Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2013 10:19:12 AM EDT
Link

A body pulled from the water off Indian Point Park in Rhode Island has been identified as the Brown University student mistakenly linked by amateur sleuths on a social media site to the Boston bombings.

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 10:21:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Doesn't mean he wasn't a part of it. Could have been a security risk and got killed by the terrorists
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 10:21:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Uh oh.

That's not good.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 10:22:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Suicide? This is the guy that dropped out of college and went missing for a month and didn't tell his family anything right?
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 10:23:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Doesn't mean he wasn't a part of it. Could have been a security risk and got killed by the terrorists

I see you're in Massachusetts.

How do we know you weren't one of the plotters?
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 10:23:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Well played.
But I'd have gone with "likely killed by his parents to seal off an investigation that might expose their plutonium enrichment program"
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 10:24:03 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

He was identified as looking like the bomber. There is no evidence he was tied to the terrorists at all.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 10:24:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Suicide? This is the guy that dropped out of college and went missing for a month and didn't tell his family anything right?

I believe that's him.  Indian?
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 10:24:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Maybe, maybe not.

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 10:25:55 AM EDT
[#9]
I wonder how far back time of death was.  I'd hate to think some hysterical mouthbreather capped him after the media turned him into public enemy #1.  

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 10:26:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 10:27:16 AM EDT
[#11]
(AP) April 25, 2013

Russian President Vladimir Putin said Thursday that the Boston bombings should spur stronger security cooperation between Moscow and Washington, adding that they also show that the West was wrong in supporting militants in Chechnya.

"This tragedy should push us closer in fending off common threats, including terrorism, which is one of the biggest and most dangerous of them all," Putin said during his annual call-in show on state television.

The Russian government contacted first the FBI and then the CIA in 2011 with concerns about Tamerlan Tsarnaev, U.S. officials said. The FBI said it had asked for more information from Russia, but none was provided.

Putin said Thursday that the Russian special services had no information to give because the Tsarnaevs had spent so little time in Russia.

Putin warned against trying to find the roots for the Boston tragedy in the suffering endured by the Chechen people, particularly in mass deportations of Chechens to Siberia and Central Asia on Soviet dictator Josef Stalin's orders. "The cause isn't in their ethnicity or religion, it's in their extremist sentiments," he said.

[redacted]

Putin criticized the West for refusing to declare Chechen militants terrorists and for offering them political and financial assistance in the past.

"I always felt indignation when our Western partners and Western media were referring to terrorists who conducted brutal and bloody crimes on the territory of Russia as rebels," Putin said.

The U.S. urged the Kremlin to seek a political settlement in Chechnya and criticized rights abuses by Russian troops during the two separatist wars. It also provided humanitarian aid to the region during the fighting in the 1990s and early 2000s.

Russian officials have claimed that rebels in Chechnya have close links with al-Qaida.

We always have said that we shouldn't limit ourselves to declarations about terrorism being a common threat and engage in closer cooperation," he said. "Now these two criminals have proven the correctness of our thesis."

---

AP writers Vladimir Isachenkov and Lynn Berry in Moscow contributed to this report.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 10:27:22 AM EDT
[#12]
tag
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 10:34:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I wonder how far back time of death was.  I'd hate to think some hysterical mouthbreather capped him after the media turned him into public enemy #1.  

Since they had to use dental records to identify him I would say he has been dead for awhile.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 10:35:08 AM EDT
[#14]
is he the one that was the Arfcoms members neighbors cousin?
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 10:36:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Im not saying he is part of it, but Im sure it will be looked into thoroughly.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 10:36:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Did not someone here in GD know this kid?  He was missing long before the actual bombing.  

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 10:39:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
(AP) April 25, 2013

Russian President Vladimir Putin said Thursday that the Boston bombings should spur stronger security cooperation between Moscow and Washington, adding that they also show that the West was wrong in supporting militants in Chechnya.

"This tragedy should push us closer in fending off common threats, including terrorism, which is one of the biggest and most dangerous of them all," Putin said during his annual call-in show on state television.

The Russian government contacted first the FBI and then the CIA in 2011 with concerns about Tamerlan Tsarnaev, U.S. officials said. The FBI said it had asked for more information from Russia, but none was provided.

