Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2006 9:47:32 PM EDT
I went shooting Thursday. My rifle was a little off so I brought the target back to the 25 yard range and proceeded to do a BZO string. Anyways, Some fudder starts complaining that I am peppering his target back at the 100 yard range. I look at his target back at the 100 yard range and it is all white paper with 5 small black dots. Well I dont care that I am peppering his target with dirt because if he cant tell the difference between bullet holes and dirt, well thats his problem. Well I move my target back to the 100 yard raneg and get a good look at his target. His groups were about 3-4 moa, and this was with his scoped bolt rifle. I kinda chucked while looking over his target and made my way back to the firing line. Well we start shooting again I fire some strings at each of the 4 corners and the middle. Well I used up all my ammo and packed up and when the cease fire was called, walked out to get my target. Once again his target looked like it was shoot by a shotgun. Mine was shooting about 2-3 moa. I was supprised that I shot that bad but I attributed that to bad hand loads. Well I get home and take my rifle out to clean it. Whoops, my ACOG is loose and bouncing around. So even with loose optics I was shooting better than the fudder. Heres the best part. As I was walking up to put my target back I heard him say to the range officer that he couldnt shoot good cuz I was peppering his target.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:08:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Where were you shootin...if you dont mind me asking.?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:09:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Rio Salado
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:18:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Thats where I was headed this weekend but now its supposed to rain.
On a side note: I hear they dont allow automatic fire on sundays (for whatever reason), but do they allow the BMG and what kind of yardage do they go out to?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:24:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thats where I was headed this weekend but now its supposed to rain.
On a side note: I hear they dont allow automatic fire on sundays (for whatever reason), but do they allow the BMG and what kind of yardage do they go out to?

Correct. They said neighbors complained of the noise so no MG fire on sunday. The main range is 300 yards. The long range goes out to 600 yards and thats down by the gunsmith shack.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:23:37 PM EDT
[#5]
btt for day crew exposure.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:27:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Ever heard of paragraphs?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:28:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I went shooting Thursday. My rifle was a little off so I brought the target back to the 25 yard range and proceeded to do a BZO string. Anyways, Some fudder starts complaining that I am peppering his target back at the 100 yard range. I look at his target back at the 100 yard range and it is all white paper with 5 small black dots. Well I dont care that I am peppering his target with dirt because if he cant tell the difference between bullet holes and dirt, well thats his problem. Well I move my target back to the 100 yard raneg and get a good look at his target. His groups were about 3-4 moa, and this was with his scoped bolt rifle. I kinda chucked while looking over his target and made my way back to the firing line. Well we start shooting again I fire some strings at each of the 4 corners and the middle. Well I used up all my ammo and packed up and when the cease fire was called, walked out to get my target. Once again his target looked like it was shoot by a shotgun. Mine was shooting about 2-3 moa. I was supprised that I shot that bad but I attributed that to bad hand loads. Well I get home and take my rifle out to clean it. Whoops, my ACOG is loose and bouncing around. So even with loose optics I was shooting better than the fudder. Heres the best part. As I was walking up to put my target back I heard him say to the range officer that he couldnt shoot good cuz I was peppering his target.

To be fair, if you are sighting in a rifle or something, someone elses' richochets putting holes in your target can be really annoying.  I've had that happen to me.  I didn't complain to the guy or anything, but it was a distinctions that couldn't be seen with my scope - but only by seeing the target up close.

He might have been a bit of an ass to make a big deal about it, but it can be quite distracting.  

Plus, his 4 MOA groups may have been moving the POI around with his scope.  I was doing that today, and as I was walking my scope onto the center, my target might have looked like I was shooting a huge ragged group, that that wasn't actually the case.

Not trying to give you a hard time - just providing the potneial other side of it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top