Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2002 10:06:57 PM EDT
Just saw part of this pointless show & turned it off..   Pretty much the whole thing was students protesting, getting teargassed, throwing rocks & molotov cocktails.  Programmed in a kind of MTV attitude, as if all this is KEWL!
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 10:32:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Max Ex is one of my favorite reality shows.

The voice-over announcer pretty much slams the people in the videos for their stupidity throughout the entire show.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 10:34:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe theres a lot of sarcasm I missed.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 10:45:10 PM EDT
[#3]
What, are you kidding?  I just watched it for the first time today.  They have some excellent footage.  Mob violence is always my favorite reality tv footage, and there was a whole hour of it.

The commentary is dumb, and it's a pretty dumb show, but you got to love footage of guys on fire from molotov cocktails, environmentalists getting drums of nuclear waste dropped onto their Zodiacs, French commandos teargassing Greenpeace crews, dumb hippies taking direct sprays of mace to the eyes and learning the cops weren't busted afterwards after the torture.

Link Posted: 8/11/2002 10:54:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I love that show.  They get some great footage and totally rip on the idiots.

USPC40

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/line.gif[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 11:06:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, a few nights ago they did a show about "America's Youth" that had a bunch of desert ravers getting doped up.  One of the Mexicans was high on "everything" and they had a little screen blurb that said "Future Gun Lobby President."  The show is seriously anti.  It's funny for the stupidity of the folks in the videos (ironically, most of them are probably raving liberals), but the show is very liberal.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 12:28:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The show is seriously anti.  It's funny for the stupidity of the folks in the videos (ironically, most of them are probably raving liberals), but the show is very liberal.
View Quote

Do you come to that conclusion from watching that one episode?  I've been watching the show for the last couple of seasons and I've seen them make fun of almost everyone, including liberals.  I've even seen them make pro-gun comments.  Whatever fits the footage.  Loosen up.  It's comedy, not political commentary.

USPC40

[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]

Link Posted: 8/12/2002 12:30:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Did you read my entire post?
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 12:33:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Did you read my entire post?
View Quote

Yup.

USPC40

Link Posted: 8/12/2002 5:56:36 AM EDT
[#9]
I do not consider my weekend complete until I watch this show then go to bed.  They do indeed rip on anything, I've never noticed a slant, perhaps one towards OUR side if anything.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 7:43:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Obviously there are differing opinions about this show.  If & when I see it again, I'll look for an all around  mockery of idiots, bit in this segment, it looked/sounded like they were rooting for the idiots doing stuff like tossing a molotov into a cop truck, etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top