Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/25/2006 5:52:42 AM EDT
..were our friends.

Sure does'nt look that way.

Too dumb to hotlink, see 'AR15.com' in General Firearms Discussions.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:58:01 AM EDT
[#1]
The only funny thing is that a majority of posters over there are also members here and try their best to cater to the masses.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:02:35 AM EDT
[#2]
http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=3c93a32fe375cc277867bbcb1c3d923f&threadid=165807

for the lazy.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:07:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:07:13 AM EDT
[#4]
"I haven't posted anything for months because I just don't have the post count or the gear to be taken seriously."

BTW, he's doing this because he knows we can see it, but he doesn't have the balls to say it here.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:08:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Never been there.

Is it like some board where many members are rejects from here and they spend all their time complaining about sand in crevices? That seems to be a popular message type forum. Almost every board has an alternate board made up of imitators and complainers.

ETA read it. Some of the guys comments were dead on about the gear queens we have here. ETA again, wow, I agree about the post count thing too, post count indicators are stupid. There are MANY folks here who think having more posts or time on board are an indicator of expertise.

Still, I am hanging here, seems much more fun.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:10:58 AM EDT
[#7]
and of all people to say we're kiddies, it's Mr. Superior Race, McUZI. that's hypocritical to the extreme right there.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:11:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:11:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:15:50 AM EDT
[#10]

A thread bashing ar15.com and look who one of the first to chime in is:  our old buddy McUzi!
What a fucking shock...
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:17:28 AM EDT
[#11]
That thread if funny talking about the pot callling the kettle black.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:19:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Who gives a shit?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:33:40 AM EDT
[#13]
No FAL for me.

Max
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:39:29 AM EDT
[#14]
My dog is better than your dog...
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:46:11 AM EDT
[#15]
There is so much cross-pollination between the various gun boards, that "board wars" are kind of silly.  Myself, I'm a member of quite a few different boards, as well as a moderator.  

There are dufus's and annoying people on every board. I don't know of any that do not fit that description.  Heck, I've even had my arfcom account locked back around 2001, and we all know how righteous I am

Badmouthing the members of another website is a sure sign that you need to step away from the computer and actually participate in the real world.   On that note, I think I'll go and take the kids to the park...
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:54:45 AM EDT
[#16]
I have uniformly found the 308 crowd to be silly about the 5.56.  They want to believe that 223 bullets will bounce off of their he-manly chests at 400 yds.  I'd really, really like to see them try it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:57:24 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
A thread bashing ar15.com and look who one of the first to chime in is:  our old buddy McUzi!
What a fucking shock...

meh, a lot of what he said is true:

I agree that there is a very pronounced kiddie contingent over there, but that shit is firmly quashed by the immense base of knowledge the site offers any prospective members.

It's easy to bitch about a website when it's as successful and popular as AR15.com since it offers so much to bitch about, but you can't ignore all the good stuff about it too...

...Believe it or not, there are a large number of people whose "lives" are AR15.com. Can you even imagine? Sad as it is, it's so very true...

...the intense emotional investment some people have in that website never ceases to amaze me.

*shrugs* Regardless, both sites are useful to me but I spend more time here on account of the superior entertainment value.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:00:40 AM EDT
[#18]
I've been lurking on both for a few years now. I have to say that in my limited experience, it does seem like Arfcom threads turn vicious a lot more easily than FALFiles threads do. I leave the reasons as an exercise in speculation for those who care to waste the time on it. FALfilers seem to be more mellow, in general, than many Arfcommers. Full disclosure, I'm a member of both forums, albeit not a paid member, and I prefer the FAL to the AR for reasons not germaine to this discussion.

I suspect Sayeret Tzanhanim (1200+ posts to my 50+ posts) probably got farthammered pretty hard in some thread on the GD forum, took it personally, and decided to vent at FAL Files. I don't know. GD is a pretty off-the-hook forum, but that's why I enjoy it so much. I get endless supplies of stupid humor, videos, and very occasionally some good news items there. But the signal to noise ratio in GD leans heavily to the "noise" end. If you don't like that, don't go there.

Arfcom's other forums, for the most part, are a lot more sober-minded. Tremendously useful to me during the years I owned an AR of one sort or another.

Avoid a board war, it doesn't serve any good purpose. The two forums have a lot of overlapping membership, and shit-stirring definitely doesn't help EBR owners of any sort.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:03:45 AM EDT
[#19]
We should take them over with our superior accessories and our availability of more handguard options!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:07:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Wow they are a lot like us! All kinds of name calling and ignorant comments. I almost forgot where I was. Oh well to each his own. Freedom of speech is a great thing isn't it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:17:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Has there been an influx of younger posters? I definitely think so.  

