Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2005 10:09:04 PM EDT
I've never played CounterStrike because it's not real. Why pretend to shoot an M-4 or a Desert Eagle when I own the weapons in real life?

I was talking to a co-worker who's pretty smart about computers. He's got his head screwed on straight about life, not a typical slacker. He's about 10 years younger than me. We talk about guns every once in a while. That's when his ignorance shines.. He's curious to see if the M-4/M-16 aren't more accurate than they are portrayed in the game. He already knows they are modeled backwards in the game, thank goodness..

He keeps referring to the Desert Eagle as the "Deagle". Crap. He also heard from one of his CS buddies that the "deagle" doesn't kick much because it's muzzle heavy. He's determined to get a USP as his first gun because that's his second favorite pistol in the game, behind the .50 "deagle"..

I can't wait to get him in the backyard  and have him shoot my .44 Desert Eagle. I'll let him shoot it first after I demostrate safety and show him how to manipulate it, but I won't fire it first. I don't want to scare him by showing him how much it kicks when I shoot it. I don't care how big you are (I'm 6' 260 lbs) it is going to move some.

I'll have him help me hoof some plastic bottles downrange after we measure off some distances...if he survives...

I'll have some fun at his expense,(as everyone who owns a Desert Eagle does) but I hope to convert a CS geek into shooting real stuff instead of bragging about how he can make a headshot at 100 yards with a "Deagle".
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:20:19 PM EDT
[#1]
The Deagle is more effective if they dont have kevlar and a helmet. And if they have the sheild, forget about it.
Lets see....option B(buy) then 8 and 2....Might be 4, but I think thats for the grenade.
That said, the Deagle still does a number on people. The Elites are cool as hell but really weak, its headshot or nothing with those.
The AK is pinpoint accurate with the first shot, then goes to hell. The M4 is more accurate with sustained fire if you use the suppressor.

played too much CS back in the day. I havent played in probably a year or more and I STILL hate that fuckin shield.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:21:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Please relay to him the "deagle" kicks like a mule. I would compare it to a hot .44mag load in a revolver. Also, I would pay to see anyone unload a .50 as fast as you can in that game.

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:23:36 PM EDT
[#3]
It stopped being fun after Beta 5.................
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:26:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Having played CS for 5 years since the betas, and owning some firearms, there are tons of things you can point out wrong:

After reloading the M4 in CS, you pull back on the foward assist
All models are backwards
Full auto is easily controllable

etc etc etc... After he sees what the real thing is like, it'll wisen him up a bit.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:33:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I can't believe so many kiddies still play that game. Do the right thing and teach him to respect firearms.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:34:08 PM EDT
[#6]
please inform him that if he ever refers to it as a "deagle" again, that you'l go get your "Desert Eagle" and pistol whip his geeky ass.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:37:35 PM EDT
[#7]
You should film it and post the results here.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:38:05 PM EDT
[#8]
The 44 mag D.Eagles I've shot didn't really kick that much, kinda like a hot 45 ACP.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:39:20 PM EDT
[#9]
I have the same thing were I work with people that play CS. Friend of mine that plays CS, said something about the "Deagle" like a week ago. I didnt say anything.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:41:04 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

YES YES YES
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:42:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Tell him the reason his "deagle" gets headshots at 100 yards is because of the disproportionally large head hitbox .
That being said, I play counter strike for fun, not because I want it to be real. All the weapon discrepancies annoy the shit out of me... like the Steyr AUG being 7.62 nato, along with the AK47.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:46:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

www.lookatentertainment.com/nneu231nd1zd823/vids/v-222.wmv
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:49:09 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Tell him the reason his "deagle" gets headshots at 100 yards is because of the disproportionally large head hitbox .
That being said, I play counter strike for fun, not because I want it to be real. All the weapon discrepancies annoy the shit out of me... like the Steyr AUG being 7.62 nato, along with the AK47.

The headshot hit box PISSES ME OFF.

Fuckers with MP5's getting headshots at 150 yards and shit.

Course, thats why I dont play it anymore.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:51:28 PM EDT
[#14]
I wish I had $1500 so I could buy an MP5
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:04:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Id load that Desert Eagle with one round if I was you.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:06:30 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I wish I had $1500 so I could buy an MP5

yeah but at the ammo cost hell no.
what is it like 2 dollers a round in CS. or someshit like that.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:20:01 AM EDT
[#17]
My bud from work finally made it to the house to shoot some. He actually met me in town at a gun store so I could show him some of what is availablem I had sent him some links to some reviews on the Kahr P40 and the Para-Ordinance CCO and such..Those are a few examples of what I'm wanting to get for my wife and myself for CCW.

