Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/27/2003 1:58:01 PM EDT
It's about time this detestable, decrepit, racist bastard relieved us of his presence. This country is now a far better place.....
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 2:00:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow, are you his replacement?
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 2:00:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Gee what a nice thing to say.

Our you going to be as equally thrilled when the following detestable, decrepit, racist bastards relieved us of their presence?

Jesse Jackson
Al Sharpton
Louis Farakahn
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 2:08:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Too bad he wasn't elected President in '48. We prolly would NOT be in the UN today. AND, we may very well have NOT seen many of the Supreme court decisions, and idiot laws, that we have seen....
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 2:10:44 PM EDT
[#4]
You see - the problem here is that you took a left at Google and Yahoo.  You should have turned the other way - that's where you find DU.com

It's a simple mistake.  We see it here often.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 2:15:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm sure there are those who would feel the same way regarding your demise.
How about testing my theory ?
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 2:16:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Steyr,

Sounds like you were a Thurmond supporter and agreed with his politics
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 2:20:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I agree with his politics. You got a problem with his politics you probably should be over at that DU site.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 2:22:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Strom Thurmond's Politics, From FOX News :

[i]Thurmond ran a pro-segregation campaign for president in 1948. As a senator nine years later, he filibustered (search) against the civil rights bill (search) for a still-record 24 hours 18 minutes, denouncing its attempts at "race-mixing."

But unlike Sen. Trent Lott, R-Miss., who lost his job as majority leader last December after embracing Thurmond's Dixiecrat (search) presidential run, [b]senators saluted Thurmond's later racial views. He was the first Southern GOP senator to hire a black aide in 1970, and he supported money for historically black colleges and creation of the federal holiday for Martin Luther King Jr.[/b]

[b]"I believe Strom Thurmond was a captive of his era, his age and his geography," said the liberal Sen. Joseph Biden (search), D-Del., a friend who said he has been asked to deliver a eulogy at Thurmond's funeral. "I do not believe Strom Thurmond at his core was a racist. But even if he had been, I believe that he changed."[/b]

"He campaigned on a platform of states' rights," said Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist (search), R-Tenn., who was catapulted from relative obscurity to the No. 1 Senate GOP job after the furor over Lott's remarks. "But in doing so, he also opposed civil rights, as he did for many years as a senator. History will reflect that part of Strom's life. [b]But history will also reflect that when Strom saw America had changed, and changed for the better, he changed, too."[/b][/i]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 2:23:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It's about time this detestable, decrepit, racist bastard relieved us of his presence. This country is now a far better place.....
View Quote

What a great country this is, both you and Thurmond can have your own opinions.  
Over the years his opinions changed, presently, yours are suspect.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 2:23:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Steyr,

Sounds like you were a Thurmond supporter and agreed with his politics
View Quote

Actually being less than 101 years old I barely know who he is and wasn't ever old enough to vote for him, different state anyway.

And yes I agreed with some of his fiscally conservative, limited government politics being a socilially liberal/fiscally conservative kinda person.

But I was mostly asking if you held other race baiters to the same standard or are you a hypocrite?
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 2:28:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

LOL, wow you must know ALOT about me. You must know absolutlely everything that goes on inside my head my head to make a judgement on my opinions. From one post you already conclude that all of my political opinions are suspect. How much do i owe you for the Tarot readings, Cleo? [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 2:30:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I guess old Strom, didn't pay enough "reparations", to suit you, eh, buffalo????     [}:D]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 2:31:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

LOL, wow you must know ALOT about me. You must know absolutlely everything that goes on inside my head my head to make a judgement on my opinions. From one post you already conclude that all of my political opinions are suspect. How much do i owe you for the Tarot readings, Cleo? [rolleyes]
View Quote

What a fucking joke.

