Posted: 3/24/2006 4:26:45 PM EDT
I am always amazed at hollywood making a huge deal out of gun and car stuff

heres a few examples

Nitrous oxide in  Hooper
Mac SMG  in   McQ
Supercharger in Lone Wolf McQuade and Mad Max
KTW bullets in Lethal weapon 4

and of course the infamous GLOCK 7 inDie Hard 2

so what what is your favorite hollywood gun/car embelishment?

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:28:55 AM EDT
[#1]
There are so many I can hardly think of just one.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:39:50 PM EDT
[#2]
how about the scopes with all the blinky lights in the reticle, (Sniper)
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:07:35 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
how about the scopes with all the blinky lights in the reticle, (Sniper)

and you have to have random  scrolling numbers too
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:39:55 PM EDT
[#4]
What did they oversell about the MAC-10 in McQ? They pretty much stated rate-of-fire fact and then turned John Wayne loose with it. What glorious pre-PC advertising for a firearm! I believe it was the first screen appearance of the MAC, with Three Days of the Condor, Nighthawks and The Final Option not far behind. They were all pretty matter-of-fact about it, with no Never-Empty mags that I recall.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:12:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I love it when in any given low budget (or high budget, for that matter) action flick, the "ranger-seal-recon-swat-secret-government-operator" is sneaking around some compound in the middle of the night, and sets an explosive with a timer/remote.   He's all black faced, crawling thru the mud, with lax guards walking around smoking cigarettes and practically stepping on him.   Then he arms the charge, and it starts beeping and red lights start flashing.  He carefully sneaks away, leaving the hidden/camoflauged explosive charge beeping and flashing and doing a little two-step routine.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:58:41 AM EDT
[#6]
The propensity of automobiles to explode when they impact anything larger/more dense than a cornstalk.  Car hits car, car hits semi, car goes over cliff...BOOM!  Huge fireball.  It's like the people that make these movies have never seen a real car accident.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:16:11 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The propensity of automobiles to explode when they impact anything larger/more dense than a cornstalk.  Car hits car, car hits semi, car goes over cliff...BOOM!  Huge fireball.  It's like the people that make these movies have never seen a real car accident.

I really like it when a car drives off of a sheer cliff, and explodes in mid-air before impacting with anything.  It is really dramatic!  
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:52:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
What did they oversell about the MAC-10 in McQ? They pretty much stated rate-of-fire fact and then turned John Wayne loose with it. What glorious pre-PC advertising for a firearm! I believe it was the first screen appearance of the MAC, with Three Days of the Condor, Nighthawks and The Final Option not far behind. They were all pretty matter-of-fact about it, with no Never-Empty mags that I recall.

The big fat biker dude in Stop or My Mom Will Shoot said that you could cut down trees with a Mac 10... maybe saplings or something HAHA!

Then in the same movie, Sylvester Stallone shot a flying/moving wrecking ball's thick/heavy gauge cable with his 9mm pistol and severed the cable from the wrecking ball.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top