Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2012 8:41:52 PM EDT
Any of you try making subsonic loads for your .308 Win? How did it work out?
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 8:55:12 PM EDT
[#1]
There was a thread a while back about a guy doing just that with .30-30 roundnose bullets. Performance was  s'posedly awesome.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 8:59:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had good results with 175SMKs and 180gr round nose flat base bullets and trail boss. I used fired FGMM brass as its internally small (helps prevent flash over) and is otherwise kinda worthless for a precision bolt rifle reloading wise. I've heard good results with heavier SMKs but I never tried them as I have all 1:12 twist barrels. The SMKs were actually surprisingly good preformers given they are not intended for it

be sure to fire some sans suppressor first to verify they arent tumbling...
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 9:00:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
There was a thread a while back about a guy doing just that with .30-30 roundnose bullets. Performance was  s'posedly awesome.

ive see a few loads using trailboss and was wanting to know how they worked out.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 9:00:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 9:13:39 PM EDT
[#5]
McNasty: the MOTHERLOAD of subsonic rifle load info is at the Finn site "gunwriters."  Tips include possibly enlarging the flash hole, etc.  I post a link for you to follow in this thread:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_20/380366_Building_a_DeLisle_carbine_out_of_a_Mosin__or_loading_sub_sonic_762_Russian___UPDATED_with_pic.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top