Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/17/2004 9:09:17 PM EST
So today I was reading the Dec 10 issue of the OC register. There was a sob story about an illegal immigrant from Peru who was attending a four year university in Cali. Some private charity was paying his $22,000.00 a year tuition.

Anyway, he got picked up in an INS sweep at the San Juan Capistrano (Gang Land) train staition. Now he is out on his own recognisance, awaiting an immigration hearing.

What pissed me off was the article completely glossed over the fact that he illegally entered the country. He most likely commited fraud and perjury when he enrolled in the university using someone elses, or a false, SSN. Did the article call for shipping his felonious border jumping ass back to Peru? Heck no. It was full of quotes from church leaders and public school teachers talking about what a nice young man he is.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:11:25 PM EST
California is a lost cause. Cut and run, my friend.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:11:57 PM EST
I see alot of things that cover up things like that.

Strange if I go and try to use someone else idenity or a fake one for something I expect I'll end up in jail
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:12:17 PM EST
sad, isnt it?
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:12:49 PM EST
When the Great Tidal Wave claims Japan, I'm hoping it gets California too
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:13:51 PM EST
You are surprised? The Register is better than the Times, but not by much. I'm sure there was a number and address where we could send contributions? Crap. We should make him and/or his family/country pay us back for the tax dollars that were spent to educate, house, and insure him.

Then send him back to emmigrate legally.

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 10:24:55 PM EST
I was born and raised in CA and have lived here for almost 50 years and I have to say that this state sucks donkey weenies.

CW
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 10:27:55 PM EST

Originally Posted By AR15fan:
So

Anyway, he got picked up in an INS sweep at the San Juan Capistrano (Gang Land) train staition. Now he is out on his own recognisance, awaiting an immigration hearing.

and like 30 feet from Gangland station sits some of the biggest mansions (Peppertree Bend) I have a few customers up there... nice.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 11:24:12 AM EST

Originally Posted By DrFrige:

Originally Posted By AR15fan:
So

and like 30 feet from Gangland station sits some of the biggest mansions (Peppertree Bend) I have a few customers up there... nice.

Yes, there are some very expensive homes on some of the former foothills and horse properties. Howerver Los Rios and La Zanja remains the heart of San Juan. Why anyone would willingly live there is beyond me.
Top Top