One post away from having just made a judgement about me and my political opinions.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 2:31:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I agree with his politics. You got a problem with his politics you probably should be over at that DU site.
View Quote

No, i don't need to go over to the DU site, buddy. I don't need to go anywhere- you do; because if you agree with Strom Thurmond's politics-which are utterly anti-American- then you must be anit-American yourself.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 2:35:23 PM EDT
[#15]
You apparently don't know much about Strom Thurmond. You must be looking for a racist under every rock. Gotta be a sad way to live, Buddy.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 2:45:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Holy crap! I kept seeing that guy on TV and thought he was already dead and they just wheeling him around like "Weekend at Bernies".

On a serious note, what I know about him, he did at least have convictions and values.
He stood by his convictions even when unpopular and his values changed for the better as he grew intellectualy and society changed.
I dont hold the same political views I had when I was younger.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 2:48:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You apparently don't know much about Strom Thurmond. You must be looking for a racist under every rock. Gotta be a sad way to live, Buddy.
View Quote

He was a racist and sexually harassed nearly every woman in Washington. That's enough to know about him. I also know he is dead [:D]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 2:58:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Before you trash Strom anymore why don't you read up a bit about him. Specifically his service with the 82nd Airborne during WWII, his actions at Normandy during the invasion and then try to comprehend what it took to get all those awards he has.

And you have the gall to refer to yourself as a "soldier"
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:02:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

He was a racist and sexually harassed nearly every woman in Washington. That's enough to know about him. I also know he is dead [:D]
View Quote

Sorry boy, we're talking about Strom Thurmond, not Bill "what is is" Clinton or Jesse "you stay out de bushes but I can't" Jackson.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:07:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Before you trash Strom anymore why don't you read up a bit about him. Specifically his service with the 82nd Airborne during WWII, his actions at Normandy during the invasion and then try to comprehend what it took to get all those awards he has.

View Quote

Great post Gary, it won't matter, buffalo_Dung doesn't care about anything except race issues regarding Thurmond.
A typical one dimensional crybaby. [baby]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:13:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:28:54 PM EDT
[#22]

Let me say what everyone here has been trying to tell you, buffalo-soldier:

[b]Get the fuck outta here, you asshole! You're a fucking idiot.[/b]

Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:29:50 PM EDT
[#23]
[:K]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:30:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Hey Buffalo-soldier, are you really a buffalo soldier?

I did not like the drolling old fart and more than Louis Farrakan or any other racist.  I'm not sure why they kept electing him to office, he was feeble 20 years ago.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:33:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Ditto what GaryM and others here have posted,he served this country on the battle-field over there and here also!

He was reelected ! What more is there to say!

Hats off here in respect for Strom Thurmond!

Where is your respect Son?

Bob [:D]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:39:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

You are an ill-informed fool and a poor student of history.

Thurmond was a segregationsit Dixiecrat in the forties and fifties...as were a bunch of pols, including one shining light of the current Democratic caucus, the senior senator from the Great State of West Virginia, Mr. Byrd.

In the sixties, Thurmond saw the handwriting on the wall, realized that he needed Black Folks votes to stay in the senate for those forty eight years and radically changed course, being the very first senator to hire a negro staffer (To use the term THEN in vogue.).  He was the first sourthern pol to vote FOR the MLK holiday...but then you wouldn't know any of that Ol' Buff...since you have obviously been listening to your equally dim liberal friends.  Just the fact that he did change...and was still accepted by the white majority for ALL those years in South Carolina says far more about him that your stupid words.  His consittuents loved the guy and THEY knew him...you insult them by your words.

Racism, both overt and covert has been a problem in America since the ratification of the Constitution.  It continues to plague us in many forms...and from many different people of many different colors...NOT JUST WHITE FOLKS!

Just for a second, why don't you take a potshot at some of the current black racists in America...like the Rev. Mr. Sharpton, the Rev. Mr. Jackson, the Rev. Mr. Farrakhan or possibly congresswoman Maxine Waters from Da Hood in LA (My old stompin grounds!).

For you to even bring this up...to gloat over a dead man...and one who DID most certainly contribute to the [overall] betterment of his country, is most foul.

