Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2008 4:33:10 PM EDT
I had resisted the temptation to be a gear queer and trick out my M4 with all sorts of toys, but I think this is something I can really use. I realized I had to spend most of my concentration on the live fire range keeping my regular black sling out of the way, out of my M68, away from the muzzle, etc. What's a good combat sling that will let me carry it around and readily shoot without getting in the way?
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 4:40:21 PM EDT
[#1]
i run a 2qt canteen sling reinforced with 550 cord for simple weapon rentention like around a FOB or on a ruck march

If i know im going in shooting or in vehicles i run a one point bungee type deal clipped to the buffer tube mount i bought. several nice ones out there.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 4:55:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I ran a loop of 550 cord through the rear sling loop to a carabiner attached to the top two rows of MOLLE webbing on my flak.

Knowing what I know now, I would take a Vickers Combat Applications sling in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 6:20:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I ran a loop of 550 cord through the rear sling loop to a carabiner attached to the top two rows of MOLLE webbing on my flak.

Knowing what I know now, I would take a Vickers Combat Applications sling in a heartbeat.

Link Posted: 10/16/2008 6:54:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I would take a Vickers Combat Applications sling in a heartbeat.

You can not go wrong with the Vickers. I ran one the whole time I was in Iraq.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 9:35:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Look at Gear Sector too.  I like their sling.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:45:12 AM EDT
[#6]

I use a MI #13 one point sling adapter for the M4 $36, I have a North East Tactical one point that is a few years old, loop sling for generic carry.

On my FSBE vest I use a sling that was designed for the MTV/IBA, it should be from shoulder to shoulder then make a V to connect the rifle, but I have it set up like a "wolf hook", it is weaved on the back of my right shoulder then through my right shoulder pad to essentially make a one point conection from the vest to the rifle.

I've seen alot of guys just "build thier own", Lowes sells clasps for $5 and 5' of nylon doesn't cost much.  The 550 cord route is gheto, but cheap.  
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 7:14:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I used the wolf hook for my year in the sand box. I loved it, clipped it off and on depending on what I needed.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 8:05:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I used the BHI 3 point sling for a year in Iraq, I loved it, but when I ever had to carry it unslung, the different straps were everywhere.  I also had the Wolf hook attached at the same time, of course I didn't use both at the same time, but the wolf has a QD so I could use either/or.  I'm about to order up a Blue Force Gear Vicker's Padded Sling.  Simple, single strap design w/padding.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 9:07:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I used the wolf hook for my year in the sand box. I loved it, clipped it off and on depending on what I needed.

this for off the FOB, and the issue sling for on the FOB.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 9:25:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Gear Queer?  
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 9:04:15 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Look at Gear Sector too.  I like their sling.

I absolutely love my Gear Sector one point sling.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 12:07:28 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

this for off the FOB, and the issue sling for on the FOB.

This is what I am running.  Roomy two point for Bobin' around  (with two mini D-Rings) and 550 with small d ring on plate carrier for missions.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 12:13:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 12:32:26 PM EDT
[#14]
I have made a few single points and really like mine. I prefer the HK hooks to plastic quick disconnects.

My sewing isnt that great yet and I am having trouble with the machine, but so far that are strong and work well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top