Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2002 11:41:17 AM EDT
   I was in my local "hunting only" gun store buying a couple cleaning brushes because the store only caters to the bolt action hunting and shotgun crowd. I saw several Hbar used colt AR's on the used rack and thought interesting ??  The owner had purchased 5 preban AR's from a woman getting rid of her dead husbands guns... The shop paid her like 300 -350 per gun knowing nothing about them being preban. The idiot is selling them for asking prices around 500 each, with a really clean ( maybe unfired ) colapseable one for 575.  I looked a couple overe and they have the stuff that makes them preban and they have the old grey ish finish. I am sure they are at least 15 years old. Unfortunately I only had room on the plastic for one of them. Somebody is going to get a deal of a lifetime on the four left.... damn , I wish I had some more money laying around. The stupid store owner knows nothing about their value...
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 11:46:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
   I was in my local "hunting only" gun store buying a couple cleaning brushes because the store only caters to the bolt action hunting and shotgun crowd. I saw several Hbar used colt AR's on the used rack and thought interesting ??  The owner had purchased 5 preban AR's from a woman getting rid of her dead husbands guns... The shop paid her like 300 -350 per gun knowing nothing about them being preban. The idiot is selling them for asking prices around 500 each, with a really clean ( maybe unfired ) colapseable one for 575.  I looked a couple overe and they have the stuff that makes them preban and they have the old grey ish finish. I am sure they are at least 15 years old. Unfortunately I only had room on the plastic for one of them. Somebody is going to get a deal of a lifetime on the four left.... damn , I wish I had some more money laying around. The stupid store owner knows nothing about their value...
View Quote

Where in wisconsin?

Link Posted: 4/1/2002 11:47:51 AM EDT
[#2]
If it wasn't April first it might actually be worth driving out there!
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 11:48:25 AM EDT
[#3]
NOOOO [>(]
this must be an april fools joke.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 11:50:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 11:51:37 AM EDT
[#5]
arghhh, I forgot the date.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 11:54:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Bastage!  [:P]

Disregard my frantic email.  [:D]
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 11:56:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 11:56:54 AM EDT
[#8]
definately cruel....  but if your not kidding... hook me up with info... [:D]

Link Posted: 4/1/2002 12:01:01 PM EDT
[#9]
and I was getting ready to drive up to three hours and max out my credit card tonight. oy.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 2:37:22 PM EDT
[#10]
[pissed]
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 3:20:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice work quantico, you got a few.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 3:26:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Dang
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 9:13:29 PM EDT
[#13]
 I just sent out 31 emails to folks that frantically needed the address, phone number etc. I am sorry it was a cruel thing to do. I just bought cruel intentions the movie and guess I got got carried away. That plus SteyrAug won't let me train in his girlfriend ... like in the movie. If it makes you feel better , my story is based on me finding a case of brand new HK-91's and 93's after the 1986 ban. And yes I bought them all. Things like this do actually happen, just not very often... especially around the first of april.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 9:24:52 PM EDT
[#14]
I hope that the moderators get busy and lock all of the April 1st topics. Just imagine people searching and not paying attention to the dates.. [:)]
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 9:31:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
 I just sent out 31 emails to folks that frantically needed the address, phone number etc. I am sorry it was a cruel thing to do. I just bought cruel intentions the movie and guess I got got carried away. That plus SteyrAug won't let me train in his girlfriend ... like in the movie. If it makes you feel better , my story is based on me finding a case of brand new HK-91's and 93's after the 1986 ban. And yes I bought them all. Things like this do actually happen, just not very often... especially around the first of april.
View Quote

I think you meant the '89 ban. And I no longer have a girlfriend now that I'm married. Can I use yours?
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 9:38:15 PM EDT
[#16]
You cruel bastard!!!

But, stranger things have happened.

I picked up a P7M10 off an estate sale to a small TX gunshop for $650.

When I was in CO, I talked to a dealer who was trying to get ahold of a bunch of HKs (91,93,94) and a PSG1 from a dead guy's family.  The out of pocket cost for each were all under 1K, even for the PSG1!!!  He wanted to turn around and sell me the PSG1 for 10K, that's a nice hefty profit.

I'm sure this happens pretty often.

Needless to say, we should leave price tags on our guns for our loved ones, should we kick the bucket unexpectedly. [;)]
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 9:43:12 PM EDT
[#17]
... any shop owner worth his electric bill has a [b]Blue Book of Gun Values[/b] on hand.

... knuckleheads! Always looking for the deal. Thats cool. One time I DID find six (6) steel Sterling 30 round magazines taped together at a yard sale.
I took them all off the widows' hands for $20 total.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 9:47:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
... Needless to say, we should leave price tags on our guns for our loved ones, should we kick the bucket unexpectedly. [;)]
View Quote

Haha, that reminds me of the scene in [b]Evolution[/b] when they're running though the mall with price tags still on the weapons "borrowed" from the fun store.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 5:41:43 AM EDT
[#19]
About a year ago, we paid $525 for a NIB preban Colt AR in 7.62x39...  It was sold within a couple of hours!
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 7:24:58 AM EDT
[#20]
SteyrAug, you are correct sir... I bought a lot of HK's after the 89 ban. The gunshop was packed with people and the HK's were no more and after I put my name on the list for them ( like number 2000 ) or so... I mentioned that I would be thrilled to find either the A2 or the A3 configurations.... the guy said... "well we have a case of the A3's.....everyone has asked for the fixed stock. I got a price and bought a case of the A3 stocked 91's and 93's. I can't believe that the guy never thought to tell the last 2000 people trying to get an Hk that they had some left in back with the collapseable stock...?????
     But in any case I was thrilled to buy them all. When the other folks in the gun shop saw me buying all of them I thought I might need to use them to get to my car !!!!   I only kept one 91 for myself... now I wish I had kept another one.
   As to my girlfriend.... I think I will keep her to myself. She is only 26 , and has little to no wear on her yet.  After a few years with me ... now being angry and cynical... I am sure she will gravitate toward you anyhow.....lol
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 2:45:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Needless to say, we should leave price tags on our guns for our loved ones, should we kick the bucket unexpectedly. [;)]
View Quote

This is a very good idea and I'd hate to see my shit go for pennies on the dollar.  I might have to come back as a ghost!

Can't get the stupid area above the icon off!  I have to edit my new ghost icon...finish this crap later![img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid13/p22948ac3d655bf6f8676655317cf380e/fdd482f3.gif[/img][img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid13/p73674f7618290a5e2247fa1b1f877a2a/fdd48b1f.gif[/img][img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid13/p248584fd96d5d9567c096c44c7fc9ed7/fdd48179.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid18/pcb54d5ae3c3abe50d915067bde0a61c8/fdd3a1e7.gif[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top