Are there trolls and retards?  Absolutely

But they are mostly in the GD area.  Thats what GD is for.  Its also entertaining and fun.  I dont take it too seriously and have more then once laughed my ass off enough that my GF thought I was nuts.

What does bother me are the people that act like experts but really dont know shit or google stuff. I have spouted about stuff I have no idea about but I wont press the issue if ANdy for example tells me my stuff is out of date or not correct.  If Rodent tells me stuff about flying commercial planes, I believe him.

One other thing are the retards that post, this is a stupid thread.  If you dont like it why read it? Let alone post in the thread?  Thos guys are true dumbasses and should be banned.

So the take home message is if it bothers you what hang out here, go somewhere else.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:21:34 AM EDT
[#22]
I agree with JimBeam... this place was much better circa 1999. Particularily if Tim wasn't around (or maybe if the owners never promoted him to MOD status).  I wonder what ever happened to my fellow Finish ARFCOMer who was the MOD for maintenance and cleaning?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:31:40 AM EDT
[#23]

Sayeret Tzanhanim wrote:

The prevelant bunch of niinja-pundits criticize any deviation from what they declare fashion-tactical
"You need to get rid of that piece of crap"
"Thats junk, what you need is..."

He must have come here with a Mini-14 question!  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:43:48 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
..were our friends.

Sure does'nt look that way.

Too dumb to hotlink, see 'AR15.com' in General Firearms Discussions.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:53:11 AM EDT
[#25]

Sayeret Tzanhanim wrote:

The prevelant bunch of niinja-pundits criticize any deviation from what they declare fashion-tactical

Why ask a question about the quality of a firearm or accessory if you get upset if someone thinks that something else might be a better option.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:57:22 AM EDT
[#26]
How much do you want to bet it was that dude that posted his collection and got bent when people started asking him questions and teasing him about it.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:05:20 AM EDT
[#27]
I am on both, and like both.  [yeah, I know that makes me a switch-hitter..]

ArfCom was the seed of the single most important firearms epiphany I have ever had:  MAGPUL FOLLOWERS.  No other gun related product has had as much of a profound effect on me.  [they turned a nice but poorly functioning rifle into my favorite rifle because it works so well.]

Falfiles was the source of the largest firearms related debacle I have ever experienced [that whole grenadier precision thing]

I like ArfCom's interface better [personal preference]

I like Falfiles because of their information, and have actually met FalFiles members in person.  FalFiles info has been invaluable to me.  

The only ArfCom member I met was on accident when I ran into the PKfirearms dude up in Pekin one day.

I think Arfcom should have a 20 character minumum on posts, or allow silent "tagging".

I think Falfiles should update their software from the 80's.

I have an Olympic CAR and a Hesse FAL, both are uniformly decried as being substandard, but both work flawlessly, and are my 2 favorite guns.  The moral of the story is twofold:
#1 do not believe every thing you read on the internet
#2 that ben franklin quote about: we must hang togeather or we will hang separately..
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:07:14 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What a fucking shock...

meh, a lot of what he said is true:

Oh, I agree.  It's just funny how he turns up here and in threads regarding this place so often.  
It's like Brokeback Internet:  "Arfcom, why can't I quit you?"
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:10:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Yeah, that's it start a board war that would accomplish a lot.

Folks in the gun community just need to learn to get along. Read my sigline...
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:13:43 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Being able to get along was my point.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:30:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Well, I hope they don't expect us to bail them out when the zombies invade.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:22:28 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Being able to get along was my point.

This is not directed at you, just an observation browsing the boards.

Being new to this board and others besides firearms, it's disheartening to see how some folks that aren't as knowledgeable or have the ultra new latest fashion in guns or accessories are treated on these boards, too bad really.

My shit is better than yours, you ain't shit unless you have an AR-15, AK-47, FAL, H&K or whatever, c'mon not everybody has the financial capabilities to acquire the best greatest newest rifle or gear. Some folks might only be able to afford a NEF Handi-Rifle, at least they are a gunowner and an allie, not the enemy.

The FalFiles thread is a little hypocritical, IMO.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:29:40 AM EDT
[#33]
Hey, I've seen the gear snobs shit on people here incessantly over knock off and lesser-name brands.   As if paying a lot more money for their name brand stuff comes with the right ot be a dickhead about it.  

But that's far from really really common.  There are a lot of great people here, who go way out of their way to share knowledge and be very helpful to people they don't even know.  I've felt the 'ARFCOM Family' in effect many times.  

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:33:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Jeeze...it's almost Jr. High.

