut 4 miles out of the hike round trip we had a little more time to see other things while we were there.

I'll definitely be back.  She starts her job in the middle of July, so I'll be making the 12 hour drive a few more times yet...I loved that area, I'll be back there, hopefully for good, in after graduation in May...assuming I can find a somewhat decent job.
Link Posted: 7/3/2010 2:00:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Really great photos!

Link Posted: 7/3/2010 2:49:03 AM EDT
[#8]
I hope you don't mind. If you wish to have these removed just LMK.

I thought this would look great in 3D

Cross your eye
Link Posted: 7/3/2010 6:34:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I hope you don't mind. If you wish to have these removed just LMK.

I thought this would look great in 3D

Cross your eye
http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy62/tt350z/3dIMG_0815.jpg

That's pretty cool!!
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 9:33:18 AM EDT
[#10]
You're gonna love living in IF.  When you get here, drop me an email.  I'll get you hooked up with the local shooting community.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 5:02:51 AM EDT
[#11]
The foreground is dark in the first three.  You needed fill flash.

I'm green with envy....
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 12:44:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top