Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2005 6:03:57 PM EDT
My 17 yr. old son &  I will be in Phoenix for Thanksgiving .  We'd like to get away from the rest of the family (all non-shooters) one day & rent full auto (he's shot an mp5 before).  Any place to go in the Phoenix area?  Would he be allowed to shoot?  
Thanks, doc
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:04:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe try the Az home forum too.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:08:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Two of the local ranges rent full auto.

Shooter world in Central Phoenix

Scottsdale Gun Club in Scottsdale.

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:59:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Scottsdale Gun Club has post 86 samples to rent. Shooter's World does not have rental subguns, but are full auto friendly.

If I were still in Phx, I'd invite you out to shoot some with my friends there. We have everything from a Thompson, Macs, M16's of all flavors, MP5,  G3's, 1919's and even an M2 sometimes.

SGC has all the popular models, G18, AUG, TMP's, M16's MP5's...

Good luck and enjoy Phx. What part are you going to be close to? Go see the guys at Dillon. You might get to see a real M134 Minigun up close.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:01:21 PM EDT
[#4]
God, I want to shoot a Thompson one of these days.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:08:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Scottsdale Gun Club has post 86 samples to rent. Shooter's World does not have rental subguns, but are full auto friendly.

If I were still in Phx, I'd invite you out to shoot some with my friends there. We have everything from a Thompson, Macs, M16's of all flavors, MP5,  G3's, 1919's and even an M2 sometimes.

SGC has all the popular models, G18, AUG, TMP's, M16's MP5's...

Good luck and enjoy Phx. What part are you going to be close to? Go see the guys at Dillon. You might get to see a real M134 Minigun up close.

Will you be my new best friend

When you come back to AZ to visit let me know.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:59:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Will you be my new best friend

When you come back to AZ to visit let me know.

Dude,

I'm coming back to LIVE after Grampa kicks it.

My biz partner owns an M11-9 that is suppressed as well. And I was kind of a member of Drunk Machinegunners Club, by default. My partner is a member and therefore they accepted me. I know they get a bad time around here, but if any of them are actually drinking, they don't shoot or touch the guns. However, any of them will bend over backwards to let you shoot thier toys. They are a real nice bunch of guys.

In one day, I shot a 1921 Tommy, Mac 9, Mac 10, G3 full auto, a couple of M16's, a 1919 and a Grizzly .50 BMG 2000+ yards away. This was after bumping a Star Astra 9mm pistol and a 1911, just to prove I could. This was done at a private ranch out by Globe.

Damn, I miss AZ.

Sure, you could be my buddy. You would have loved me when I was working at the gun shop....

Alan.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:19:28 AM EDT
[#7]
rtech, thanks for the recommendations.  My brother moved there last year near 48th & I-10 I think (haven't been yet).  I'll have use of a car when I'm there so I can pretty much go where ever.  When I lived in Tucson 20+ years ago a co-worker had a Thompson that we'd take out to a gravel pit near the dragway & motocross track off houghton rd. that may or may not exist anymore.  He had a buddy with an m16 that would join us now & then.

Thanks all with the tips.  Anymore, just keep 'em coming.  Must see gunshops besides Shooter's World & Scottsdale Gun Glub?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top