Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/20/2004 11:04:44 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/20/2004 11:07:52 PM EST by Blackgun_Fun]
I want to hear some success stories from mad scientist inventor types out there that have actually accomplished something with their dreams!!!

I have notebooks full of sketches and ideas from the last 20 years or so and the ideas keep coming. I know there others out there like me - who haven’t accomplished squat with their creative sides

Every year or so I blow my top when I see a product come out that I have in my sketch book for about 12 years!!!!! - I know I am not the only one who has these experiences like this.

Motivation is a powerful thing...and I would like to hear some of your successes!!!

I am just now reaching a point in my life where I have plenty of time to spend on my ideas - but unfortunately I do not have enormous amounts of capital or credit lines to jump in head first...which would be kind of foolish anyway because I have never done this before.....that is why I would like to hear your stories!!!!!

How do you "test" the market without "giving away" your idea to companies who are ready to produce it?

Did you get any funding from angel investors or venture capital firms?

Do you own a Patent?

Did you start with little or no real BIG $$$$$$?

If there are no other products like it, how do you determine pricing?

Did you just sell your idea to a larger company?

Can you trust anyone?

How do you protect yourself when showing your product to a larger company or potential manufacturer if you do not have a patent?

Did its success change your life? (I really want to buy a big piece of land in a Class III State and build a nice house )

Look forward to hearing some stories!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:07:38 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/20/2004 11:08:29 PM EST by ColonelKlink]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:08:55 PM EST

Originally Posted By ColonelKlink:
"I spent 60 years of my life trying to invent an anal bum cover, failing to do so is my greatest regret."

Sounds painful
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:09:09 PM EST
I think everyone I know has said or thought it.... "That was my idea!"

I'd be curious as to the answers here as well.

I believe a marketing person with a good idea would do far better than someone with a brilliant idea and no marketing abilities.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:10:04 PM EST
I see things that I think what idiot would buy that, but never thought of one.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:11:59 PM EST

I get ideas every once and a while too but i lack the capital to do anything with them.

Youre in good company
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:16:35 PM EST

"I spent 60 years of my life trying to invent an anal bum cover, failing to do so is my greatest regret."

I get ideas every once and a while too but i lack the capital to do anything with them.

I am currently trying to invent a penis mightier.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:19:21 PM EST

Originally Posted By _Ugly_:

I believe a marketing person with a good idea would do far better than someone with a brilliant idea and no marketing abilities.

This would be nice if it is true...I have been in sales and marketing for most of my career.

I have never worked with "new" products or services though...always existing "proven" ones. Lots of experience "re-inventing" these products and services though.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:19:30 PM EST

Just special tools I needed to get a job done. No value to anyone but me, since the equipment we were fixing was very unique.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 12:08:08 AM EST
I've spent alot of time since I was a teenager thinking up stuff to invent, I haven't went trhough on any of it though. One time my roommate and friend and I came up with the brilliant idea to build the worlds best heated toilet seat, I still have the sketchbook with diagrams/goals/and specs. I think we gave up on the idea after again getting way too drunk a few nights later.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 12:17:26 AM EST

Originally Posted By Blackgun_Fun:
I want to hear some success stories from mad scientist inventor types out there that have actually accomplished something with their dreams!!!

I have notebooks full of sketches and ideas from the last 20 years or so and the ideas keep coming. I know there others out there like me - who haven’t accomplished squat with their creative sides

Every year or so I blow my top when I see a product come out that I have in my sketch book for about 12 years!!!!! - I know I am not the only one who has these experiences like this.

Motivation is a powerful thing...and I would like to hear some of your successes!!!

I am just now reaching a point in my life where I have plenty of time to spend on my ideas - but unfortunately I do not have enormous amounts of capital or credit lines to jump in head first...which would be kind of foolish anyway because I have never done this before.....that is why I would like to hear your stories!!!!!

How do you "test" the market without "giving away" your idea to companies who are ready to produce it?

Did you get any funding from angel investors or venture capital firms?

Do you own a Patent?

Did you start with little or no real BIG $$$$$$?

If there are no other products like it, how do you determine pricing?

Did you just sell your idea to a larger company?

Can you trust anyone?

How do you protect yourself when showing your product to a larger company or potential manufacturer if you do not have a patent?

Did its success change your life? (I really want to buy a big piece of land in a Class III State and build a nice house )

Look forward to hearing some stories!

We must be brothers of some sort?

This sounds like me!

Since I just finnished my NO-BAN Carbine, I've been spending money on building a hydrogen electolyzer (not my idea or plans). I've got someother things that I'm working on which is why I need the Hydrogen. My notebook is 20 years old now, and I've seen some of the ideas get invented by others along the way.

I'm really positive about this though, the way I look at is;

1) The idea was a good one if someone else made it happen, see my ideas are good.

2) If they can make it happen then I will eventually do the same one day!

But please consider, I also play the Lottery and the Powerball!

The eternal optimist!
Top Top