Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2011 5:27:15 PM EDT
He is suggesting that we are "under taxed" in this country. Since over 38% of my income last year was taken from me I respectfully vehemently disagree. Here is his explanation:

In 2001 the CBO estimated that net US public debt would be negative 2.5 trillion. Then George W. Bush cut taxes, started 2 wars with no provision to pay them, and significantly expanded the size of the Federal governm...ent - in Bush's last budget (which many blame on Obama incorrectly) the US had a 1.2 trillion dollar annual deficit and we were inevitably headed to the current situation. Spending at 25% of GDP and taxing at 15% of GDP is both overspending and under taxing (when long-term averages of taxation are ~20% of GDP).

How would you reply? Smartass answers welcome along with the serious ones!
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:29:37 PM EDT
Originally Posted By inGobwetrust:
He is suggesting that we are "under taxed" in this country. Since over 38% of my income last year was taken from me I respectfully vehemently disagree. Here is his explanation:

In 2001 the CBO estimated that net US public debt would be negative 2.5 trillion. Then George W. Bush cut taxes, started 2 wars with no provision to pay them, and significantly expanded the size of the Federal governm...ent - in Bush's last budget (which many blame on Obama incorrectly) the US had a 1.2 trillion dollar annual deficit and we were inevitably headed to the current situation. Spending at 25% of GDP and taxing at 15% of GDP is both overspending and under taxing (when long-term averages of taxation are ~20% of GDP).

How would you reply? Smartass answers welcome along with the serious ones!

Tax the 51% of Americans who pay nothing to the .gov at 38%, including the poor, rich, and the old. In other words, flat tax. Until then I'd say to get their "progressivist" head out of their ass.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:31:37 PM EDT
How do I make a contribution to the U.S. government?

Citizens who wish to make a general donation to the U.S. government may send contributions to a specific account called "Gifts to the United States." This account was established in 1843 to accept gifts, such as bequests, from individuals wishing to express their patriotism to the United States. Money deposited into this account is for general use by the federal government and can be available for budget needs. These contributions are considered an unconditional gift to the government. Financial gifts can be made by check or money order payable to the United States Treasury and mailed to the address below.

Gifts to the United States
U.S. Department of the Treasury
Credit Accounting Branch
3700 East-West Highway, Room 622D
Hyattsville, MD 20782

Pmc
Top Top