Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2002 3:00:19 PM EDT
Saw it this past week at Mall of America.  Cool flick.
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 4:15:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I just wish that they would have stuck to the book better, they changed too many details. But other than that its still a cool movie. The only thing that really bothered me was the attack on the aircraft carier, no way would it have been that easy.
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 5:05:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I know I have said this in a previous Sum of all fears post but its worth saying again.  

I refuse to see this movie until hollywood changes the German terrorists back to the arabs in accordance with the book.  

Keving67
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 5:14:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I give it a 6 out of 10.

My favorite adaptation of Clancy was Red October. This one was a poor adaptation, IMO.

-legrue
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 10:03:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Great book, bad movie. Affleck as Ryan? give me a break.  The book had great characters that should have been developed more like the Indian,the presidents mistress and the saudi terrorist bastards (I guess reality hurts Hollywood too much). 2 thumbs down, both of them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top