Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 5/19/2005 8:29:31 PM EDT
Our local CBS affiliate(Indianapolis) has been running spots all evening about a supposed drug den on city property. I just happened to walk back by the TV when the story started. The reporter and camera man went to the abandoned mental hospital and found one of the buildings open. They showed some pics of a bunch of furniture thrown everywhere. They then showed an old chair. The chair had some cloth strips around it and some syringes on the floor. They said the cloth strips were for tourniquets. Then they gave a close up of the syringes. The all said "FOR ORAL USE ONLY" and of course had no needles. The reporter went on and on about how dangerous this was that it was happening on city property. They promised that they would get a response from the city and demand answers, or something like that. It just facinates me what passes muster these days. Do they think I am a complete moron?
Sorry, I just had to rant. Today this, tomorrow five guns will be an arsenal.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:31:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CitizenKane:
Our local CBS affiliate(Indianapolis) has been running spots all evening about a supposed drug den on city property. I just happened to walk back by the TV when the story started. The reporter and camera man went to the abandoned mental hospital and found one of the buildings open. They showed some pics of a bunch of furniture thrown everywhere. They then showed an old chair. The chair had some cloth strips around it and some syringes on the floor. They said the cloth strips were for tourniquets. Then they gave a close up of the syringes. The all said "FOR ORAL USE ONLY" and of course had no needles. The reporter went on and on about how dangerous this was that it was happening on city property. They promised that they would get a response from the city and demand answers, or something like that. It just facinates me what passes muster these days. Do they think I am a complete moron?
Sorry, I just had to rant. Today this, tomorrow five two guns will be an arsenal.

fixed that part for ya.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:58:57 PM EDT
Many times, the news media will also mislead people by omitting critical "buts," "ands," & "ors." They are lying by omission. So what else is new with the news media.
Top Top