Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/19/2007 7:11:05 AM EDT
Maybe now the stupid woman that was paying more attention to her phone call instead of driving will change her ways. I was heading to work this morning when a woman in a new Saturn SUV pull up in the turn lane. She was of course on her cell phone. She gets the green arrow and turns and I watch as she runs her SUV right into a steel light pole! Hit is damn hard as it ripped the right front wheel damn near off the truck. Maybe now she will learn to get a hands free or stop when she is on the phone?  I am not against cell phones and driving, but pay attention to the road instead of the conversation.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 7:19:43 AM EDT
[#1]

I hate it when people change avatars, but I do like your new Heavy Metal avatar!!  
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 7:39:28 AM EDT
[#2]
that won't be the story she tells her friends
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 7:50:13 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
that won't be the story she tells her friends

"That light pole in new there and it should be painted bright orange with flashing lights!"

or

"The idiot husband was out driving and ran into a light pole while making a tee time."
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 8:14:42 AM EDT
[#4]
"They put a new pole on the sidewalk I always take to work"
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 8:17:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I never ceases to amaze me that the folks who yack on the phone while driving are the same ones that can just barely handle their car when bearing down with their full attention and a helper monkey.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 8:23:59 AM EDT
[#6]
There was a thread about woman talking on thier cell phones while driving the other and I stated I see like 6 out of 10 people a day talking on the phoen so that night when I drove home I counted 4 men on their phones and I think I only saw 2 females. It makes me sick and scared to be on the road with these people. I always pull over or wait to make a call, nothing is that important.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 8:26:09 AM EDT
[#7]
The blue tooth ear piece thingy.  Works great :)  I don't know why more people don't use them considering there modest price tag. -g
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 8:34:31 AM EDT
[#8]
"People on 'ludes should not drive!"

I hate peple on cell phones while driving. I have been hit twice
while riding bicycle by idiots on the phone.

"Oh my, I'm so sorry, I didn't see you."
"I saw you, and you were talking on the phone."

I am glad for laws against driving and talking on the phone.
It is irresponsible, and dangerous. Pay attention to the road.
Are we not taught this in basic drivers ed?

Are we really that busy that it can't wait till you get home?
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 8:49:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Last week some douchebag nearly ran me off the freeway.
As I passed him, I looked to see if he was on the cell phone.

Nope.

He was on his laptop.  
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 8:52:29 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Last week some douchebag nearly ran me off the freeway.
As I passed him, I looked to see if he was on the cell phone.

Nope.

He was on his laptop.  

I drove by some asshole on his laptop while talking on the cell phone...and no, he didn't have a hands free earpeice thing for his phone....  
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 8:56:28 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

e?

What movie is that from?
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 9:21:29 AM EDT
[#12]
In no way am I bashing women in my post, it just happened to be a woman driving in this case. Men can be just as bad. I drive and use my cell phone, but my number one focus is driving. I do have and use a blue tooth hands free device and they are great! My car is a 6 speed manual and a hands free is a must.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 9:27:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Why do you think that she was driving a NEW vehicle?
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 9:28:15 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

e?

What movie is that from?

Fast times at Ridgement High
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top