Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/15/2001 6:27:42 PM EDT
I just had to share the great afternoon I had today with my wife and step-son.

The weather was a near perfect 89 degrees with a very pleasant breeze and not a cloud in the sky.

We loaded up Esther (a BM Dissipator w/ Trij.  RII sight), Black Jesus (LEGP w/ Comp ML2) and Scout (step-sons Chipmunk) and set off for an old River Bottom for some very non-serious blastin'.  

The kid hit real well with his little .22 and the wife and I did some serious work with the two ARs....... if you are able to call can killin', stump blasting and the like "serious".  The wife has all but claimed the LEGP cause it is much lighter than the Dissipator.  She shoots both well enough that it matters little though.  

You guys ever stood with your wife or SO and riped off two 30 rd. mags side by side?  Very cool!

All in all we went through about 250 rds and ended up with about a 2.5 mile walk through a swamp nature trail complete with the cotton mouths and bullfrogs.  Most importantly though........ we were together, with our weapons in God's wilderness.

Kinda like the Old Milwaukee commercials "It don't get much better than that" in my humble opinion anyway.

Hope you all had a peacful and enjoyable Sunday as well.

Link Posted: 7/15/2001 6:42:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I tried to do about the same thing but wound up with a fired round jammed in the top of my Bushmaster between the bolt and the charging handle, DAMN!!! The '03 shot well though.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 7:33:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, Sunday was OK.  Started off trying out the AR17 I picked up last weekend at the trap range, shot a 21 which ain't too shabby for a lightweight aluminum and plastic 12-guage.

Then out to the hinterlands with the SW 469, the AR180 and the M1A.  Many pop cans met their makers and many large rocks are now smaller rocks.

To top it off, I found out I got drawn this fall for deer and anterless elk.  Woohoo!  Gotta get the Remington 700 tuned up!

Only bad thing about today is two of my dogs decided to try and kill each other and they came too damned close.  They're both slowed down now and on the mend, but it won't keep 'em from trying again in a couple of days.  Dumb bastards.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 7:34:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry that this reply isn't on-topic, but 03shooter; the next time you have a jam like that... And this has nothing to do with homosexuality...Buttstroke your AR-15.  

First, if you can, move the selector switch to "safe."  Then drop your magazine.  I chose a nice soft patch of grass to do the last part, but someone I know will smash his gov't issued rifle off of anything.  Anyway, grab the hand gaurds with your strong hand, point the muzzle away from your face or anyone else's face for that matter, and strike the ground with the butt of your rifle.  The sudden deceleration of your rifle will cause the inertia of the bolt to drive itself off of the bullet.  The bullet may go into the chamber when the bolt returns, but if you hold the muzzle angled away from you with the ejection port pointed towards the ground it will usually fall out.  This has only happened to me using Ther-Mold mags.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top