He liked the P40 a lot. We both freaked at the S&W .460 they had. He thought it was crazy to have such a large handgun available. I explained to him that a lot of guys want to stretch out deer seasons as much as they can and some of them like to hunt larger game with handguns..He actually had intelligent questions and he respected the firearms. I just had to keep reminding him to keep his finger off the trigger. He showed real good muzzle discipline, though. He shot a .22 rifle at scout camp ten years ago or so..

After lunch we went to the wittcave and I pulled out the weapons we were going to shoot and few other interesting ones..

I started him out with my Taurus 62 pump. He loved it. He was natural, he was real good with it, but it's a real accurate rifle. Then we shot my Ruger Mark 2. He did well with it as well. We shot .22's for the most part.

We then shot my Ruger P94 in .40 S&W. He did okay with it. He didn't want to shoot my Desert Eagle. I showed him how it was possible to fire it with one hand, but since I out weigh him by 100 pounds and I still showed some signs of muzzle whip and recoil, he gained some respect for it.

He also respected my Bushmaster M4. I've got an Eotech and a LaRue BUIS installed. I took the Eotech off so he could try it with irons first. I'm no ballistician by any means, but when a paint can full of water and a milkjug turn themselves inside out when they are hit by a bullet, it's pretty cool!

My kids bus came in but I didn't want to emasculate him by letting my 8-daughter out shoot him with the M-4...

I think it will be easier to get him over here the next time so we have more time to shoot AR's and hopefully at 50 and 100 yards to see what we can do. I'll also introduce him to the dark side and shoot SKS's and shotguns.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:30:20 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I can't wait to get him in the backyard  and have him shoot my .44 Desert Eagle.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:59:51 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Please relay to him the "deagle" kicks like a mule. I would compare it to a hot .44mag load in a revolver. Also, I would pay to see anyone unload a .50 as fast as you can in that game.

-Foxxz

I can fire a decent hammer with a .44 cal Desert Eagle

I wouldn't have believed it till I tried it. I wouldn't think it would hit anything beyond 2 or 3 yards though.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:29:26 PM EDT
[#20]
CS is fun but HF2 and Battlefield 2 blow it out of the water.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:26:45 PM EDT
[#21]
I despise CS with the intensity of the sun.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:38:30 PM EDT
[#22]
I almost bought Half-Life 2 just for CounterStrike last week. One of my buddy's friends claimed that a local store had it for $20...Luckily, he was wrong or talking out his butt and I saved $20..

I have plenty of games I've suffered buyer's remorse from that cost $20.

$20=ammo or nearly a couple of extra mags or a half tank of gas or any number of things...The $20 is the new dollar, thanks to inflation..I'll buy that for a twenty!

I jokingly suggested having my wife's Stagarms left handed AR engraved "CS-15 CounterStrike Edition" because it's just like the M-4 in the game with all the controls "backwards"..That kills me..what were they thinking?

I forgot, he actually asked me to take the Eotech off so he could use the irons, but he liked it a lot..
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:39:54 PM EDT
[#23]
YEAH!!!   Scare that little prick so much he hates guns after this!   Yeah!
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:45:17 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
played too much CS back in the day.

Same here... I pwned so bad with the USP that I got accused of hacking at least once a week.  Gave up because I was sick of playing against 10 year olds.

BF42/Desert Combat is my current addiction.  I love shooting choppers out of midair with an Abrams, and at least I'm up against 13 year olds.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:06:05 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
YEAH!!!   Scare that little prick so much he hates guns after this!   Yeah!

Oh no..he loves shooting, just not the Desert Eagle..I don't blame him. He only weights 140 and he's 6"4. He probably has bird bones..

He learned a whole lot from this experience and knows that he doesn't know. Now he takes everything he reads on the Internet with a grain of salt..I had to learn the same way, but luckily I learned before I was gun buying age..He's leadable CS players to go.

Adopt a CS player today and show them the errors of their ways..
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:08:38 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
played too much CS back in the day.

Same here... I pwned so bad with the USP that I got accused of hacking at least once a week.  Gave up because I was sick of playing against 10 year olds.

BF42/Desert Combat is my current addiction.  I love shooting choppers out of midair with an Abrams, and at least I'm up against 13 year olds.

I prefer the mans weapon, the knife.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top