Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2001 3:21:30 PM EDT
The Boston Globe has a story about a Mass. High School that has a new policy that if 2 or more people confirm that you SMELL like cigarette smoke..you will be suspended for 5 days. The rule applies to first offenders and repeat offenders.  I can't believe this. Not even in the Soviet Union of years past did they have such draconian shit.  For anyone who thinks I made this story up.....check out the url below.

[url]http://www.boston.com/news/daily/01/smoke.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 3:26:54 PM EDT
[#1]
And bureaucrats who smell like ***holes will get promoted.

We are one step away from a total police state.

Link Posted: 7/1/2001 3:37:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Here is the link to the high school and you can find Jane K Monoodo's e-mail if you click on Principal's Desk.

Tomorrow, I will do what I usually do with these zero tolerance idiots.  She will become an NRA member at my expense.  She will get First Freedom delivered to her office along with bushels of junk mail soliciting money for the next year.

Here is a quote from her site:

"All ninth graders will have had the Critical Issues class by the end of the year, and all senior girls took a self-defense class called “Model Mugging.”  In our large group games students are involved in activities that stress active engagement and enjoyment of the activity with less emphasis on winning."

Sounds like a "Learn to be a victim program."  Think I'm gonna be sick.

[url]http://www.hopkinton.k12.ma.us/high/[/url]

Here's her e-mail:

[email protected]
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 3:42:48 PM EDT
[#3]
ROTFLMAO, really a year of membership to the NRA......... If you really wanted to be bad you would wait a month then send an e-mail to the school asking why the principal is getting her personal gun nut stuff delivered to her at work.
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 3:42:57 PM EDT
[#4]
If two or more people confirm that a student smells like smoke, that student will face suspension under the assumption that he or she has recently been smoking.
View Quote

If two or more students think another student is stupid is he [i]assumed[/i] to be an idiot and given a failing grade?  The term "Nazi Youth" comes to mind.

Modoono said the smoke stench is different on someone who just smoked than it is on someone who was standing nearby.
View Quote

Ted Kennedy probably help secure a sizeable grant to fund research to determine the difference in orders.

What about teens who dance in a suggestive manner?  They're obviously having sex.  What about those who part their hair in the middle?  Drug users.  yada, yada, yada....

Eddie

Link Posted: 7/1/2001 3:43:31 PM EDT
[#5]
It won't last long. Once students find out how to "plant" cigarette smell onto a peer the whole scheme'll collapse.
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 3:50:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Sent Ms. Hitler an email...for all the good it will do.  

Eddie
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 3:51:47 PM EDT
[#7]
What about kids whose parents smoke? tell me the kids wont smell like second hand smoke all of the time. Wow.
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 4:46:33 PM EDT
[#8]
This is a new low.  Think of all the people who fought and died so people like this school bureaucrat can live in, and continue to erode, freedom.

She probably owns stock in an air freshener/deodorant/breath mint company.  What was that stuff called?  Ozium?

Naaaah, she's not savvy enough to have the profit motive.  Just another budding member of the Thought Police.
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 4:52:31 PM EDT
[#9]
But what will they do about students who don't shower and just REEK of BO?!
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 4:57:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 5:07:13 PM EDT
[#11]
And what if the kid's parents smoke?  That nasty smell will follow the kid around...
   If they smell smoke on a kid, then they ASSUME that the kid has been smoking. What the heck ever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"????
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 5:10:11 PM EDT
[#12]
[):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)][):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)][):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)][):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)][):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)][):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)][):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)][):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)][):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)][):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)][):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)][):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)] [):)]
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 5:10:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Not to want to ruin anybodys day, but hear is a story from USA Today online.  In Tampa, Fla., they are using cameras with facial recogition software to randomly scan the streets to find "people with outstanding warrents".  If this is not big brother, then I don't know what is?  

[url]http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2001/07/01/big-brother.htm[/url]

But after all, it's for your own good.  Who would oppose 24/7 camera monitoring unless they were a criminal? Now you see that the cameras designed to stop people from running red lights are a great idea.  Why not have cameras everywhere? Look at how many lives have been saved by having the cameras at red lights? Same thing goes with seat belt laws, sobriety check points, mandatory drug tests, asset forfeture (to stop the drug dealers), helmet laws, and of course gun laws.....if it saves one life or prevents on crime or catches one criminal.......right?

Makes me sick  :(
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 5:14:16 PM EDT
[#14]
my thought exactly, or kids who are 18 and smoke before entering school, which is legal, or kids who go to breakfast some day before school and the restaurant has a smoking section that is full of heavy smokers? Stupid school

Quoted:
What about kids whose parents smoke? tell me the kids wont smell like second hand smoke all of the time. Wow.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 6:30:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Hey!
My kids smell like CLP will they succeed in life?
TF
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 9:17:03 PM EDT
[#16]
"Tomorrow, I will do what I usually do with these zero tolerance idiots. She will become an NRA member at my expense. She will get First Freedom delivered to her office along with bushels of junk mail soliciting money for the next year."

Almost threw up from laughing[:P]

Link Posted: 7/1/2001 9:22:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Those children will be OK.
Their parents will be executed for child abuse.
Welcome to the New World.

Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 9:51:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Gee, what happens if the student's parents smoke, they work in a garage [or other area with smokers], or they burn rubbish?

(Oh, wait.  Burn barrels are probably illegal in the occupied territories...)

Mike
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 10:10:33 PM EDT
[#19]
If you want to be a parent, you better get busy. Looks like the government schools are taking over most of it. "Early childhood education" programs because parents can't be trusted with raising their kids prior to them entering the government school system. Breakfast and lunch programs because parents can't be trusted to feed their kids. Dress codes because parents can't be trusted to dress their kids. Now the nose police. How about government dorms to house the kids, with only limited supervised visitation for the biological parents?
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 12:19:24 AM EDT
[#20]
im glad im out of school i dint smoke but i had friends that did
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 2:08:27 AM EDT
[#21]
That sounds like a bad idea.  Riddled with errors.

If they really wanted to curb underage smoking, here's a start.

Issue a citation to anyone under 18(in most states?) who is caught smoking on campus.  If they are on campus, a student ID can be requested.  Since they are still minors, the parents can be informed of their illegal activities.  

The parents can then take the appropriate measures as to assure the kid won't underage smoke again.  Such as kick their ass or ground them.

The government doesn't want people under 18 to smoke right?

[b]Supposedly.[/b]

What the hell are they actually doing about it besides attack tobacco companies on the airwaves?

[b]Nothing[/b]
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 9:54:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Liberty Ship:

Tomorrow, I will do what I usually do with these zero tolerance idiots.  She will become an NRA member at my expense.  She will get First Freedom delivered to her office along with bushels of junk mail soliciting money for the next year.

View Quote

This is a terrific idea!
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 3:21:16 PM EDT
[#23]
LOVE the NRA membership.....my kommie boss has one a comin.....

And the winner of the 2 paid dayz off school is.....What a racket, I would have KEPT a pack of smokes to stay out of school....

This rule would have made me start to smoke WAY before I did!!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top