Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/20/2011 8:31:30 PM EDT
Lets keep gun stuff out of this one, because duh, everyone has gun stuff they want to do.

One thing I really really really want to do is restore my 1981 C10 truck.  Frame off restoration.  Build it back up with all new stuff, maybe do some suspension and engine upgrades.  Not because its a collectors truck, but because its MY truck, and I love it and it needs attention.

That is something I really want to do, but I would need a large garage, lots and lots of money, and several free months of time.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 8:34:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Photographic Expeditions with first rate professional photographers.  They are real expensive.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 8:34:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't have time to type that list.

Travel the world, for a start.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 8:35:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I would really like to get back into kart racing, but the closest track is 4 hours away.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 8:37:41 PM EDT
[#4]
class III firearms

ETA: hell, any firearms ATM. 2.5 years to go and my babies can get more than just "I'm on leave" attention!
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 8:37:54 PM EDT
[#5]
2 chicks at the same time.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 8:38:04 PM EDT
[#6]
travel more
get some lessons and actually learn to play golf
learn to fly an airplane
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 8:39:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

2 chicks at the same time.

I've always wanted to do that. And I figure if I had a million dollars, I could set something like that up.

Link Posted: 6/20/2011 8:39:34 PM EDT
[#8]
shit, i don't know.  A lot of stuff.  Like get married, own a house, have a family.

But what I'd really like to do is rebuild my grandfathers 69 chevy truck soon so we can both enjoy it while he is still around and able.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 8:41:04 PM EDT
[#9]
i want to go dove hunting in argentina.  Ill get there sooner or later.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 8:41:41 PM EDT
[#10]
I want to distill illegal moonshine liquor, and get good enough at it to make it worthwhile for me to put it up in barrels and make fine, aged sippin' whiskey.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 8:45:01 PM EDT
[#11]
SCUBA Dive Truk Lagoon

Link Posted: 6/20/2011 8:45:13 PM EDT
[#12]
1. Spend more time with Mom and Dad.  They are getting old these days, and we get along better than ever. But the Army consumes my life for another year or so.

2. Finish building my '63 Continental (in my avatar).  She needs a lot of work still.  Little stuff... but lots of it.  I don't have a garage or many tools where I am stationed.

3. Learn to fly a helicopter, or an airplane.  Would love to do both, but I'll settle for one or the other.  Again.. Army is holding me back for now.

4. Finish school and get a degree in Engineering (mechanical maybe?).  Have thought about the online thing, but field training doesn't allow for me to accomplish much.

5. Grow a kickass motherfuckin' beard.

6. Get my skydiving license. Airborne jumps and skydiving are two completely different worlds, brah.

7. Ride all over this country and others on a kickass dual-sport motorcycle, camping along the way.

8. Swim in the Arctic Ocean at Dead Horse, AK.

9. Travel the world.

10. Meet my wife, buy a house on a bunch of land, settle down, and have a kid or two after I accomplish everything else.

The Army (and money... or the lack thereof) has interfered with the majority of the things on my list.. but I've only got about another year left.  Once I'm out... it's on like donkey kong.  

Link Posted: 6/20/2011 8:46:22 PM EDT
[#13]
I'd go fishing a lot more. It's more a matter of having the time for it

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 8:46:42 PM EDT
[#14]
I'd like to travel around the world, but it would get in the way of school... oh and its expensive.

Link Posted: 6/20/2011 8:58:25 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

3 chicks at the same time.

Fixed, also class 3 guns, take my family on a cross country RV adventure.

Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:06:08 AM EDT
[#16]
travel to Asia (S. Korea, Japan, China). Then maybe Australia and South America
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:07:57 AM EDT
[#17]
I wish I had a spare garage bay for a project vehicle of some sort.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:08:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Have a life outside work
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:09:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Build a tracked vehicle from scratch.
Build a GPS guided lawn mower.
Build a hydrostatic "homeowner" utility vehicle that could take a mower deck, bucket, plow, tiller, etc, etc, be zero turn and accepts tracks of some kind or another and is powered by an AMC 258.  

Really, this list never ends.  Everyone talks about what they would do with their lottery winnings if they hit the powerball.  Women, travel, things they would buy, places they would go.  That's cool.  I'd build a workshop to damn all workshops and spend the rest of my life as a redneck mad scientist.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:12:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Fully equipped woodshop - jointer, planer, lathe, bandsaw, 5 HP cabinet saw, big drill press...

I know one of you guys is going to post pics to make me jealous
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:12:17 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

i want to go dove hunting in argentina.  Ill get there sooner or later.

My old man wants to do that before he dies.  He says a buddy of his goes every year.

The guides/helpers sell you shells by the case.

Personally, I would love to take my wife all over Europe.  I had a great time doing it when I was stationed over there.

ETA: They also recommend to bring multiple shotguns per shooter for equipment failures.  They shoot that much.

Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:13:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Race the Baja 1000 in both a truck and on a motorcycle.  Race the enduro at erzburg.  Build my own airplane (as in design it and build it for myself).  Travel the world.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:16:48 AM EDT
[#23]
To have one of these and actually be able to afford the upkeep and the money to fish it. Its a Spencer offshore fishing yacht.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:18:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu I'm gettin older and work a really goofy schedule but thats somethin I've always wanted to do

Hike to Everest base camp. . . . or higher
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:20:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Build a complete shooting center in my back yard... with a square range, shoot house, etc.  <sigh>
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:22:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Buy some land in an isolated wooded area of Montana and build a log cabin.
Take my family out for summer vacations in said cabin and spend the summer like the pioneers lived.
Teach my sons to build dugout canoes and hunt and trap like the fur traders did in the 1840's using
the old ways and tools of the time.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:22:38 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

This.

Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:23:21 AM EDT
[#28]

anything to be perfectly honest. life has been tough on the budget the last couple years...

i've been saving my pennies for a unimog and haven't gotten all too far. me and a friend are having a fun shoot for a bunch of locals in a month. i think the ammo will eat up all of the year's fun money.

Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:24:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Have a life outside work

AMEN.

Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:24:52 AM EDT
[#30]
I would love to work less, I don't need the money of a 40 hour week, just one extra day off a week.

And with the extra time, I would take more day trips around Colorado. I have been here since the early 70's but still need to see so much of the state.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:26:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:33:01 AM EDT
[#32]
I'd love to own a home in Nevada

Finish all of my project vehicles

Go back to the carribbean for a while

See red square, singapoe, maldives, vietnam, spain etc
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:37:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Get a good nights sleep without having to worry about what bad things tomorrow might bring.

ETA:
Buy a house with an air conditioned garage for me and a big backyard for the kids.
Buy a Honda Odyssey van
Put at least $10k in the bank for an emergency fund.
Pay off wife's student loans
Finish my degree
Start 529's for my kids
Buy a proper home brew setup
Learn to distill palinka
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:40:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I want to distill illegal moonshine liquor, and get good enough at it to make it worthwhile for me to put it up in barrels and make fine, aged sippin' whiskey.

Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:40:47 AM EDT
[#35]
I would like to go on an Alaskan cruise. I think money is not as much of an issue as time, plus at this point in my life I would be going alone

Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:42:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Aviation
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:44:43 AM EDT
[#37]
Travel to Asia and south america with my fiancee.
Hike the Appalachian trail in it's entirety
Climb Denali
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:45:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Have my house painted and a wall built would be nice.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:45:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Shoot IPSC/IDPA/GSSF/etc...
Reload my own ammo
Brew my own beer
DIstill my own whiskey
Make my Cherokee a BAMF
Get seriously into HAM radio
Take a long vacation with my wife and kids
Retire...
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:47:16 AM EDT
[#40]
Buy a 32' cabin cruiser and roam the Great Lakes.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:56:51 AM EDT
[#41]
I don't even know where to start.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:57:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Having the money and not being able to do things is different from being able to do things and not having the money.
It's a damn shame to get older and not being able to do the things you always wanted to do when you were younger and couldn't afford to.
I have the money to do just about anything I want to but there are lots of things I can't do.
One of them is hunt places like the bush in Alaska. I'm near 60 with two knee replacements and bad shoulders.
Got the money and the desire but can't hack it physically.
When you're younger you have families to take care of, you need to save money for emergencies and can't afford to spend the cash on "want-to" items.
You get older, your wealth may have increased and you have fewer expenses but you don't have the stamina to do the wild things you did when you were younger.
I always found a happy medium - caring for my family but still having fun - to some degree when I was younger but I always involved my family in doing those things.
Involve your families when you can. You'll find the fun they have makes up for a lot of the fun you can't have because of them.
ETA I'm proud of those here who would involve their families in the things they want to do. It tells me there are many good men out there who put others first besides their own wants and desires.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:58:54 AM EDT
[#43]
Fix up my Jeep so I would have been able to keep it instead of selling it.

Ride my motorcycle more instead of letting it sit and considering selling it.

Buy my girlfriend a car so she wouldn't have to work two jobs to afford one.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:59:49 AM EDT
[#44]
- Build a home

- Populate said home

- Find somewhere quiet, sandy, and tropical to vacation

- Build a custom vehicle to run Le Mans.....

- Learn to fly fixed-wing jets and assorted choppers, then purchase some

- Finish out college and on to Med school

Link Posted: 6/21/2011 8:00:34 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Get a good nights sleep without having to worry about what bad things tomorrow might bring.

same here

Link Posted: 6/21/2011 8:03:00 AM EDT
[#46]
helicopter ski whenever i want to. I will be going for my first time next winter though.

quit my job and competitively train for IronMan triathlon  

build my own home exactly the way i want it. no shortcuts taken by some cheese ball builder trying to save a extra 5$ only to cause me to spend 5000$ down the road to correct their incompetence
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 8:08:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Yes. Starting with an apartment in Hong Kong for my home base in the eastern hemisphere.

Link Posted: 6/21/2011 8:12:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Quoted:

same here

Same here also.One thing after the other just about every day,if it's not money then it's my health.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 8:13:51 AM EDT
[#49]
Travel

Have a log cabin in the mountains of somewhere with lots of acreage where it takes 30 minutes to get to the nearest civilization.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 8:14:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Buy a Pantera GTS
Fly a MiG
Send my daughter to Guam for her honeymoon(she was born there.)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top