[b]You should be ashamed![/b][pissed][soapbox][pissed]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:41:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yea...think about that guys...the man was [b]FORTY ONE YEARS OLD ON D-DAY![/B]  He most certainly didn't have to go...so why did he?
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:54:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Mr.Thurmond was of an old breed almost extinct now. He was a White Man who was Proud to be a White Man and didn't care if you didn't like it because that was his right as a American citizen.

The South will miss Mr. Thurmond as will all Americans.

I hope they play "DIXIE" at his funeral right after the national anthem.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 4:05:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Nobody doubts he did his service in WWII, nobody doubts he did a few nice things late in life.  But for the first 50 or 60 years of his life he was snickering at lynchings with the rest of the Klan and ruining black folks lives.  The fact that he was decent after being forced into the 20th century does not entirely make up for his past.

Seperate but equal was never actually equal.  How many lives were ruined? How many people died needlessly?  How many important inventions or cures were lost because the inventor was the wrong color?  This guy was no saint, he was perfectly willing to say or do anything to stay in power.  If he would have won as a seperatist, we would still be living in the dark ages.  

The south lost in 1865, get over it. I am far from liberal in my views and I have my own prejudices like everybody else.  But, we were only a few years ahead of South Africa in reforming our country, because of guys like Strum Thurmond.  

Strum was a paratrooper, Hitler was in the infantry, lots of famous people served there nations.  That does not excuse their behavior or beliefs.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 4:13:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

I believe that it was former Presidente Clinton who sexually harrassed nearly every woman in Washington.

There were many politicians and Judges who made political decisions based on Racism.

For example, our most recent US Supreme Court Ruling now backs Racial Quotas (provided they are not called "Quotas"). This is institutionalized Racism. A Job Candidate or Graduate School Candidate can be admitted/hired (or denied) based upon their race.

President Clinton along with many other Democratic Politicians supported the Racist Policies of "Affirmitive Action"

Link Posted: 6/27/2003 4:16:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The south lost in 1865, get over it. I am far from liberal in my views and I have my own prejudices like everybody else.
View Quote

It sounds like you are the one who needs to 'get over it'.  No one here mentioned the Second War of Independence until you did.  Sheesh.

I'll ask you the same question that buffalo dung has been asked and refused to answer:

Do you hold Al Sharpton, Loius Farrakan, and Jesse Jackson in the same contempt?
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 4:29:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Nobody doubts he did his service in WWII, nobody doubts he did a few nice things late in life.  But for the first 50 or 60 years of his life he was snickering at lynchings with the rest of the Klan and ruining black folks lives.  The fact that he was decent after being forced into the 20th century [red]does not entirely make up for his past[/red].
View Quote

What past?? "Thought Crimes"?? Was he ever charged or convicted of a crime?? How long does whitey have to pay for the way he thinks, or, [b]used[/b] to think??

Do you know for a fact that he was ever present at a lynching??

Seperate but equal was never actually equal.  How many lives were ruined? How many people died needlessly?  How many important inventions or cures were lost because the inventor was the wrong color?  This guy was no saint, he was perfectly willing to say or do anything to stay in power.  If he would have won as a seperatist, we would still be living in the dark ages.
View Quote

Ya, the nation would have been horrible, we might have avoided a bunch of wonderful supreme court justices, and maybe even LBJ's "Great Society" reparations programs. Not to mention, abortion, and affirm action...[rolleyes]  

The south lost in 1865, get over it. I am far from liberal in my views and I have my own prejudices like everybody else.  But, we were only a few years ahead of South Africa in reforming our country, because of guys like Strum Thurmond.
View Quote

Ya, Africa is a great example for America...  

Strum was a paratrooper, Hitler was in the infantry, lots of famous people served there nations.  That does not excuse their behavior or beliefs.  
View Quote

Were all the "88" names taken, when you signed up for the site???    [:\]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:02:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

blah-blah-blah [b]I'm a loser[/b] blah-blah-blah

This "person" is a troll.  He's posted several "it's fun to piss people off" threads here before.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:23:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Nobody ever said Strum Thurmond was charged with a crime.  He was a racist, "not proud to be white" but a racist.  While being a racist or a white seperatist is not a crime it does indicate his politics.    