Putin said Thursday that the Russian special services had no information to give because the Tsarnaevs had spent so little time in Russia.

Putin warned against trying to find the roots for the Boston tragedy in the suffering endured by the Chechen people, particularly in mass deportations of Chechens to Siberia and Central Asia on Soviet dictator Josef Stalin's orders. "The cause isn't in their ethnicity or religion, it's in their extremist sentiments," he said.

[redacted]

Putin criticized the West for refusing to declare Chechen militants terrorists and for offering them political and financial assistance in the past.

"I always felt indignation when our Western partners and Western media were referring to terrorists who conducted brutal and bloody crimes on the territory of Russia as rebels," Putin said.

The U.S. urged the Kremlin to seek a political settlement in Chechnya and criticized rights abuses by Russian troops during the two separatist wars. It also provided humanitarian aid to the region during the fighting in the 1990s and early 2000s.

Russian officials have claimed that rebels in Chechnya have close links with al-Qaida.

We always have said that we shouldn't limit ourselves to declarations about terrorism being a common threat and engage in closer cooperation," he said. "Now these two criminals have proven the correctness of our thesis."

---

AP writers Vladimir Isachenkov and Lynn Berry in Moscow contributed to this report.

Well I kinda see what he is saying. If we were getting attacked regularly by Mexicans blowing things up, not cartel shootings. I don't think Russia would openly support them.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 10:44:15 AM EDT
[#19]
he was dead the day he disappeared.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 11:12:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Dropping out of school is a primary indicator of something going wrong or has drastically changed in a young person's life.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 11:14:22 AM EDT
[#21]
The reason he was a suspect was because he disappeared.

As more detail came out, it looked like he disappeared to kill himself.

So yea... Not sure I'd toss the internet under the bus on this one.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 11:16:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
That kid has been missing since March. The media has fabricated this story. There is no proof that he even knew of the link or was alive when the bombing occured.

I don't think it was the media this time who misidentified him, surprisingly.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 11:23:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Coulda been guilty, coulda been a death related to the half million dipshit internet "detectives" that crowded the internet that week.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 11:25:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Probably killed himself when he was listed as a suspect.

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 11:33:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Him no gonna went there.

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 11:46:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Really....
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 11:52:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Probably killed himself when he was listed as a suspect.

Probably was dead already.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 11:56:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since they had to use dental records to identify him I would say he has been dead for awhile.

+1
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 11:58:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Considering that folks 'disappear' on a daily basis...why him, in particular?
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 12:01:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because he looked a little like the kid in the blurry surveillance tapes, because his parents had gone flat nuts trying to find him including the involvement of federal LE that don't normally get involved in that kind of thing, and because his little drama unfolded not far from the bombing.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 12:02:48 PM EDT
[#31]
He didn't have anything in common with the boston bombers. He wasn't a muslim. People speculated he bombed the marathon because he was upset with adidas. He just committed suicide, no conspiracy here. I'm sure Beck will be able to find a story here though; maybe this guy was facebook friends with a guy who's sister was tagged with the saudi national that was injured by standing next to the bomb that he somehow had something to do with yet stood next to it anyways.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 12:04:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because he looks like one of those people who aren't supposed to like us.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 12:06:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because he looked a little like the kid in the blurry surveillance tapes, because his parents had gone flat nuts trying to find him including the involvement of federal LE that don't normally get involved in that kind of thing, and because his little drama unfolded not far from the bombing.

Makes sense.  Thanks.

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 12:07:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
(AP) April 25, 2013

[redacted]

---

Well I kinda see what he is saying. If we were getting attacked regularly by Mexicans blowing things up, not cartel shootings. I don't think Russia would openly support them.

I agree, Looks like another half cocked/feel good gesture by the US government backfires. I'm all for America occasionally stepping in and doing the right thing. It just seems like more often than not they end up stepping on their own dick in the process.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 12:08:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I missed the dental records part... good to know, looks like he didn't get lynched because of the MSM.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 12:10:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
(AP) April 25, 2013

[redacted]

---

I don't trust Vladimir Putana as far as my arm

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 12:11:37 PM EDT
[#37]
But on the other hand Putana is not 0bama, if Putana could kill every man. woman and child Chechen he would
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top