Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 9/30/2011 5:14:02 PM EST
I keep seeing the ads for the show Terra Nova on Fox. I haven't watched it, but from what I gather the world is coming to an end and the only way to save civilization is to time travel back.

So my question......

Why the blue fuck did they time travel back to the period of dinosaurs????? Hellooooooooo, anyone remember the huge fucking asteroid that killed off all the dinosaurs?????????

Wouldn't a better plan be to time travel back AFTER the huge fuckin' space rock creamed the planet?

Please explain the idea behind this.......
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:15:04 PM EST
Dinosaurs are freakin cool.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:15:34 PM EST
As I understand it Steven Spielberg demanded it be that way
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:16:43 PM EST
They opened up a worm hole but they didn't know how far back in time it went. I don't think they are able to control what time it goes to.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:18:17 PM EST

Originally Posted By wetpaint:
They opened up a worm hole but they didn't know how far back in time it went. I don't think they are able to control what time it goes to.

So SPOILER ALERT..... the giant rock that killed the dinosaurs is going to flatten them also.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:19:47 PM EST
not unless they build a giant bunker some where in russia and have enough supplies for the next 50 years.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:20:14 PM EST
Originally Posted By substandard:

So SPOILER ALERT..... the giant rock that killed the dinosaurs is going to flatten them also.

According to members who watched the pilot, they traveled back 20 million years before the asteroid hits. That should be enough time to figure something out.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:20:31 PM EST

From the other thread this was already explained... they arrived 85 million years ago, the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs was twenty million years later.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:20:45 PM EST
but now they're on a totally different timeline....so an asteroid may or may not hit in the reality that they exist in.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:21:28 PM EST

Originally Posted By the_outrider27:

According to members who watched the pilot, they traveled back 20 million years before the asteroid hits. That should be enough time to figure something out.

Ah. I guess that makes as much sense as anything else on TV.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:22:47 PM EST
Originally Posted By NoVaGator:
but now they're on a totally different timeline....so an asteroid may or may not hit in the reality that they exist in.

this 2.....

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:24:40 PM EST

Originally Posted By OhioLongRange:
Originally Posted By NoVaGator:

this 2.....

Does the butterfly effect apply to distant celestial objects?
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:32:54 PM EST
Asteroid was 65M years ago.
They went back 85M years.
Got 20M years to work it out.
No problem
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:39:47 PM EST
Originally Posted By AlphaTea:
Asteroid was 65M years ago.
They went back 85M years.
Got 20M years to work it out.
No problem

Just means they have 20 million years to fuck things up as badly as the place they left.

I watched maybe 15 minutes of the pilot. Sorry, I still think the show is all head and no beer.
Top Top