The "Great Society programs" and liberal justices that people demanded in the 1960's may have been avoided entirely if we had allowed minorities to vote, attend schools and eat at the counter.  These things were a result of years of unfair and sometimes brutal treatment at the hands of people like Strum Thurmond.

In South Africa ( a country on the African continent) they are having severe problems governing themselves. Why? because after decades of oppression, with very little education or understanding of how their country is supposed to run, they were suddenly allowed to live in a free society.

Do most of you still consider a black man to be 3/5ths of a man?  

I cannot frigging stand Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton, they are as bad as any skinheads. I am not a fan of liberal politics in general.

I do not see the anti-abortion crowd out there adopting unwanted children and raising them as their own.  I do not see the need to fill the nation with uncared for, unwanted children.

In your White Separatist Utopia, where does the half black child your sister gave birth to last year get to sit at Thanksgiving???
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:39:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Its not that we consider them as 3/5ths of a man its just that 3/5ths of them choose not to be part of positive and responsible society.  The rest live their lives like we do and look down on those that ruin the idea of their race.  The two-fifths of good blacks remaining hate black and white scum together, as I do.  Are we both racist, you betcha, but we both have good reasons.  We work hard to provide for our families while the scum are paid to sit at home and rob us during the day.  We hate the scum for what they do, not the color of their skin.  If this is the liberal society you speak of so highly, I suggest you take redrays advice.

Bill3508  
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:43:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Do most of you still consider a black man to be 3/5ths of a man?  
View Quote

You really wanna hear truth?? As a general rule, or individually??
Should we judge by the condition of American inner cities?? O shall we judge by different African Nations??
Don't give me this;

because after decades of oppression, with very little education or understanding of how their country is supposed to run, they were suddenly allowed to live in a free society.
View Quote

HORSESHIT!!! What about Liberia???

Name for me ANY stable "Black" Country, that's had stability for 30 years or better!!!

Is it ALL whitey's fault???

[b]Do you REALLY want an answer to your question??[/b]      [}:D]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:51:08 PM EDT
[#37]
UH did anybody mention he is the only man elected with a write in ballot!

Bob [:D]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:11:27 PM EDT
[#38]
I would not say it's all Whitey's fault by any means.  I happen to think that you make your own conditions in most cases.  The inner-city sucks because they ruined it.  Nobody is stopping them from putting trash in the trash can or taking a bath.  I am saying that excluding 15 percent of our nation from any participation in our society for the 100 years
that followed the "Second War for Independence" was wrong. Depriving the 15% of a proper education, decent job, access to banking, colleges or a voters booth was not what the framers of the Constitution dreamed of doing.  It had a negative impact that still exists today.

Do you really thing that the "White Seperatists Utopia" that filled ol'Strum's dreams would function with 40 million people wandering around outside the gates?? We have millions of hispanics and asians as well do they get excluded from life in America?
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:24:29 PM EDT
[#39]
FWIW, on a news radio station today I heard an interesting Thurmond quote. Did I hear this correctly?

" I am against legal segregation and I am against legal integration".

Gwen in Lost Angeles

Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:29:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
In your White Separatist Utopia, where does the half black child your sister gave birth to last year get to sit at Thanksgiving???
View Quote

I can answer that one, though we aren't "white separatists".  Anthony my half-black nephew sits on mine or my sisters or whoever else wants to hold him at the time's lap at our family's table.  Though his father isn't loved by our family (its not color its the content of his character that is the problem).  Of course the loser dad is in the pokie again, stupid idiot that he is.  And my rebelious sister goes on thinking everyone hates him cause he's black.  She doesn't understand we hate him because he's a drug using, DUI having, Revoked license, piece of shit with a rap sheet, and not much else.

