Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2006 12:32:12 PM EDT
Ive got a test tommorrow in my anthropology course, and am about ready to head off to the library to study...only problem is, I just threw down 2 natty lights and am goin for a 3rd.

How well will I remember what I study?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:34:28 PM EDT
[#1]
If you study buzzed, take the test buzzed. You'll recall the knowledge best when in the same setting and scenario as when you studied it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:34:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Doesn't matter.  When you graduate and get a real job (hopefully not flipping burgers) you will not need anthopology in the slightest.  Then, someday when you have your own office like me, you can surf ARFCOM all day just like you do now...
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:35:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Not very well.  

G
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:36:09 PM EDT
[#4]
It's all about priorities, I guess.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:36:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Ive got a test tommorrow in my anthropology course, and am about ready to head off to the library to study...only problem is, I just threw down 2 natty lights and am goin for a 3rd.

How well will I remember what I study?

a SMALL buzz actually helps me study/remember.

try for yourself and find out.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:37:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I had a couple of beers the night before the most of my most important exams (career certification). I failed it. Good luck.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:40:05 PM EDT
[#7]
might relax you a 3 beer buzz should go away pretty fast, i took a final at 900 pm with a beer buzz got a  b but boy was that stupid.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:41:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I wouldn't recommend studying with a buzz...Working out with a little buzz was great though..I was always a lot looser and more determined
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:43:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Wether you drink before an exam is not the issue right now.
I wouldn't recommend drinking Natty Lite.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:46:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Ive never done it before, so I figured i'd throw a couple back and go to the library. Right now ive only got 2 in but that was in about 15 minutes. Feel pretty good I guess you'd say.

Working out with a little buzz, hmm. Might have to try that later today too. I usually run the 2 miles to the gym to workout and a buzz might be pretty cool.

Either way, i'm feeling rather confident right now
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:47:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Hey, I didnt pay for it, and it was in the fridge...so I cant complain
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:47:39 PM EDT
[#12]
The only reasons you'll need anthropology: 1. If you become an anthropologist, which I doubt you will. 2. Since you were dumb enough to take the course, you want to maintain your GPA.

Don't worry about it. If it's a problem, see if you can change to pass/fail.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:49:01 PM EDT
[#13]
it'll be fine, and yeah, get away from the natty lite. I know you are in college so money is tight....but damn.

Drinking a few beers could actually impdove your study time. Did you know that your brain moves like a herd of buffalo. The herd can only move as fast as its slowest members. The slowest membrs and stragglers of the herd get naturally selected by predators before the quicker moving members of the herd. Since your brain operates the same way, having a few beers will kill off the slower straggling brain cells at the back of your brain herd. Therefore you will be able to think a little quicker and be a little smarter. This is why people say so many witty and hilarious things at parties.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:50:01 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey, I didnt pay for it, and it was in the fridge...so I cant complain

yes you can
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:50:21 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
The only reasons you'll need anthropology: 1. If you become an anthropologist, which I doubt you will. 2. Since you were dumb enough to take the course, you want to maintain your GPA.

Don't worry about it. If it's a problem, see if you can change to pass/fail.

I'm taking it for my gen. ed. Right now i'm a business major but still working on my gen eds. Im thinking about switching over to Criminal Justice though. I'm in the PLC program with the Marine Corps and go to OCS for 6 weeks at the end of the semester. With a criminal justice degree and Marine Corps background I could get a job with the CIA or some agency.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:02:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Your parents must be happy that you take studying so seriously on whatever dime they have invested in your tuition.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:06:52 PM EDT
[#17]
I think your bigger problems are that:
1. You drink Natty Lite.
2. You actually got a buzz off of two of them.

What kind of college student are you??
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:09:22 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm a Criminology major and found the best strategy: i just dont study.

just about every test I have taken in my college career has been cold turkey, and i still have a 3.0

this has freed up a LOT of time for drinking and post whoring.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:18:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:21:21 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I'm a Criminology major and found the best strategy: i just dont study.

just about every test I have taken in my college career has been cold turkey, and i still have a 3.0

this has freed up a LOT of time for drinking and post whoring.

You're a criminology major at Miami?  I thought that was a major reserved for linebackers who don't know how to read, and can't count to twenty without taking their shoes off.  

Or was that Florida?  

Go Seminoles!!  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:21:58 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I think your bigger problems are that:
1. You drink Natty Lite.
2. You actually got a buzz off of two of them.

What kind of college student are you??

Natty Lite is actually my urine, canned, after a night of drinking.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:24:23 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

You're a criminology major at Miami?  I thought that was a major reserved for linebackers who don't know how to read, and can't count to twenty without taking their shoes off.  

Let's just say that I have a lot of football players in my classes.

They major in football, I major in ROTC.  It all works out.  They get to go play in the NFL, I get to go fly jets.

GO CANES!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:25:18 PM EDT
[#23]
DONT DRINK AND DRIVE!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:32:32 PM EDT
[#24]
i've heard the same thing in regards to marijuana...

I tested the theory numerous times in college
I'd tell you how it worked out, but I don't remember ...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top