We are so much better and cooler than those guys. They are so immature.

I think I'll go over there and post "I know you are but what am I?"
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:40:15 AM EDT
[#35]
they are right on about the party line thing.

- Dissendent, aka
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:02:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:27:21 AM EDT
[#37]
I read the thread. Some of the criticism is well founded. Arfcom does have an abundance of pin heads. With so many members, there is bound to be. This sight does atract a lot of kids as well.
All gun boards have their share of anti social, tin foil hat, militia wackos and arfcom is no exception.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:33:30 AM EDT
[#38]
He's not too far off base, at times he's pretty close.

But ARFCOM is and will always be the best damn forum- PERIOD.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:41:50 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
they are right on about the party line thing.

- Dissendent, aka

No, they aren't and neither are you.  You don't get banned or censored for being a dissident here.  You get mocked, but that's the risk you take when you spout stuff that people consider outrageous.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:47:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Those guys sound a bit full of themselves.

BOARD WAR!!!!

j/k
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:48:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:58:05 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
WELL THEY HAVE ONE THING RIGHT.

GD is overrun with idiots and kids.

For sure.
As stated, it used to be a better site. ARFCOM that is. Still a good place but overrun as said.

Other than that it is sad to see them think that and a perfect example of how we will not stick together.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:00:02 PM EDT
[#43]
falfiles.com's forum may not look as good cosmetically, but it does allow anonymous bozos to search without paying up front.  Probably eliminates a few basic/repetitious questions from newbies, and the "tag for later" posts.  I think Fal files isn't as active as it was a year or two ago, with all the FAL kits and receivers moving up in price ( a combination of ATF rulings and not much in the way of new production; neither factor affecting the AR15 platform)

Both boards have a certain percentage of argumentative types, maybe I would say Falfiles more leans towards the crusty geezer know-it-all side, ar15.com probably the young hot-head know-it-all side.

If you want to see a mature and mellow board with a minimum of acrimony, visit 1919a4.com :)  Even they have an occassional dust-up over a vendor or some kind of buffoon.

They're all good in their own way, but like anything on the Internet (or in life) please apply your BS filter when viewing the content contained within.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:29:22 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm gonna take my airsoft rifles and uber-black tac gear and train hard.  I'm talking really hard, like in my Buds video.

And when the SHTF day comes and those FAL jerks come looking for food and guns 'n stuff I'm gonna laugh at 'em.

Yea, I'm gonna laugh at 'em all.

Bastards.

(who really gives a shit )
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:41:37 PM EDT
[#45]
I have no "favorite" board but I bet there's members here that would agree with some of the points in that thread.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:50:17 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I have no "favorite" board but I bet there's members here that would agree with some of the points in that thread.  

+1

tap tag
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:21:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Hey, what do you expect from them. After I got a hold of their women they laugh and call them "Needle dick the bug fucker".

J/K FAL guys!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:30:06 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Sayeret Tzanhanim wrote:

He must have come here with a Mini-14 question!  

Now that's funny!!  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:37:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Just because the FAL is ten times the rifle an AR is, doesnt mean that their forum is better than ours.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:45:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Okay, seeing how I started all of this, Ill clarify a few things:
I have been a member of both forums for about four years now. Ive not kicked in contributions to either - not out of principle or anything but becasue i'm a procrastinating asshole.
I have never posted "my collection" and had it trashed.
There seem to be more of the hurt-pussy syndrome on ARF.com than at the Files, although we have had our share.
Soneone said the Files has more geezers and ARF has more hot-heads. That's a fair estimation.
I find both forums benefical and intend to kick in some cash to both (when I around to it, that is)
What pisses me off is the loyalty to the point of abrasiveness some of the LMT coffe clatch and the Bushmaster amen corner have toward those products.
Im getting a LW upper because I want one not because they are the new shiny object.
I have an Olympic CAR-15 not becasue I can'tafford anything else but because it was a gift from my father. I found out it "runs like a spotted-ass monkey"
So that is where my loyalty lies - what works.
There is a lot of Action-guy chic out there. Speaking as a former SF guy, I think we are the worst about it. As a secuirty contractor, I KNOW contractors are the worst about obtaining the latest little widget to hang on yer gun.
Having said all that, There is an old SF saying, "it aini't stupid if it works"
I recently particiapted in a multi-page heated debate as to how many rounds to put in a 30 round mag. Lots of hurt pussy over that one. What a waste of my time
So, in closing, I'm not a troll and I have and have used  AR-family and FAL weapons
The hurt-pussy contingent on ARF.com needs to grow the fuck up.
I intend to stick around both for a long time (unless I get banned over the LMT thing)
ST
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top