I love my nephew, and so does the rest of my family, because its not a color issue....he's a great looking kid with a really good personality.  Hopefully he follows OUR example and not his father's.  If he does follow his dad's example, it will just cement what others have said all along, but I'm not ready for that!
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:32:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Nobody doubts he did his service in WWII, nobody doubts he did a few nice things late in life.  But for the first 50 or 60 years of his life he was snickering at lynchings with the rest of the Klan and ruining black folks lives.  The fact that he was decent after being forced into the 20th century does not entirely make up for his past.

View Quote

ding, ding, ding we have a winner
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:43:07 PM EDT
[#42]
If Strom Thurmond was such a racist, how in the world did he get reelected after the civil rights movement? Hell, at least he changed his ways, and wasn't affiliated with the KKK, unlike Robert Byrd, the darling of the liberal democrats.

Buf_Sod is an idiot, and seems to be of a liberal (antiAmerican) bent, whereas Senator Thurmond was all about America.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:51:42 PM EDT
[#43]
You guys should know better than to feed trolls!

I know barely anything about the man except for his military service, and not much about that either.  However, being that he is a brother-in-arms he deserves a salute from all service members.  And further he deserves some respect from the rest.  He's earned it.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:53:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Lets put some of these myths to rest...the dixiecrat party wasn't all about race relations.  I had to read a lot of his speeches for a class I had in college (did a term paper on the dixiecrats).  Most of what they were worried about was the spread of communism and the growing federal government.  Let us not forget that FDR was the prior president.  Government expansion and programs the likes as never seen before plus throw in the TVA and park service grabbing lands in the mountains; andyou have a lot of very unhappy southerners.

To say that the dixiecrat party was only about racism is like saying that the liberitarian party is only about legalizing drugs.  Might have been an issue but not the defining factor.  I agree with Trent Lott, if Strom had one, our nation would be a much better place today.

Lets also draw a line and distinguish between segration and racism.  Strom may have believed that the races should stay seperate, but he also worked to defend and serve blacks way before it was ever fashionable.  In the '20 he defended some black families in a suit to get denied benefits.  He championed improvements in black schools and wanted to see an increase in the quality of life for black in the state.  I think that he as well as the rest of the South was really forced to change rapidly from 200 plus years of a certain social structure.  Most of us don't like change, so you can understand his reluctance to adopt these new progressive ideas.  Follow his life, had he truly been a racist and evil man, would he have changed withthe times an done some of the things that were mentioned earlier?  I really think not.

As for the people here rejoicing in his death, you've just demonstrate your lack of class.   He served his constituents well over the years (both black and white).  You might want to talk about his alleged womanizing and feable stature, but in acting immature you demonstrate that he was much more of a man that any of y'all could ever hope to be.

This is a very sad day indeed in the Southland.  They have lost an institution down there.  Quite simply they don't make men like him anymore.

Jim
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 7:12:26 PM EDT
[#45]
SOUTH AFRICA?????? YA, we can see how that country is moving ahead after "all the racist" aren't running the country anymore.

LIBERALS ARE FUCKING IDIOTS!
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 7:31:50 PM EDT
[#46]
...using an accent from [i]some[/i]where in the Deep South...

"Heah he come.  Daeh he go.  I don' see no Buffalo!"

I keep tellin' people there's only ONE Race, and there's Bigots of every kind in it.

And lighten up, will ya? [;D]

Link Posted: 6/27/2003 7:54:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Clinton was re-elected and would get more terms if allowed.  BS.  Just because you can fool people and get the DU media behind you, that doesn't make it right.

Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:47:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Don't give me this;
Name for me ANY stable "Black" Country, that's had stability for 30 years or better!!!
View Quote

Cameroon has had a stable government since 1960-61.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:54:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

ding, ding, ding we have a winner
View Quote
Not hardly.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 9:16:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I cannot frigging stand Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton, they are as bad as any [red]skinheads[/red]. I am not a fan of liberal politics in general.
View Quote

This proves you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.  You're just as bad as buffalo-soldier because you don't take the time to learn the facts before making blanket statements.

[img]edjones7.home.mchsi.com/line.gif[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top